Death Race 2018

Started by _AH_BBQhead, January 06, 2018, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BBQhead

S~ All.

Here is a link to the practice map for the next Death Race.   It's my undertanding this map has no enemy planes, ground guns, etc.  It's a map to help you familiarize yourself with the plane types and bases, runway headings, parking locations, and  proximities, headings, and landmarks  between bases.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5aj95bj931n7zv/Deathrace%2002_Practice%20Map.zip?dl=0 

When putting it into your game folder, remember it's a Dogfight map.   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

Kopfdorfer

Thanks for doing this BBQ,

You are correct about this map. The course takes about 34 minutes to fly only , so expect several obstacles to an easy completion.
On this map , the sanctuary areas are marked by industrial chimneys with a fiery burnoff.

Do remember that though the aircraft , airfields , bearings etc will not change , and the airfield layouts are largely correct ,
there will be some wrenches thrown in to force you to keep your eyes open and your brain working.

I also recommend practicing taxiing the TB3 (4 engine Russian bomber). It does not behave well on the ground , and there may be some obstacles to get around
to get to the runway. Just saying.

Also , note that both the B-239 (Finnish version of the Buffalo)  and the PZL24f both have secondary armamanet , so ensure you have that key mapped
if you don't already. Those guns may come in handy.

Hope you enjoy it.

Kopfdorfer

_AH_z5o

Do we have a set of dates and time for this yet?  I can post it in the calendar if you'd like me to. It looks for now Wednesday's look open if I'm correct. OH, BTW. Loved the last one.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

Kopfdorfer

Hey Z,

I will keep making these , but I am hesitant to get them on a regular rotation , as I'd prefer to
          concentrate on keeping up on the Deadline Manila series for the time being , and I don't want to
          promise to produce 2 missions per week in case I can't meet the obligation.

Kopf

Kopfdorfer

Deathrace 2 - Hell Harbour

Available when needed.

Spawn in to Base B-4-7.
Do not start your engine until the Starter Orders It.

Leg 1.  B-4-7 to E-4-7 HDG 090   B-239
Leg 2.  E-4-7 to E-3-1 HDG 175   PZL 24f
Leg 3.  E-3-1 to B-2-5 HDG 255   CW21B
Leg 4.  B-2-5 to D-3-8 HDG 050  TB-3 4M-34P

Sanctuary Areas are defined by Industrial Smokestacks and Flames. Anyone within the boundary may not shoot or be targeted.
AI are exempt from this restriction.
Land in the indicated direction.
In order to transfer bases , you must park within the indicated parking area.
If you are unable to reach the parking area , too bad , go back and fly the leg again.

Hope you like it.

Kopfdorfer

_AH_Bear

I like it... i flew the map that was made available to us, I couldnt help notice there were no barrage balloon encircling the base areas.. is that a difference from the last mission or an oversight??  Love the TB-3.,... takes off in 30 feet or so eh .. hahha

Kopfdorfer

If you read the above post you will note that the sanctuary areas (in mission 1 defined by the barrage balloons)
are defined for Mission 2 by a rectangle of tall industrial smokestacks ignited with flames.

Note also that the Practice Airfields should be considered a "template" . and while basically intact , exact population
may in fact be altered for the mission.

Eyes Up !

Kopf

_AH_fraggmann

Think I'll pass again..sorry all.. but no fun for me with restricted views  (wavey)
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_fraggmann on January 11, 2018, 12:56:21 AM
Think I'll pass again..sorry all.. but no fun for me with restricted views  (wavey)

Oh comon buddy.. you can do it .. practise like any other race, know where your going and go go go... Yours truely won the 1st race.. and i had to restart from the 1st base 3 times!! Lippy shot me down once... bastid... :unhappy-059: hahhaa

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Death Race 2 was a good one.  Short hops, odd planes, and even odder pilots.  Good flying, Bear -  That's two in a row for you. If you win again next time that's 3 in a row and you know what that means.target-3     

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on January 11, 2018, 03:41:06 AM
S~

Death Race 2 was a good one.  Short hops, odd planes, and even odder pilots.  Good flying, Bear -  That's two in a row for you. If you win again next time that's 3 in a row and you know what that means.target-3     

Yea Twenty shot me down about 3 times that round.. lol.. looking forward to the next one..

Kopfdorfer

Death Race 3    "Homing Pigeons"

Welcome to Deathrace 3.

DO NOT SELECT A BASE UNTIL ORDERED TO DO SO.
All Spawn Points are within the Pink Area , arrayed in circumference around the target airfield.

EACH BASE HAS ONE UNIQUE AIRCRAFT TYPE.
YOU MAY NOT CHANGE BASES AFTER SELECTION.
You may find yourself in an unfamiliar Aircraft Type.
This is why I designed this mission.
It would be clever to be prepared to consult the manual on your aircraft type.
Each base has an infinite number of airframes - you will likely need them.

Each base is aligned in the direction of the Finish Airfield.
It would be wise to take a note of the bearing before you flash up the engine.
Each base is between 35 and 50 km from the Finish.

On the Start order , start up and take off.
Head towards the Olmedo Airfield.
Once you reach the Finish Airbase , land in a West to East Pattern ,
and taxi to the Finish Area , which is clearly marked with balloons and fires.
The first to the Finish Area wins.
Simple.

OTHER THAN THE FINISH AREA THERE IS NO SAFE ZONE !

Aircraft in the landing pattern are targets.
Aircraft taxiing but not in the Finish Area are targets.
Aircraft taking off are targets.
VULCHING IS ENCOURAGED.

Hope you have fun.

Kopfdorfer

_AH_z5o

S! Just to clarify. Let say I'm at the base in AT 15. I'm to head directly to the Finish Base. NOT to any other of the bases?
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Bear

Is there a practise mission or i guess part of the surprise is not knowing the AC huh..

Kopfdorfer

You Guys are starting to get my drift.

z50 Yes , each player will spawn into one base.
That is your base for the duration of the race. There is one unique aircraft type for each base and
you may not jump base to base to find an aircraft that you like.
Your goal is to fly to Olmedo and to taxi into the safe finish area.
If you are destroyed before you reach the Finish Area at Olmedo Field,
you will respawn into the same aircraft type at the same airfield and re-attempt.

Bear You are correct , in this mission part of the surprise is trying to find the base
(a short run of 35-50 km depending on your start point) while avoiding those who would
discourage your attempt.

Kopfdorfer