F4U-1s for Dave's Campaign

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, August 04, 2017, 11:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

So the next new aircraft after the 38s will be the F4U-1s, there are a couple of options for these.

The first is an earlier scheme like what was used by VMF-124 and VMF-213. The earlier two tone camouflage with six point national insignia. Interestingly, some of these aircraft carried extra patches of gun tape applied by the ground crews to make it appear the Corsair was armed with 8 or 10 wing guns.

The second choice is a later tri-color scheme with a field applied coat of darker blue on the upper surfaces with the national insignia with the red surround that was used briefly during the summer of 1943. This one is based on a VMF-214 aircraft.

So if you have a preference for one or t'other let me know which you want and a number and noseart etc. Again for the guys who have requested before if you want the same again, just say.

Like most of my USN\USMC stuff these markings are based on RONNCO's skins. I used them as a guide for insignia size and placement and I tried to get the tone of my colors to match his. RONNCO was like the king of US carrier a\c skinners.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_gatlingun

~S~ DW

The later red surround please,thanks.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_Bear

I like the tri colored skin please sir ..
~S~ Bear

_AH_Col._Hogan

The later red surround please ant the useaul markings

Thanks for doing all these DeeDubb.

~S

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Yes, please.
The later tri-color scheme with a field applied coat of darker blue on the upper surfaces with the national insignia with the red surround that was used briefly during the summer of 1943.

Thanks.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on August 05, 2017, 04:39:59 PM
The later red surround please ant the useaul markings

Yeah I was planning to redo yours. You already have one of both but they are made with the old template. Wow, dated January 2009.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Lippy

Tri color please 44 and Mad Dragon

_AH_Shrtaprch

_AH_Gator

Tri color 99 for me and my noseart too plz thank you Darkwolf

_AH_Turbo

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_Hollywood

~S~ DW,

QuoteThe first is an earlier scheme like what was used by VMF-124 and VMF-213.

This one please, with the gun tape,.... usual Nose Art, #13 and serial number, and Maj. Wood under cockpit.

Any chance I can have a factory fresh paint job with little to no weathering?

Thanks Canuuk!

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Hollywood on August 06, 2017, 09:07:30 PM
Any chance I can have a factory fresh paint job with little to no weathering?

I'll have to see what the weathering layers are like and if I can reduce them uniformly.

DW

_AH_Hollywood

pssst.... DarkWang!!!... Factory Fresh...  YOU CAN DO IT!
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_DarkWolf

You are only giving ammunition to Gator vis-a-vis his pretty boy comments about you.

DW

_AH_Hollywood