VP Modpack

Started by _AH_Gunfighter, May 21, 2016, 12:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Bear

Seems so complex.. Im not sure what your meaning is where you have said theres an update every 3 months? Also seems like theres alot of add ons already.. why is the game so incomplete like this?? Is there things in the installed game that you have to activate?? and if so why.. maybe im not reading this all correctly.. but it seems like alot of work.... and ongoing work.. the game we use now we have used for what .. over a year now without an update?? Seems to work good to me already .. not sure if this is something as a group we need.. but it may be fun to play with.. that is... if we all have the same everything in it as the next guy or there could be issues???
Again.. maybe im overseeing something or missreading.. your hard to follow sometimes..

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Bear on June 14, 2016, 10:34:57 PM
The map VP does'nt have is Channel 1942-45 vers. Dieppe (Can)(Cat).

This is the Map im using for the campaign im building..

Unless you are doing something specifically with the Dieppe area, you should be able to use any other Cannon's Channel 42-45 map.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Bear

Kinda yea... im about 10 or so mission into it now on the same map.. wouldnt see ok to change now?

_AH_DarkWolf

That map is in your own list despite the differences from mine, so you should already have the information.

The all.ini entry for it is :

1942_1945_Channel CAN_EnglishChannel/1943load.ini

It shows as this in the maps.properties file :

1942_1945_Channel           Channel 1942-45 vers. Dieppe (Can)(Cat)

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Bear

lol.. neverending.. why isnt it all together from the start?? are we getting this too early?

_AH_fraggmann

Nice screenies...How about these from days gone by....

At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_Bear

_AH_fraggmann

So kool..fraggmann lives in Winnipeg...do your magic Mr.Wolfe

_AH_fraggmann

Quote from: _AH_Jetdoc on June 19, 2016, 08:36:18 PM
The updated #SAS file is now ready for down load just remove and replace with the new file.  :drinking-43:

I dont see a link anywhere??
Would it not be simpler to add the new stuff to the existing SAS file
as opposed to deleting the entire SAS folder and replacing it ??

_AH_fraggmann

Wolfe..look in the top right corner for "Download"
8.8 Gig file half an hour to D/L WHY???
just post the new stuff and add it to the SAS folder
How difficult could that be..... :unhappy-059:

_AH_fraggmann

Hey you're the one that is trying to introduce this version
it only seems fitting you see it through. The people helping you
test this version know their way around their game and know what to do
for assorted installs. That SAS file is over 27 Gigs. There is no need to move
this file ,only add to it. I'll tell you now Im not swapping out SAS folders.
It took 35min. to download it from Drop box then 44 min. to unwrap it then
an hour to install the new SAS folder to my game...not going to happen.
If you could please post the new additions to the SAS folder. This is a faster more efficient
way to do it. You are making it more difficult than it needs to be.

_AH_Bear

I think... Jetdoc needs to learn how to make a torrent work... i dont know myself how to but i know someone who does..hahhaa... at least that would make the downloads faster...  :happy-112:

_AH_BBQhead

S~

The larger download is great for those who aren't comfortable manually editing files.  I know it takes a long time to upload and download, but I think it's needed for some of the guys that want to try it out.

But what about two uploads?  one big one for easy update mode, and another with just the new bits for the guys that would rather install manually and not wait  for the big DL?

I'm thinking the smaller zip file with just the new bits would be quick enough to upload to not be too much of a bother, and having a  choice of ease of installation with a long DL, or quick DL manual install would keep everyone that's interested on board. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Col._Hogan

I've been watching VP mod videos. The ear and eye candy seems awesome. This one has birds and Horses to shoot at, (don't shoot the horses).

I really like the external view, it doesn't feel like the camera is attached to the plane. -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpDCoffywRE

This is the link to his channel. -

https://www.youtube.com/user/darko1971/videos?sort=dd&view=0&flow=list&live_view=500

S!

_AH_fraggmann

I put them in also...now what??