P-38G-5-LOs for Dave's Campaign

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 11, 2017, 10:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

S! fellow AH nerdlingers.

Dave tells us the next new kite we'll be flying in his Solomons campaign will be the P-38G-5-LO. It does'nt show up for another 5 weeks or so but I'm getting the ball rolling early on the skins.

I went with markings based on the 339th FS, 347th FG. These were the fellows who flew the Yamamoto mission. Pretty simple, OD over neutral grey with early US insignia with a number on the nose. I only saw one profile of a kite with a serial number. Not sure if thats cause they had them painted over or never applied or maybe the serials were unknown. So maybe some of them I will do sans serials. No real space for names under cockpits on this bird.

So, if you want a skin lemme know. You guys who have requested skins before I have your nosearts saved, so if you just want the same thing and same number incorporated into it I'll git er done. If you want something new just get the artwork to me, though I swear if I get any fat chicks in my e-mail I will not be responsible for my actions.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Gator

S! DW... 99 same nose art moonshine man with the gator sir  :drinking-43:

_AH_Bear

very nice, very nice... you know what i like... ooooooo

_AH_gatlingun

_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_BBQhead

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Twenty

_AH_Hollywood

Thanks DW,

Standard Woody NA, with #13 and Guess Who text

~S~

HW
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Lippy

# 44 and Mad Dragon nose art for me please. Nicely done DW. Be sure to include the wing mod as well.

_AH_DarkWolf

Turbo, do you happen to know what that Snoopy patch is from? (I see the image is not showing anymore, don't worry I already grabbed it) I was poking around to see if I could find a clearer version of it but came up empty. Snoopy seems to be riding a rocket, I wonder if its from some old missle unit.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Turbo

DW this patch is from one of my old unit The 440Th FIS. Erding ger. F86D
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Turbo on July 20, 2017, 12:18:03 PM
DW this patch is from one of my old unit The 440Th FIS. Erding ger. F86D

Ah ok. Looks like the one with the wolf is more prolific eh? I can work with the Snoopy one.

DW

_AH_Turbo

Little history. Charles Schulz came over and handed out the patches. (Yes there was a big party)   :drinking-43:   :drinking-43:
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_Col._Hogan