Sicily Campaign Briefs

Started by AH_DealnDave, March 07, 2018, 06:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Bear

AH_DealnDave

Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

Great turn-out for mission - 03, we had 18 pilots altogether !!!  Here is the next briefing to be flown on Tuesday - April 3rd.

"Sicily Campaign"
Mission - 04
Date: June 18th, 1943

After Action Report:

Great Job hitting the airfield and rail yard. Those facilities will not be usable for enemy before the upcoming operation.  The group also claimed 15 enemy aircraft destroyed in the air. Our airfield was also raided by the enemy. We were not hit very hard, however, raids of this sort will most likely continue as the invasion draws near.

Intelligence:

As we've been applying pressure on the enemy in Sicily, they've starting operating more frequent air patrols. Today's target areas are the airfield, harbor, and fuel facilities in the town's of Milo and Marsala, BT-25/26, on your map.

The target areas are protected by AAA (med. strength).

* Be advised there are enemy convoys and supply trains moving in and out Marsala.

The Mission:

1st Squad (A-20) - will arm with bombs. Target the enemy airfield near Milo (BT-26, pad 6).

2nd Squad (A-20) - will arm with bombs. Target the rail yard and fuel storage areas located within Marsala (BT-25, pad 8).

3rd Squad (P-51A) - will cover the strike aircraft.

HQ & Guests (P-51A) - will cover the strike aircraft.

Notam's:

All aircraft are "zero fuel" at this time.
All pilots to use the same comms channel this mission.

1st Squad (seats 1-24)
2nd Squad (seats 25-48)
3rd Squad (seats 49-56)
HQ & Guests (seats 57-60)

Good Luck ...
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_z5o

kill, KILL, KILL! opps sorry. bomb, BOMB, BOMB!!!
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Hollywood

Can we have photo recon prior to Tuesday?

Like to see what's in that rail yard... (maybe trains?)
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_Hollywood on March 30, 2018, 09:18:43 PM
Can we have photo recon prior to Tuesday?

Like to see what's in that rail yard... (maybe trains?)
Wood,

I've thought about this for a bit now and think I'll send out a photo recon photo, however not on this mission.  During the last mission the bomber guys (2nd & 3rd) did not have the advantage of a photo. As this upcoming mission has 1st squad flying bombers all squads will have completed a mission without the use of a recon photo.

So missions going forward after mission #4 will have the use of a recon photo if the mission calls for bombers.
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_DarkWolf

Another note on what we were talking about with the A-36's gun armament. I was just flipping through a book with a big section on P-51s and their variants and they mentioned that most A-36s has their nose guns removed in the field. So the four .50s does seem closer to reality.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Hollywood

DnD,

What map are we using for this mission?
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_DarkWolf

It's Algeria-Tunisia-Sicily (Jir).

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_Hollywood on April 02, 2018, 03:52:13 PM
DnD,
What map are we using for this mission?
As DW stated we are on the Algeria, Tunisia, Greece map at this time, however we will go to the following

Missions 5-7, Italy, Africa, Greece map

Mission 8- through the end of campaign, back to the Algeria, Tunisia, Greece map
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: AH_DealnDave on March 29, 2018, 07:41:00 PM
Today's target areas are the airfield, harbor, and fuel facilities in the town's of Milo and Marsala, BT-25/26, on your map.

Is the harbour a secondary target or does that refer to the railyard that 2nd is tasked with hitting?

DW

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on April 03, 2018, 08:54:26 PM
Quote from: AH_DealnDave on March 29, 2018, 07:41:00 PM
Today's target areas are the airfield, harbor, and fuel facilities in the town's of Milo and Marsala, BT-25/26, on your map.

Is the harbour a secondary target or does that refer to the railyard that 2nd is tasked with hitting?

DW
The harbor can be hit by either 1st or 2nd squads as it is a secondary target and if they have bombs left to attack with.
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

Excellent turn-out for mission - 04, we had 21 pilots altogether !!!  Here is the next briefing to be flown on Tuesday - April 10th.

"Sicily Campaign"
Mission - 05
Date: June 20th, 1943

After Action Report:

Welcome back to Tunisia Gentlemen ... the group has been re-assigned to the 1st Fighter Group (P-38).

Great Job hitting the airfield and harbor area. The group destroyed numerous enemy aircraft in the air and on the ground. The group also destroyed many support convoys (vehicle) and trains.

Our airfield was once again raided by the enemy. We sustained no damage to our facilities and none of our planes were destroyed on the ground.

Intelligence:

The target areas for today, are the airfield, harbor, and fuel facilities in the town of Trapani, AF-17, on your map.

The target areas are protected by AAA (med. strength).

* Be advised there are enemy supply convoys moving in and out Trapani.

The Mission:

1st Squad (P-38) - will arm with bombs. Target the fuel facilities in Trapani (AF-17, pad 4).

Recon Photo:

2nd Squad (P-38) - will arm with bombs. Target the airfield near Trapani (AF-17, pad 1).

Recon Photo:

3rd Squad (P-38) - will arm with bombs. Target the harbor area in Trapani (AF-17, pad 4).

Recon Photo:

HQ & Guests (P-38) - will arm with bombs. Target the harbor area in Trapani (AF-17, pad 4).

Recon Photo:

Notam's:

* All pilots to use the same comm's channel this mission.
*All aircraft are "zero" fuel at this time.

1st Squad (seats 1 - 8)
2nd Squad (seats 9 - 16)
3rd Squad (seats 17 - 24)
HQ & Guests (seats 25 - 28)

Good Luck ...
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Hollywood

Ah Hogan must be drooling....

What model 38s?

_AH_DarkWolf

According to the info Dave sent us before, its the P-38G-5-LO. Same one we flew in the solomons.

DW