Max settings?

Started by _AH_Col._Hogan, September 18, 2016, 06:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

What are the max available values for the following settings?

HardwareShaders=1

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2
Forest=2
LandShading=3
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=3
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=17
Water=4
Effects=1
ForceShaders1x=0
PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.15
PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0

_AH_DarkWolf

I think you are already there with the exception of Forest= which can be set to 3.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

Oops, I lied, Effects= can also go up to 2.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

Having said that, Effects=2 is not recommended as it can be buggy.

DW

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Nimble

Now thats a nice little buggy :surprised-027:

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   Can't drive to Wal-mart in it.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

We were talking the other day about the Forest= setting. Setting it to 3 makes the trees look better, more rounded and they are animated so they appear to sway in the wind.

This is Forest=2

This is Forest=3

Normally with these settings the higher you go, the more of a framerate hit you take. But strangely enough I've actually found slightly better performance with the higher forest setting, particularly on maps like those Slovakia ones which sometimes get a little nasty on the frames. Anyways, its something to try and see if it benefits you or not.

As usual make sure you edit the Forest= entry in the proper area of the conf.ini, DirectX or OpenGL, depending on what you are using.

DW

_AH_Lippy

_AH_Gator

S! Guys hey DW what size video card I have a 8500 GT and it set on 3 and it don't look like that :drinking-29:

_AH_DarkWolf

Are you sure you are setting Forest=3 in the right section? The setting is in the both the [Render_DirectX] and [Render_OpenGL]. Try setting it to 3 in both sections and see if it makes a difference.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

About the Forest= setting we were discussing above, we had some guys blowing up for no reason in the new campaign warmup room I made and after some trial and error I've found there are trees in those spots. On the Westfront 1944 and Westfront Winter 1944 maps some trees that are solid objects won't show up with the Forest=3 setting but they are there with Forest=2. Though the Westfront generics will display trees properly in these locations with Forest=3.

So, just something to consider. In case the issue is present in any other maps I went back to Forest=2 myself, just to make sure I can see everything.

DW

_AH_Nimble

I set mine for forest = 2 plus one birds nest
:lol

_AH_Hollywood

S! AH,

So I finally stepped up and got a new rig. 
Hello Windows 10 :help-sos-sos-29402:

Saying bye bye to my Radeon and DirectX for the past 6 years.

Hello Nvidia, OpenGL, perfect water and a 6GB video card

Safe to assume that the above thread config file will apply to me as well?

Forest 2 or 3 still a topic of discussion. 

Wood

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Bear