Solomon Campaign Briefs

Started by AH_DealnDave, March 29, 2017, 11:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

And once again SKAT expresses his desire to fill my holes. We get it SKAT, you are gay. We accept you the way you are, no need to butt into every conversation to declare it.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: AH_DealnDave on August 16, 2017, 08:09:46 AM
Great turn-out for mission - 18, we had 21 pilots altogether !!!  Here is the next briefing to be flown on Monday - August 21st.

"Solomon Islands Campaign"
Mission - 19
Date: February 28th, 1943

After Action Review:

Well done !!! ... The CACTUS group covered our marine landing forces over the Russell Islands very well.  The Sea-Bee's have been very busy and we now have two operational airstrips in which to work from.  However, for this next operation, the group is being deployed to the carriers USS Enterprise, USS Essex, and the USS Independence.

Intelligence:

The Japanese have, or are in the process of, constructing three airfields in the New Georgia Island area. These enemy airfields are located at Segi Point (this one maybe operational), Munda, and Vila on Kolombongara. Supporting these new airfield constructions is a large fuel depot located within Lola Lagoon (grid BG-23) on the island of Kolombongara.

This fuel dump needs to be neutralized. The carriers, Enterprise and Lexington, are deploying strike aircraft to destroy this fuel dump.  AAA is to be expected at the fuel dump.  Also, we have received reports that there are enemy fuel ships in the harbor awaiting off-loading.  Guarding the entrance to the lagoon in the harbor is an enemy destroyer.

Enemy aircraft are on constant patrol in this area.

The Mission:

Good morning Gentlemen (10:00 hrs) ... We are going to hit the enemy fuel depot and shipping in this area.

TBF's - will arm with torpedoes and destroy the enemy ships.

SBD's - will arm with bombs and attack the fuel depot.

F4F's - will provide CAP for the strike aircraft.

NOTAM's:

SBD's VB-9 (1st Squad, seats 1-8, 41-48) USS Essex - use "blue" comms
TBF's VT-6 (2nd Squad, seats 9-32) USS Enterprise - use "red" comms
F4F's VF-21 (3rd Squad, seats 33-40) USS Independence - use main channel
SBD's (Spare's, HQ & Guests, seats 49-56) - use "blue" comms, AIR-START, zero fuel at this time

Good Luck ...

*All ... I'll be leaving for vacation Tuesday, August 22nd and I'm back home on Sept 5th. I've reviewed missions 19, 20, & 21, updated them, and have sent them to Jack, so the Squadron can fly the campaign while I'm off drinking beer and soaking up the sun on the East Coast.  :)

Here's a review of tonight's campaign mission ... enjoy !!!
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Nimble

Maybe my eyes are going bad.. but Mr Magoo here did not see any brief mention of 3rd squad or what we will be tasked with??????? what s up with that ????
Ok Ok.. after reading down about 10  posts I did see DWs post of the CV2  and a brief mention  that 3rd squad will  fly fighters for cap... dang.. u guys strain my poor eyeballs.... not to mention that 3rd squad has to use a D size bra to support our very large BALLS.... :happy-112:

AH_DealnDave

Good turn-out for mission - 19, we had 19 pilots altogether !!!  Here is the next briefing to be flown on Tuesday - August 29th.

Mission - 20
Date: March 6th, 1943

After Action Review:

Nice job hitting the enemy ships and fuel depot.  The group sank all the enemy ships. The group destroyed the fuel depot such that, it is no longer a viable fueling facility. The group also destroyed 12 enemy aircraft in the air.

The group is being re-deployed back to the Russell Islands for the next mission.

Intelligence:

Welcome back to the Russell Islands ...

Enemy air activity looks to be increasing throughout the Solomon Island chain.  The Japanese are now well aware of our new base here in the Russell's.  Enemy aircraft are on constant patrol in this area.

The Mission:

Scramble ... Scramble ... Scramble ...

Radar has picked up, two - three separate groups, of enemy aircraft approaching our position here in the Russell's. The enemy planes are approaching from the north-west. Intercept enemy planes in grid CA-13.

P-38's hit the enemy bombers.
F4F's take care of the enemy fighters.

NOTAM's:

* All pilots to remain on same comms channel.

