Sicily Campaign Briefs

Started by AH_DealnDave, March 07, 2018, 06:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

Wow!  That would look awesome with a duck painted on it!

S!

_AH_Gator

DW 99 on it and my art sir thank you

_AH_DarkWolf

Gator, thats a picture of a real plane. If I start painting it the owners are gonna be hella-pissed!

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Gator

DW I don't need them bomb marking on the plane

AH_DealnDave

Nice turn-out for mission - 02, we had 16 pilots altogether !!!  Here is the next briefing to be flown on Tuesday - March 27th.

"Sicily Campaign"
Mission - 03
Date: June 15th, 1943

After Action Report:

Welcome to the island of Pantelleria ...

This is going to be one of our staging bases for operations against the enemy held Island of Sicily. Well done covering the British invading force.  They were able to secure the island the very same day with minimal casualties. Our group was able to destroy over 40+ enemy aircraft.

Intelligence:

Good morning Gentlemen ... this morning we have orders to attack the enemy held airfield and train depot, in and near, the town of Castelvetrano, grid BU-26, pad 3, on your map.

Sicily has numerous enemy airfields through-out the island. All of them are "active".

AAA is still a threat through-out the island. Strength is medium to heavy.

The Castelvetrano area AAA is of medium strength.

* Be advised there are enemy convoys and supply trains moving in and out Castelvetrano frequently.

The Mission:

1st Squad (A-36 Apache / P-51A) - will cover the strike aircraft.

2nd Squad (A-20) - will arm with bombs. Target the enemy airfield.

3rd Squad (A-20) - will arm with bombs. Target the rail yard and fuel storage areas located within Castelvetrano.

HQ & Guests (A-36 Apache / P-51A) - will cover the strike aircraft.

Notam's:

All aircraft are "zero" fuel at this time.
All pilots to use same comms channel this mission.

1st Squad (seats 49-56)
2nd Squad (seats 1-24)
3rd Squad (seats 25-48)
HQ & Guests (seats 57-60)

Good Luck ...
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

Find A-20G skins here:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads2&c=162

As far as the skin to select, that's up to the player. As a recommendation (my opinion only) skins by vpmedia are of the time period we are flying in.
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

Kopfdorfer

Which variant of the A-20 will be flown , Dave ?

Kopfdorfer

_AH_Bear

Quote from: Kopfdorfer on March 24, 2018, 12:56:59 PM
Which variant of the A-20 will be flown , Dave ?

Kopfdorfer

Says A20G there

Kopfdorfer

Here is a decent link with info about the A-36 Apache (for those who are interested)  :

http://www.456fis.org/A-36A_APACHE.htm

For those into historical accuracy on your skins (DW) , take note that the range of serial numbers
is between    42-83663   and   42-84162.

Anyhow, there's a bit of info there to digest.

Kopfdorfer

_AH_Hollywood

Nice read Kopf..

Quote1st Squad (A-36 Apache / P-51A) - will cover the strike aircraft.

HQ & Guests (A-36 Apache / P-51A) - will cover the strike aircraft.

DnD,

Since 1st and HQ flight are capping, any chance to switch the P-51A's to Mk I's? These have 6x.50 cal oppossed to the Oleg basis 4x.50 cal.

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Hollywood on March 27, 2018, 02:51:05 PM
Since 1st and HQ flight are capping, any chance to switch the P-51A's to Mk I's? These have 6x.50 cal oppossed to the Oleg basis 4x.50 cal.

I thought the same thing, then I saw the Mk.Is don't have .50s, they have 6x.303s. They can add 2x.50s in the wings in addition to the .303s but still. I think we'd prefer 4x.50s to 6x.303s+2x.50s.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

AH_DealnDave

Mission has already been sent to Jack ... on last Thursday  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Hollywood

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_DarkWolf

The allison 51s are mod aircraft, don't think Oleg was involved...

DW

_AH_Hollywood