Solomon Campaign Briefs

Started by AH_DealnDave, March 29, 2017, 11:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

Awesome brief as always DD, enjoy your vaca.

S!

AH_DealnDave

Thanks  :)

Was wondering if anyone would be up for flying the next campaign mission on Monday, August 21st?  If so, I can get in one more mission before I'm gone.   :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Bear

Quote from: AH_DealnDave on August 18, 2017, 02:08:18 AM
Thanks  :)

Was wondering if anyone would be up for flying the next campaign mission on Monday, August 21st?  If so, I can get in one more mission before I'm gone.   :)

I vote.. hell yea!!

_AH_Col._Hogan

Absolutely.

Group -

The next DD campaign mission will be flown on 21 AUGUST 2017 17:50 PST.

~S

_AH_DarkWolf

So it looks like for Mission 19 we are carrier based again. Last time we launched from carriers in this campaign it was kind of a cluster with multiple restarts, so lets do our best to get our stuff together beforehand.

Dave says we're on Enterprise and Lexington. Enterprise has no catapult, so we know its gonna be deck runs from her. I'm confused on the Lexington though, CV-2 was sunk by this point and CV-16 did'nt see combat until later in 43. I assume you just needed a second carrier to fit us all on, so will it be CV-2 or an Essex, Dave?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on August 18, 2017, 08:39:56 PM
So it looks like for Mission 19 we are carrier based again. Last time we launched from carriers in this campaign it was kind of a cluster with multiple restarts, so lets do our best to get our stuff together beforehand.

Dave says we're on Enterprise and Lexington. Enterprise has no catapult, so we know its gonna be deck runs from her. I'm confused on the Lexington though, CV-2 was sunk by this point and CV-16 did'nt see combat until later in 43. I assume you just needed a second carrier to fit us all on, so will it be CV-2 or an Essex, Dave?

DW
S~ All ...

DW is correct, I updated the mission to reflect the USS Enterprise (VT-6), the USS Essex (VB-9), and added the USS Independence (CVL) (VF-21). I did this to separate the squads for take off/landing, also to reduce the time needed to get in the air safely. All three carriers are close, well within visual range, so the group should be able to easily rendezvous before heading to the target area.

The updated mission has been sent to Jack.  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Jack

Monday, the 21st is good for me.

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: AH_DealnDave on August 18, 2017, 09:56:15 PM
I updated the mission to reflect the USS Enterprise (VT-6), the USS Essex (VB-9), and added the USS Independence (CVL) (VF-21).

Ok then, I see you specified who is taking off from what too. Thats good info.

So 1st Squadron is off the Essex. Thats the type we're most familiar with, it has a catapult on both the right and left at the bow.

2nd Squadron is on the Enterprise, as said above there are no catapults on CV-6 so you'll have to make deck runs.

3rd is flying from a CVL (which is just a stretched franken-ship based on the CVE in this game) which has one catapult on the left. This type of carrier we have not operated from very much. For some reason the game spots the aircraft really far forward on the flight deck which may require a somewhat hard left turn for the guys spawning up front on the right side.

So lets all keep these things in mind and I'd suggest the squadron leaders make sure your guys are clear on what your group is gonna be dealing with on takeoff. I'll add an Essex and CVL to the warmup room too.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Lippy

If I may 2nd ad 3rd squads seem to be doing all of the caping I am a dog fighter and would like a fighter mission. If not I request a transfer back to third squad.  :happy-112:

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Lippy on August 19, 2017, 01:17:51 AM
2nd ad 3rd squads seem to be doing all of the caping

So far it looks like this, including #19 :

Squadron            Fighter Assignments             Bomber Assignments

1st                                 10                                          9
2nd                                12                                          7
3rd                                 12                                         7

Seems close enough. Everyone is getting a taste of the air to air and air to ground.

DW

AH_DealnDave

S~ All ...

I've tried my best to spread out the missions and the aircraft types evenly throughout the campaign for the three squads.  As for the coming mission, the CVL carrier will be used for launching the fighters, however, when returning the fighters could land on one of the larger carriers ... just a thought.   :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Gator

S! Dave.. you doing a Great job sir :cool:

_AH_DarkWolf

Landing is less of a concern. If we have a cluster on landing, thats not great but its mainly in getting the mission going that we want to make sure everyone is clear on. I'll host the practice room an hour before the FnF tonight. I added the three carriers down near the airspawns so guys can practice some if they want.

Quote from: AH_DealnDave on August 20, 2017, 06:43:14 PM
however, when returning the fighters could land on one of the larger carriers

Oh, yeah, sure they could, if they have no balls. Cause if they had balls they would land on their assigned CVL. Does 3rd Squadron have balls? I can't remember if they have balls...

DW

_AH__SKATtrash

I guess DW can't remember since we blocked up the hole in the Third's shower wall.   

_AH_Twenty

Hole in the wall? say what!!!