Solomon Campaign Briefs

Started by AH_DealnDave, March 29, 2017, 11:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_fraggmann

Sounds good let me be the first to volunteer to be one of the 4... :happy-112:
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Autorotate

if you want to keep it historically accurate...
one of you in the kill flight needs to catch a flat tire before taking off and the other has to have an issue with fuel feed on their drop tanks, subsequently assigning two new pilots into the kill flight and the original two sitting out of the mission and heading back to hyper lobby.  :drinking-42: :drinking-43:

_AH_Col._Hogan

Thanks for volunteering Auto.

Which one do you want, blown tire or bad tank?  (glasses)

~S

AH_DealnDave

S~ All ...

Although this mission is historically based ... there will be a few things going on that should keep most of us a bit busy, just say'n.  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Col._Hogan

Are we doing only 4 Betty shooters?

_AH_DarkWolf

You could always keep the three squadrons intact as cover and assign Hogan and Archibald + guests to the killer flight.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

Hey, my Moms name was Betty.

I love my Mom.

S!

_AH_fraggmann

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on September 16, 2017, 08:00:15 PM
You could always keep the three squadrons intact as cover and assign Hogan and Archibald + guests to the killer flight.

DW
or...we could select one pilot from each squad and 1 from HQ to lead... :happy-112:

_AH_Bear

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: AH_DealnDave on September 13, 2017, 11:24:20 PM
Good turn-out for mission - 22, we had 16 pilots altogether !!!  Here is the next briefing to be flown on Tuesday - September 19th.

"Solomon Islands Campaign"
Mission - 22a
Date: April 18th, 1943

After Action Review:

Nice job protecting our repair base at Tulagi. The enemy was able to sink a US destroyer and NZ Corvette, as well as, hitting some PT boats and float aircraft.  The repair facilities however, were not hit at all. The group is deploying back to the Russell's for the next operation.

We've also received the new upgraded P-38's. The P-38G's of the 339th Fighter Squadron have arrived to the Russell's.  They will begin flying missions immediately.

Intelligence:

The architect of the attack on Pearl Harbor, Adm. Isoroku Yamamoto, commander of the Combined Fleet of the Imperial Japanese Navy, is making an inspection tour of their airstrip at Kahili, on the island of Bougainville.  We've received a communication from the very top brass that we are to give this mission the "highest priory !!!"

The Mission:

THIS IS AN AIR-START AT "LOW" LEVEL !!!

All aircraft will fly at low level (below 500m) until the target aircraft are spotted.  All aircraft are to load with drop tanks.  Engage and destroy Yamamoto's aircraft, hopefully in grid area AP-36.

NOTAM's:

All pilots to remain on same comms channel.

P-38's (1st Squad, seats 1-8)
P-38's (2nd Squad, seats 9-16)
P-38's (3rd Squad, seats 17-24)
P-38's (Spare's, HQ & Guests, seats 25-28) - zero fuel at this time

Good Luck ...

S~ All ...

Here is tonight's mission for review ... Good Luck  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Col._Hogan

I have put every members name of the group into a hat. I am currently wearing the hat, (you guys are lumpy).

At 18:00 local, I will draw four names. If you do not want bomber duty, you may defer and I will draw again.

That is all, as you were.

~S

AH_DealnDave

S~ All ...

As the I was the mission builder, I'm deferring to others for the bomber attack group, I'll fly CAP with my squad.
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_fraggmann

I want a piece of that Sake soaked BASTID

_AH_DarkWolf

If we can't climb until we sight the enemy, we should probobly cruise at a fast speed so we have some E to climb fast. If we still get jumped from above be ready to extend, probobly be our best defense.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill