Air Sea Rescue

Started by _AH_Col._Hogan, February 15, 2016, 05:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

Sandy, do you have a read-me for that mod you sent me?

I looked online in the usual places and couldn't find any.

This could be something cool for the group if it works well and doesn't conflict with our current setup.

S!

_AH_Bear

~S~
Last night Wilder and I played abit with this... he bailed out over the water and turned on his planes nav lights button and i could see the light on the water.. landed in a PBY and taxied to him, used the "attach/detach" key to pick him up, we seen text on the screen indicating the pick up happened and Wilder reported he was in the external view of my plane, i took off and landed back home but no points were awarded.. today we will try seeing if he gains points before bailing and what will happen ..
~S~ Bear

_AH_taldrg

~S~
      WOW! That is really great. The reasson I say this is because I remember when we moved from Guadalcanal up to Bougainville is the first time I saw PBY's used for Rescue. It made all the pilots feel a little safer haveing eyes in the air and not just boats looking for a speck on the water.

It was a PBY crew that located the Jap fleet
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Turbo

The RV park I stayed in at Pensacola was the old Bronson Field PBY training base during WW2.
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_Bear

OK... Update

You do not end up automatically in the rescue ac but your life raft disappears, you can use the ShiftF2 view to that plane tho... and after pick up we landed near an aircraft carrier and managed to "drop the pilots off" and got messages saying so, this leads to 100 points per pilot, so far we managed to pick up and drop off 2 pilots and got 100 points per... as well we dropped of at a ground airbase were the plane pulled up to some wharf like objects,  not sure if theres a limit to how many in one shot or not and this works on both red and blue sides using there own axis/allied ac available.. the plane doing the picking up must have a gunner seat i think as the Ruff would not pick up a pilot being a single seater ac i believe. As well the bailed out and picked up pilots maintain there accrued points but this ONLY works in friendly territory and you are not able to pick up enemy pilots, AI or human.
Next we will be trying this on land...
We may want to have more people to try this out on a larger scale.. i could see be benefit in using this for damaged ac coming back to land on carriers... and who knows.. maybe that Jeep in the game can be used.. hahhaha
So far we been using only in coops but we will explore df as well.. in coops someone would have to fly the pick up plane the whole time... but can get some good points if things work out right for him.. lol...
~S~ Bear

Get it here, Unzip and put the folder called AirCrewRescue(Beta3) in your JSGME folder then activate it in your JSGME

https://app.box.com/s/ngcfk9lbhxhrsrzj1fkd9oq643cfit5j

_AH_Viper

So there's another mod? Are we going to try it out? Didn't see where to get it. :thinking-008:

_AH_Bear

Look up Vip.. i just updated that message..

_AH_Lippy

Another thing Bear and Wilder may or Twenty may confirm this i was picked up and clicked refly right after pick up and twenty still received full credit. So you may want to test this out some more it would be nice not to wait till drop off to refly. Just a thought

_AH_Sandhog

When you pick up a downed pilot you have to drop him off at a seaplane base. Points will be awarded when you return him to the seaplane base or a surfaced sub or a carrier.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds
forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of $h1t by the clean end."

_AH_Sandhog

This is the Documentation for the Mod!

Fireball's Air/Sea Aircrew Rescue

In a stock multi-player mission, if you lose your engine, or get damaged, or run out of gas, you just try to ditch or bailout somewhere outside of enemy territory. Once you're on the ground or in the water you lay there on the ground or float there in the water for about 30 seconds, then you disappear and you're done. Everyone else on your team presses on home, because there's nothing anyone can do for you. There's really no incentive for you to try to ditch or bailout near a rescue submarine, or near a reference point so rescuers will have an easier time locating you. There's no incentive for your wingman to stay with you as long as possible to protect you and mark your location. No rescue aircraft comes looking for you. None of the things that happened in real life to try to get you home really apply in the game.

This mod gives you two ways to get rescued:

- If you successfully ditch or bailout within 1000 meters of a friendly airfield or a friendly ship (including submarines), once you're down you can press your Attach/Detach key, then you and all of your crewmen will disappear and the game will log that you have been successfully rescued. Until you press your Attach/Detach key you will lay there on the ground or float in the water indefinitely.

- If you successfully ditch or bailout in the water more than 1000 meters from a a friendly ship or friendly airbase, instead of disappearing after 30 seconds you and your crewmen continue to float there in the water (unless you disconnect of course). One of your team mates can come searching for you in a seaplane. If the seaplane locates you, he'll land nearby, approach to within 100 meters, then press his Attach/Detach key. If he's close enough and slow enough, you will disappear at that point, and the game will log that you've been picked up. Your team mate will fly the seaplane back to any friendly ship and land nearby. He'll approach to within 1000 meters of any ship, then press his Attach/Detach key. This will "unload" all the rescued airmen on board. The game will log that you have been successfully rescued.

[NOTE: All the descriptions of a seaplane rescue in the water would also apply to rescuing airmen downed on land if you can get a rescue aircraft of some sort within 100 meters of them to pick them up, then successfully get them back to a friendly base. For example if someone bails out over an airfield, you could send in a TBM-3 to get them.]

============================================================

Some details:

- Some aspects of the mod can be used in a single-player mission if you set things up right, but it really is designed for multi-player.

- Everyone in the mission, including the server, needs to have the mod activated to ensure that everyone is seeing the same thing.

- The seaplane can also rescue any AI airmen in the water with you. AI airmen that are part of your crew will float indefinitely in the water with you.

- The seaplane can make multiple pick-up and unload runs as necessary.

- A rescue aircraft is limited in how many airmen it can pick-up before unloading them to a ship. The limit is one less than the number of crewman in the aircraft. For example, the 7-man PBY-5 can pick-up 6 downed airmen, the 2-man Ar 196 can pick-up 1 airman, and the 1-man A6M2-N cannot pick up any. Each person picked up adds 90 kg (approx 200 lbs) to the aircraft's weight while they're on board.

- To pick-up an airman in the water the seaplane must be within 100 meters and moving less than 10 meters/sec (approx 19 knots or 36 kmh). To unload rescued airmen on a ship, the seaplane must be within 1000 meters and moving less than 20 meters/sec (approx 38 knots or 72 kmh). To be successfully rescued without a seaplane coming to get you, you must ditch or bailout within 1000 meters of a friendly ship or airbase.

- The seaplane pilot gets 100 points for each airman rescued. The points aren't awarded until the airmen on board are successfully transferred to a ship.

- In the stock game a player who succesfully bails out or ditches loses 50 percent of his points. With this mod, if the player is picked up by a seaplane or is rescued after ditching or bailing out, he will only lose 10 percent of his points.

- After a player is picked up by a seaplane he can refly or disconnect without affecting the seaplane pilot's score or the event logging. He does not have to wait for the seaplane to fly back to the ship.

- When you're on the ground or in the water awaiting rescue you can toggle on/off a signal mirror (or signal light at night) by pressing your Nav Lights key. In a single-player mission, the signal mirror/light will automatically turn on for AI pilots (not crewmen) on the ground or in the water after bailing out or ditching.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds
forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of $h1t by the clean end."

_AH_Bear

Awesome... good to know... Thanks Sandy

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Bear

Ill build a mission to test .. we have been testing for a few days now... could be fun..
~S~ Bear

_AH_Doc

This would be fantastic!

_AH_Col._Hogan

I agree Doc, and the PBY has a crew toilet!

_AH_Gator

and a bar in it to Hogan sir :drinking-29: :drinking-29: :drinking-42: