Possible Next Campaign?

Started by _AH_Col._Hogan, November 29, 2015, 09:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

Don't remember, did I ever mention this would make a awesome land and sea campaign -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSp4RAlm2rc

S!

_AH_BBQhead

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Viper

_AH_Bear

If its ok.. I'd like to take a stab at making it.
~S~ Bear

_AH_DarkWolf

We had a map with Rabaul in UP, it's not in HSFX though. It was also Rabaul and New Ireland, so it was kinda Rabaul and areas west. What we'd need is Rabaul and area east so you could do stuff flying from the Solomons to Rabaul. I seem to remember the same guys who did the Solomons one were developing such a map but that was years ago, I don't know that they ever finished it.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

Are they in an easily installable format? Like a JSGME add-on?

Cause I'm not sure how much willingness there would be to get into the old method of manually editing files to add MODs.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~
  I have the offical written history of the intire Rabaul campaign including the account of Pappy Boington(sp) being shot down.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Archie

Lets get out of Malta alive first

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Jack

Downloaded the map, Jetdoc.  It looks incredible! 

_AH_Turbo

OK after u down load the Rabaul map where does one put it????
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_DarkWolf

Be careful guys, if you install this be sure to put it in a seperate copy of your game. Before AH would adopt such a mod as a whole it will need to be discussed and approved so it can be done in an orderly manner so as to avoid any disasters of a technical nature resulting in porked games.

DW

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Turbo

Good Movie of malta. This is on you tube and amizon
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_Col._Hogan

Just want to mention here to be careful guys, if you install this be sure to put it in a separate copy of your game. Before AH would adopt such a mod as a whole it will need to be discussed and approved so it can be done in an orderly manner so as to avoid any disasters of a technical nature resulting in porked games.

H.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

that map looks really good. I think it might be  well worth the trouble if it runs smoothly for everyone .

I tried installing it, but  don't remember quite enough about manually installing maps, like we used to do in the old days.. when we played by candle light... to trial and error my way through the instructions - which I think are clear enough for someone that understands more about it. but for me, I tried and pretty much ended up with my tongue stuck in the garbage disposal     :sad-056:  again.   

I think i just had a file or folder or two in the wrong place. It doesn't look complicated really.  just drop couple of folders and files into the game ( in the right places) and edit one line of text in one text file.   

I think i was halfway there. I was getting some kind of 2D error when I tried to load the map in FMB.   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   If BBQ has trouble with it then just color me go  :surprised-027: ne.

_AH_Bear

_AH_BBQhead

S~

TD, It's not that bad. It's more like trying to figure out the combination to a lock, but this lock has 3 keys and a hundred keyholes. Once somebody figures out which three holes the keys go into, it will be pretty simple for the rest of us. 

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   Like...."What's behind door #3".....Oh, look, it's a big blue screen on a pc. Lucky you.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   That did not help me at all Col.  in fact I dumped it half way through.

_AH_Bear

~S~ .. another picture of Rabaul courtesy of TD

~S~ Bear

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Col._Hogan

If we do this, one option would be to fly it with a stock 4.13.

The Rabaul map is already included, (it's beautiful by the way).

S!

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   Is the airfield at Rebaul and the mountains behind the city on the new map? That ring of mountains caused a lot of problems.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Yes it/they are, it looks very realistic.

_AH_taldrg

_AH_DarkWolf

Just noticed I had this bookmarked for some reason : http://pwencycl.kgbudge.com/R/a/Rabaul.htm

It's a good overall overview of events in Rabaul during the war.

DW