Bears Campaign Mission 3

Started by _AH_Bear, September 15, 2016, 11:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Jack

I can lead a flight of Hellcats to the flak.

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_Shrtaprch on September 16, 2016, 02:56:39 PM
Looks like the Mosquito B MkXVI, 1944  doesn't have guns....plexi front.  Any chance of maybe the FB MK VI  or XVIII 943?

Thanks for pointing that out, in fact, ill be the 1st to admit i dont know all the ac in the game, like the Spit last game, if you know a better variant of an ac i chose please give input.

_AH_Archie

The P63 is not such a great fighter.  I would suggest you replace it with the F35

If you need more ideas feel free to ask

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Lippy

F6F for me and hopefully I have resolved my modem snaffue.

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_Archie on September 17, 2016, 12:44:46 AM
The P63 is not such a great fighter.  I would suggest you replace it with the F35

If you need more ideas feel free to ask

Arch

I didnt know your name was Dick!

_AH_gatlingun

_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Titan on September 17, 2016, 04:45:13 AM
I'll take an Avenger as I had P51 modeling problems last mission.

Hmm, what kind of modeling problems? Flight modeling? 3D modeling?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Hollywood

QuoteHmm, what kind of modeling problems? Flight modeling? 3D modeling? - DW

DW,

Titan and I are suffering from the same issue. After a bit of research, it would appear that the map currently being used in the Bear's Super Fantastic with no Restarts Campaign requires more memory that other maps.

It has something to do with the error message you get in mission builder : Mesh3do/humans/paratroopers/russian/mono.sim not created
There are few suggestions to fix the issue, and Kawilder had some additional input to free up more virtual memory but in a sense the result is that the cockpit for the P-51, P-47 and Spitfire don't show guages, simply white boxes and skins are completely white with no detail. The gun sight in non-op as well.

I have had some success in lowering the graphics settings and there are some conf settings you can lower in texturing to help, etc...

It is weird as this is the only map that I have problems with. I am using a copy of Jack's game as well.

Hopefully, with the lower graphic settings in game, larger virtual memory setting and stock skins (no downloads) we can get through this.

I am running 8 GB of RAM and a 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series video card.

It would be interesting to see if Titan has issues in the Avenger.

Wood

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_DarkWolf

Huh, it is a large map but I did'nt think that could be a problem with modern rigs.

Another thing that might help is backing off the LandGeom= setting in your config.ini. Try it back at 2 if its set to 3.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Jack

I tried to upload a document that explains what all settings in the config.ini do, but apparently, the uploads folder is full.  I will email it out to Hollywood and Titan today.   Hope it's helpful.

_AH_Hollywood

QuoteAnother thing that might help is backing off the LandGeom= setting in your config.ini. Try it back at 2 if its set to 3.  - DW

I tried to upload a document that explains what all settings in the config.ini do, but apparently, the uploads folder is full.  I will email it out to Hollywood and Titan today.  - Jack

Bless you guys! 

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Shrtaprch

Looks like I am out....  Duty calls.  If anyone is in LAX Tuesday afternoon...get in touch!

Free Mosi...

shrt

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Jack on September 18, 2016, 01:18:53 PM
I tried to upload a document that explains what all settings in the config.ini do, but apparently, the uploads folder is full.  I will email it out to Hollywood and Titan today.   Hope it's helpful.

Our uploads section is full? Hmm, sounds like we are overdue for a culling.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Bear on September 15, 2016, 11:52:34 PM
4- P-51D 30NA, 1944

Just to confirm, we've switching from the -20NA to the -30NA? Or is this a typo?

DW