Sicily Campaign Briefs

Started by AH_DealnDave, March 07, 2018, 06:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH_DealnDave

S~ All,

As the time draws near for the Sicily "Operation Husky" Campaign to start ... I want to welcome you all to what I hope will be a fun campaign !! :)  This forum thread will be where I'm going to be posting the individual mission maps and briefings.  I hope to have the new briefing for the next mission posted on Friday's.  The current time frame for mission-01 looks to be flown on March 13th (is now scheduled).

With this campaign, the use of "Unit Squadrons" will be used and as the campaign progresses from mission to mission the squad assignments will also rotate.  Fighter, bomber, torpedo planes ... ect.

Well with all that being said ... Here is Mission #01.

"Sicily Campaign"
Mission - 01
Date: June 6th, 1943

Welcome Gentlemen ... to the Tunisia Area of North Africa.

Intelligence:

As part of the future operation involving the island of Sicily (Operation Husky), we've been tasked to neutralize the enemy airfield and harbor on on the island of Pantelleria.

AAA is reported to be of medium strength. The enemy airfield is "active". The island is also supported by enemy aircraft from Sicily.

The Mission:

A-36 Apaches (P-51A) All Squads - will arm with bombs and strike Pantelleria.

1st and 2nd Squads, will strike the airfield.
3rd and HQ Squads, will strike the harbor.

NOTAMS:

*All pilots to use same comms channel.
*All aircraft are "zero fuel" at this time.

1st Squad (seats 1-8)
2nd Squad (seats 9-16)
3rd Squad (seats 17-24)
HQ & Guests (seats 25-28)

Good Luck ...
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Bear

_AH_Hollywood

And so it begins!!!

Quick question to the group....

I am re-working the stats for this campaign...  Are there any fields or data that you would like to track?  Perhaps some that we no longer wish to track?

Are we liking tracking "survival rates"?

Let me know.

HW
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Col._Hogan

Bullet hits % would be fun.

~S

AH_DealnDave

Personally I liked all the stats we tracked on the last campaign ... I'm also with Hogan, possibly bullet hit %
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_Hollywood on March 08, 2018, 03:30:37 PM
And so it begins!!!

Are we liking tracking "survival rates"?

No.. specially when I die so much..lol

_AH_Hollywood

QuoteNo.. specially when I die so much..lol - Bear

I can omit yours Bear... or..... you can earn the "Pine Box Ribbon"

Hit's are not that hard to track... 
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Bear

hahha...  "Pine Box Ribbon".. we need that ..

_AH_Hollywood

** Work in Progress **

Here is a glimpse of the new stats sheet.

I took the stats from the Solomon's final mission for HQ and 1st Sqdn.

Feedback good or bad is welcome....

~S~

HW

AH_DealnDave

Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Twenty

_AH_Hollywood

??? Nice juicy practice room tonight ???  Olives anyone?

Kopfdorfer

Here is a Dropbox link for DealnDave's A-36 Apache Skin for the P-51A.
Put it in the Folder :
HSFX/Paintschemes/Skins/P-51a

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvwawrvt87fv1i3/A-36_Apache_DD.bmp?dl=0

Kopfdorfer

AH_DealnDave

Nice turn-out for mission - 01, we had 16 pilots altogether !!!  Here is the next briefing to be flown on Tuesday - March 20th.

"Sicily Campaign"
Mission - 02
Date: June 11th, 1943

After Action Report:

Great job hitting Pantelleria. The airfield looks like it's out of action. The group also sank a destroyer and cargo ship in the harbor leaving it useless.  Additionally, the group accounted for 20+ enemy planes destroyed.

Intelligence:

This morning the British intend to launch an invasion against the island of Pantelleria. A heavy cruiser, two destroyers, and troop ships are in position to launch their landing craft. The beach landings look to take place at approximately 07:45 hours.

The island is still supported by enemy aircraft from Sicily. AAA is still a threat through-out the island.

The Mission:

A-36 Apache (P-51A) - all squads, will provide CAP for the invasion fleet.

Notam's:

All squads to use the same comms channel.
All aircraft are "zero" fuel at this time.

1st Squad (seats 1-8)

2nd Squad (seats 9-16)
3rd Squad (seats 17-24)
HQ & Guests (seats 25-28)

Good Luck ...
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_DarkWolf

Nice picture of a restored A-36 with its dive brakes open.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill