Fortress Malta Spitfires

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, November 13, 2015, 12:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Viper

_AH_DarkWolf

H, J and D have already been taken for your squadron, Vipes.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Olds

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Viper

Well all I can say is it's about time.

_AH_DarkWolf

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_BBQhead

S~

I'm gonna take another stab at an answer..

I already asked for a Q.  So I'll keep that part and say: Q, 68, and an arrow.  ( Like a bow and arrow arrow )

Did I win?   

O yea, when you read arrow, read it like this AAAARRo.  Yes, it's supposed to be mildly annoying when you  hear the little voice in your head say it that way. Try it again and really listen. AAAARRo If it's not annoying you, you're not doing it right.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   Don't ya jest LOVE that BBQ?
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on November 30, 2015, 02:14:10 PM
AAAARRo If it's not annoying you, you're not doing it right.

No it's not annoying me but when I view this message I think of something similar, AAAASSSSho....

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

I think I'll go with B since our Squadron Leader is'nt taking it.

So BBQ, what exact model of ARO do you want? I mean it seems a little odd that you want a Romanian off-road vehicle on your Spitfire but hey, who am I to judge?

This one looks kinda funky...

DW

_AH_Bear

Am I wrong or were we supposed to gain some sort of personal skins?  did I miss the link to them ??

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Bear on December 18, 2015, 03:19:36 AM
Am I wrong or were we supposed to gain some sort of personal skins?  did I miss the link to them ??

Only for the Spitfires which we are weeks away from getting in the campaign, so I have'nt made the skins yet. I'm letting the requests pile up here and then I will make them all and zip em up into one big pack and post the link.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

Thinking about this more, Hogan is the equivalent of our Wing Commander and it was a perk for them to pick their own codes. They often used their initials, for example Wg. Cdr. Peter Prosser Hanks used the codes PP*H. So Hogan, as Wingco you can pick all your code letters if you so choose, lucky bastard.

Something else higher ranking pilots often did was have their RAF rank flag\pennant on the side of their aircraft, usually just forward of the cockpit.

So the Wing Commander pennant looks like this:

The Squadron Leader flag comme ca :

So for Hogan, Bear, Hollywood and Lippy (unless you don't want me to) I'll add the appropriate one to your kites.

For example this is one of Prosser's aircraft, you can see the Wingco pennant on the side :

DW

_AH_Bear

_AH_Hollywood

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941