VP Modpack

Started by _AH_Gunfighter, May 21, 2016, 12:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Gunfighter

My first post.....eeeeeeek!!!!!

I talked to Lippy a little and sent him some screenies, and a link. The Skipper asked me to put up a post. This had also been brought up two weeks ago in the meeting, but it really didn't seem like there had been any conclusion as far as an official testing of sorts. So........

It would be really neato if I could get 3 pilots to download and install this mod and test it with me. There are also three standalone mods to put in with it that are pretty trick: F8F Bearcat, F7F Tigercat, and the SB2C Helldiver. I have been covertly writing a fakey Rabaul assault campaign showcasing the Navy's "new weapons" vs the Empire's best and boldest. Also included in the cmapaign is another A/C showcased in the mod: A-26 Invader. All of this is on a mod map....yep, you guessed it: Rabaul.........you guys are so good at this!!!

Anyways, the links for the downloads are posted. Here's what you need to start: a farm fresh copy of 4.12.2m......and nothing else. This is a big install, 14 files worth 700mb each plus to small patches. But installation is a cinch, you put them all in a folder on your desktop, then unzip/unpack the first one into your new game folder copied form your clean 4.12.2m...call it "IL2 1946 VP Mods" or some crap. The files include every thing you need to run it, and it's based on some good mods and the SAS Modact 5.3. DON'T BE INTIMIDATED!!! It's no more difficult to deal with htan your HSFX install was. There will also be a new JSGME, so all of the JSGME mods that you know and love can work too, you just have to go find the downloads in SAS and get them for Modact 5.3 instead of HSFX. No biggie.

The results:

You can probably tell I am totally queer for the F7F.......it's the finest plane I've ever flown on here. Volunteers, hit me up, I can help and we can get started.

~S

The link:

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,50919.msg560947.html#msg560947

_AH_Col._Hogan

Nice post Gunfighter

Was lucky to be there a few weeks ago.

I could feel 4000 horsepower coming up through the tarmac and into my boots -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD8XgX_qXkM

S!

_AH_Col._Hogan

Just a reminder, this will be a stand alone game. Please don't pork your HSFX game.

TD, please disregard this thread.

S!

_AH_fraggmann

Im interested as well. I have all the down loads and tried to install them.
The Mega patch went well but the VP Media files are not opening.
The first one opens but stops at the end and does not continue on as designed.
At this point I cannot unzip/open any further zipfiles. I need to get on comms with some one.
I think it has something to do with the extraction method...help!
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_kawilder

Somewhere in the next few days I will try to start downloading the files and check this out.

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_fraggmann on May 23, 2016, 09:00:37 AM
Im interested as well. I have all the down loads and tried to install them.
The Mega patch went well but the VP Media files are not opening.
The first one opens but stops at the end and does not continue on as designed.
At this point I cannot unzip/open any further zipfiles. I need to get on comms with some one.
I think it has something to do with the extraction method...help!

the 1st ones the exe.. the rest unpack as needed???

_AH_Bear

ok... im on the same boat as Fragg... mega patch no problem... its the vp_modpack.7z.003 that is in a different format and cant be opened?? I have the 2 zipped patches i think go in after the vp_modpack.7z.003 the .003 on the end is just the one i grabbed out of the list of many..

ok.. im thinking we have to dl all 16 parts maybe eh??

_AH_fraggmann

Hey Bear..the VP files are said to be self extracting like
the Mega files ..open the first one and the rest follow.
I put all the VP files into one folder on my desk top.
I open the folder and the file icons look funny. I got
the icon with the top right corner folded over and no picture in the center.
Usually you can see the 7z icon or the three book pile, mine are empty,
no icon in the middle at all. :unhappy-059: Isn"t that usually a text or word document icon??

_AH_kawilder

Yes put all 16 in same folder and use 7-zip to unzip the first one and rest will unzip automatically if I remember right. Odds are they had a size limit on file size so the broke it up in multiple parts when they zipped it.

_AH_Bear

i think thats what Fragg got too... what do i do to use it?? i dont see unzip as an option?

_AH_fraggmann

I have tried 7z and WinRAR to unzip them and it dont like either one :thinking-008:

Yep,mine look like that too Bear

_AH_Bear

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

i got that and its doing something... lol ..extract to your game folder i guess :surprised-041:

_AH_fraggmann

I got that too..but which one ..I picked the x86 32bit didnt work ..
then tried x86 64 bit this didnt work either..Which one?? :thinking-008:
Im this far from giving up..

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_fraggmann on May 23, 2016, 10:39:19 PM
I got that too..but which one ..I picked the x86 32bit didnt work ..
then tried x86 64 bit this didnt work either..Which one?? :thinking-008:
Im this far from giving up..
whats your rig?? mines 64 bit

_AH_fraggmann

I can open and install the content of the first file into a temp. folder, and thats it.
Once the install to the temp. folder is complete all stops and does not continue
to install the second folder. When I try to open the second folder I get a window
pop up that says "cannot open file as archive".
Im using 7z file manager. Am I doing something wrong?   :thinking-008:
I get the same results using WinRaR