Fortress Malta Campaign

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, November 11, 2015, 08:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Bear

_AH_DarkWolf

I sent it to you, Bear.

You got the connection for this?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Jack

Gator is correct.  You need to also check the No Fog of War Icons, No Enema Views, and Shared Kills Historical boxes.

_AH_DarkWolf

Oh yes that's right, I missed No Enemy Views.

We don't use Shared Kills Historical, because that actually turns off kill sharing for certain airforces. We like our shared kills across the board, right? For example the germans did not share kills, so with this enabled if we're flying german it will never share kills.

Fog of War Icons is related to dogfight fog of war settings in the FMB is'nt it? Unless you've enabled those in some way I don't think that will do anything, I've never seen it affect a COOP before. Can it?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Bear

Yes.. i believe i can do it ok.. fiber optic..

_AH_DarkWolf

Ok, sounds like we are good to go then.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

Ok, here is the advance brief for Mission 14 for you Squadron Leader type peoples. You can click on the images to make them larger.

Let me know if you have any questions.

This is the mission I was talking about earlier when we were discussing fuel. Using the 45 gal slipper tank I made it out to the convoy without draining it. That was 90% throttle and a gentle climb to 20k on the way. I was carrying 100% internel fuel as well. We're gonna be well beyond the "safe" area around Malta so I think 100% fuel should be the order of the day.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

Slight addendum to the brief for tonight :

DW

_AH_Bear

"Canadian" should be capitalized..

_AH_DarkWolf

It's an advanced brief so it's a work in progress. It only counts if a mistake makes it into the final version.

DW

PS - Shut up SKAT.

_AH_DarkWolf

We had 13 of 21 guys fail to return in Mission 14. So thats a better than 50% loss rate, which is tough. Losses like that always warrant a closer to look to see what went wrong and looking at the track and reviewing each loss, only 6 of those 13 were lost to enemy fire. We had one guy black out and crash, one guy flew through a stuka he was attacking and FIVE pilots ripped their wing off. So half of our losses were self inflicted. I'm not sure if what the tracks shows is accurate but it appears almost all of the guys who lost a wing still had their drop tank which may have attributed to that. Though you still gotta be careful with the spit at high speed regardless.

So let's be aware of those high G turns and make sure we dump those tanks if we have them.

DW

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on March 09, 2016, 09:17:38 PM
FIVE pilots ripped their wing off. So half of our losses were self inflicted.

DW

That seemed preventable as I know I stated several times before we flew I suggested to watch your throttle and speed in your dives, just sayin.... :thinking-008:

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

No doubt I ripped my left wing off but wasn't in a high g turn or a very steep dive and pretty sure had dropped my tank,not sure. It would be interesting to know how many pilots lost their wings in combat in WWII ,may be wrong,usually am,if the flight characteristics of the AI planes were the same as ours our kill rate would increase and so would our survival rate. I know I wont change anybodys mind on this subject but neither will I.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_Col._Hogan

I like it Gat, lost my wing as well...

S!

_AH_kawilder

Here is a nice argument on the subject. And looking a little deeper it seems there were failures of the wing and tail. However I do think the AI has a different set of rules than us.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?topic=124520.0