Fortress Malta Spitfires

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, November 13, 2015, 12:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

Ok, for the majority of the Fortress Malta campaign we'll be flying the Spitfire F Vc(2) trop 1942 which is a tropicalized version of the Spitfire with the big volkes filter under the nose. Originally these kites were painted with the standard two tone brown desert upper camo but since they were doing most of their fighting over water they were given a coat of blue on their upper surfaces which gave them this very unique look.

All the spitfires will carry the codes of the real squadrons you'll be flying as. If you want a personalized skin you can pick the individual code letter that goes with the squadron code and a favourite number that I can incorporate into the serial number on the tail. I'll also put your name under the cockpit. Only one letter can be used per AH squadron\HQ Flight, so it's first come first serve for those. I can put a small name or some such on the aircraft if you so desire but noseart will not really work due to the small area on the skin for it. Unless it is something very simple that can be done in a white or yellow color.

1st Squadron - 185 Squadron - Squadron Code GL in yellow

Letters taken : Z, T, Q, B, U, D, O, P, X, G

2nd Squadron - 249 Squadron - Squadron Code GN in white, changes to T in light blue later.

Letters taken : H, J, D, O, C, S, V, G

3rd Squadron - 126 Squadron then 1435 Squadron - Squadron Code MK in white for 126 then V in white for 1435.

Letters taken : F, X, L, S, G

HQ Flight - 601 Squadron, 603 Squadron then 229 Squadron - Squadron Code UF in white for 601 and X in yellow for 229. (Not gonna bother with 603 skins, their code was X anyways)

Letters taken : H, A

So you can respond here and pick your letters and numbers and what not. I'll keep this post updated with the letters people have chosen so it's all in one place. Oh and the individual codes in the pictures are not taken, just the ones I picked when making a skin for each.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Hollywood

~S~ DW,

Great job on these....

2nd Squadron, 249 Squadron (Malta) - Please assign AH_Hollywood to GN-H and T-H aircraft

~S~
Wood

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

249 Sqd. #55  GN-J then T-J
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_Mustang

~S~

249 sqd #26 any letters
letter C if available

_AH_Nimble

nIce job on the skins DW......I assume these models of the spits are carborated.....hic cup....  so battendown your hatches fellas and drink a little ginger ale ...to cure your hic cups... :bomb-034   looking forward to this campaign DW
as a foot note.... the book Im presently reading is about a french pilot who flew with the 602 and 603   .....   he was moved around quite a bit and became one of brittains most decorated aces

_AH_Col._Hogan

Beautiful.

Put me in anything available with an "H" and 369 on the tail

S!

Edit -

UF@H

X@H

_AH_fraggmann

MK-F then V-F and a small maple leaf where the nose art would go if at all possible.
Beauty skins DW  nice job
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_Bear

~S~ Dw... #54 on mine please.. with RIP August on it someplace please.. if theres room...

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   Great work(a lot of it)DW and how you do it I will never understand but, we are all glad you know. Someplace on my ride I would like "RS" and me name under the office door if possible.
Thanks.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

I see some guys are mentioning numbers but not letters. Keep in mind that the serial # is fairly small on the tail, the individual letter code will be far more prominent.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Bear

_AH_DarkWolf

Has to be a single letter though, in the pictures the individual code letter is to the right of the fuselage roundel, the squadron code is to the left. The squadron codes are whats painted on each aircraft and will be on all aircraft of that squadron, the individual letter is what can be picked. Sorry, I did'nt explain that very clearly.

DW

_AH_Bear

_AH_Jack

What font do you use for the lettering?

_AH_DarkWolf

Uh, it's a couple different ones. I think the one I use mainly is RAF_WWII_851ATH, the more curvy one is RCN_80_ATH. I got them at Simmers Paintshop. I had to cut and paste apart some of the letters and re-assemble them to look right, like the G in 185's code and the MK or maybe it was just the K in 126's code cause the ones in the font were'nt quite right.

I also use RCAF_60SQO_ATH, RCAF_60O_ATH, RAF_WWII_841_ATH, RAF_WWII_641_ATH, RAF_PW_ATH, RAF_45D_851_ATH and RAF_45D_841ATH depending on what matches the real aicraft closest.

DW