Solomon Campaign Briefs

Started by AH_DealnDave, March 29, 2017, 11:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH_DealnDave

Good turn-out for mission - 40, we had 16 pilots altogether !!!  Here is the next briefing to be flown on Tuesday - February 20th.

"Solomon Islands Campaign"
Mission - 41 - Battle of Cape St. George
Date: November 25th, 1943

After Action Report:

Excellent job hitting the enemy airstrips and sea-plane bases on Buka.  Those bases are now non -operational. The Sea-Bee's continue to improve our area as well. Our base here at Torikina is now fully operational and both Piva and Uncle airstrips will be fully operational in a very few days.

Intelligence:

Good Morning Gentlemen...

We are receiving reports that the enemy is planning to pull all of their avaition personnel out of the Buka area. We've had a submarine tracking a enemy naval convoy to Buka. It appears they have been loading aircraft equipment and troops and are now steaming for Rabaul. The convoy consists of three enemy destroyers and four Maru type transport ships.

Adm. Halsey has dispatched another destroyer group early this morning (02:00 hrs) to locate and destroy the enemy ships. Our last submarine report had the enemy ships steaming on a course heading of 280 degrees, speed 20 knots, starting in grid AE-56 on your map.

The Mission:

Our group has been tasked with assisting Halsey's destroyer group in attacking and destroying the enemy naval convoy.

TBF's - will arm with torpedo's and attack the enemy convoy.  Locate the convoy in grids AE-56, flying northwest to grid AB-57.

F4U's - will cover the attack aircraft to grid AE-56, then provide a CAP in grid AD-57, this is in case any enemy aircraft approach from Rabaul.

NOTAM's:

*All pilots to use same comms channel
*All aircraft are "zero" fuel

TBF's (1st Squad, seats 17-40)

F4U's (2nd Squad, seats 1-8)
F4U's (3rd Squad, seats 9-16)
F4U's (Spare's, HQ & Guests, seats 41-44)

Good Luck ...
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_DarkWolf

Excellent, another chance for me to totally flub a torpedo run.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on February 15, 2018, 09:27:52 PM
Excellent, another chance for me to totally flub a torpedo run.

Fugger nutter.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

AH_DealnDave

Good turn-out for mission - 41, we had 16 pilots altogether !!!  Here is the "FINAL MISSION" briefing to be flown on Tuesday - February 27th.

"Solomon Islands Campaign"
Mission - 42 - Campaign "FINAL" Mission
Date: November 30th, 1943

After Action Report:

Excellent job hitting the enemy naval convoy.  Halsey's destroyer group sunk one enemy destroyer and our group sunk three Maru transport ships and another destroyer.

THANK YOU ... to everyone who participated in this campaign !!!  I hope you all enjoyed being a part of this as much as I enjoyed building it.  :)

Intelligence:

Good Morning Gentlemen ...

Congratulations everyone ... The Solomon Islands Chain is now officially in allied control !!!   "Well Done All !!!" ... Adm. Halsey

The Marines continue to take the fight to the enemy here on Bouganville. With any luck the island will be secure within a couple of months. We now have air and naval superiority through-out island chain.

The Mission:

SCRAMBLE ... SCRAMBLE ... SCRAMBLE  !!!!

Enemy aircraft on radar approaching from the north-west !!!!

NOTAM's:

*All aircraft are "zero" fuel at this time

F4U's (1st Squad, seats 1-8)
F4U's (2nd Squad, seats 9-16)
F4U's (3rd Squad, seats 17-24)
F4U's (Spare's, HQ & Guests, seats 25-28)

Good Luck ...
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Hollywood

Can someone make a track of tonight's mission?

Wood
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Jack

I sent you a link to my recorded track.  If you didn't get it, let me know & I'll try again.

_AH_Hollywood

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Jack

I tried it again.  I'll also try to share via MS Cloud

_AH_Col._Hogan

Awesome campaign DD, really well done!

S!

_AH_Bear

Great job Dave... although i didnt survive much i had fun watching everyone else.. hahha

_AH_fraggmann

At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

AH_DealnDave

Good turn-out for mission - 42, we had 16 pilots altogether !!!  Here is the briefing to be flown on Tuesday - March 6th.

THANKS ..... to all of you that participated in this campaign !!!  I hope you enjoyed flying , as much as,  I enjoyed building it.     :) 

And now without further a-do ...

Welcome to the "Solomon Islands Campaign Ceremony"

Select your aircraft ... THIS IS AN AIR-START

HQ - The three forward parking areas (red banners)

1st Squad - 1st row (white banners)

2nd Squad - 2nd row (white banners)

3rd Squad - 3rd row (white banners)

Guests - 4th row (red banners)

We will commence the ceremony at 21:15 EST, giving all pilots a chance to land and park.

An HQ representative will bring the ceremony to order.

AH_DealnDave will announce the awards to the group.

After the awards presentation, open forum for anyone who would like to add their comments to the ceremony.

After all have been heard an HQ representative will close the ceremony.

Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

Updated ... pls see above  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

This will be the campaign ribbon for the Solomon Island Campaign.

The Asiatic–Pacific Campaign Medal was first issued as a service ribbon in 1942

Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Jack