P-38's (1st Squad, seats 1-8)
F4F's (2nd Squad, seats 9-16)
F4F's (3rd Squad, seats 17-24)
P-38's (Spare's, HQ & Guests, seats 25-28) - AIR-START, zero fuel at this time

Good Luck ...

Found some time to post the next mission before leaving for vacation.  Enjoy the mission.   

2nd Squad ... Give E'm Hell  !!!    :)   
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Bear

There ya go Lippy... we got P38s and are goinna dogfight buddy!!!   :drinking-43:

_AH_Lippy

See bitchin pays off yeee haaaa

_AH_Jack

Mission 21 Briefing.

After the last air attack, the enemy is stepping up their air operations.  We can expect more of the same in the coming days.

Our reports indicate that they are trying to draw our fighters away from our position here in the Russell's.  So, instead of waiting for them, we will try and reverse the table and draw their fighters up to us.

We know that they have a submarine operating between New Georiga and the Russell's. This sub has been sending communications to their fighter bases located in the New Georiga area about our air operations.

So, we are going to try and lay a trap for them, drawing as many enemy aircraft up to us as possible.

The Mission:

We are going to launch two seperate fighter sweeps hoping to draw the enemy fighters up.

P-38's (67th) - will patrol grids BZ-16 through BY-17. Engage and destroy any enemy aircraft you encounter.

F4U's (VMF-213) - will patrol grids BY-15 through BX-16. Engage and destroy any enemy aircraft you encounter.

NOTAM's:

Stay on way point, we are trying to get the enemy to react to our operations instead of the other way around.

F4U's (1st Squad, seats 9-16) - use "blue" comms

P-38's (2nd Squad, seats 1-8) - use "red" comms

F4U's (3rd Squad, seats 10-24) - Section #3 - use main channel

P-38's (Spare's, HQ & Guests, seats 25-28) - use "red" comms, AIR-START, zero fuel at this time

Sorry, no map.  My game doesn't take screen shots.

_AH_Nimble

_AH_Jack

I only cut & pasted from Dave's mission.  DW will post a screenshot of the map, because he's a nice guy.

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Jack on September 03, 2017, 10:56:49 PM
DW will post a screenshot of the map, because he's a nice guy.

I am not, screw you Jack!

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

!?

DW, Jack is a nice boy. He always helps us out.

I am very disappointed with you right now,

_AH_z5o

HEY HEY HEY!! DONT make me pull this simulation over. You want like it if I do.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on September 05, 2017, 04:59:44 AM
!?

DW, Jack is a nice boy. He always helps us out.

I am very disappointed with you right now,

Huh? The issue of Jack's niceness was never brought up.

He said *I* was nice, which is a filthy lie.

DW

AH_DealnDave

Hello All S~ ... I'm back from our fun and lengthy vacation, but I'm now ready to get back in the air !!!  It looks like the missions flown during my absence were fun for the Squadron.  :)  So, here's the brief for the next mission.

Great turn-out for mission - 21, there were 21 pilots altogether !!!  Here is the brief for the next mission to be flown on Tuesday - September 12th.

Mission - 22
Date: April 7th, 1943

After Action Report:

Nice work hitting those enemy fighters.  They lost over 40 aircraft !!! The group has been deployed back to Guadalcanal for the next operation as the VMF-214 - "Swashbuckler's".

Intelligence:

Our submarine, the USS Gato, has reported numerous enemy bombers and fighters enroute to our naval repair facility within Tulagi harbor, grid CH-12. The enemy strength was reported to be 40+ aircraft. The enemy planes are approaching from the northern - west end of Florida Island.

The Mission:

We are launching our fighters from all "six" airstrips here at the Henderson Complex. "All" planes will rendezvous in grid CN-10, and then proceed to Tulagi harbor, grid CN-12. Engage and destroy any enemy aircraft encountered.

NOTAM's:

All pilots to use same comms channel.

F4F's (1st Squad, seats 1-8)
F4F's (2nd Squad, seats 9-16)
F4F's (3rd Squad, seats 17-24)
F4F's (Spare's, HQ & Guests, seats 25-28) - AIR-START, zero fuel at this time

Good Luck ...
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Bear

wow... what happened to all the nice shiny new P38s and F4Us??