How to: Run more than one Ventrilo

Started by _AH_BBQhead, January 10, 2017, 07:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BBQhead

S~

How to run ore than one Ventrilo on Windows10:

1.  Click on the Windows Logo nad scroll down to Ventrilo and click on it to open the Ventrilo drop down menu.
2.  Right click on the Ventrilo Icon in the drop down and with your mouse hover over "More" then click on "Open File Location".
3. In the window that just opened, Right click on Ventrilo, then click properties. 
4. On the "Target" line of the properties window you should be seeing something like: "C:\Program Files\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe"   
     You want to edit that line by adding  " -m" (space)(dash)m without the quotes,   so it looks like this: "C:\Program Files\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe" -m 
5. Click "Apply" then "OK".

Now the properties window should be gone and you're looking at the Ventrilo shortcut file. Right Click and scroll down to "Send To". In teh "Send To" menu click on "Desktop (Create Shortcut).
  That should place a shortcut on your desktop that you cn use to launch ventrilo - as many as you want.

I wasn't able to get it to work with the bar at the bottom,not that it tried real hard. Desktop short cut is fine by me.   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.