A-36s (P-51As) for the Sicily Campaign

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, March 22, 2018, 10:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

I think I am pretty much done with this skin. Its a bird from the 27th Fighter Bomber Group, its got the red spinner and yellow wing bands that were used in the MTO. The profiles I was looking at had six point national insignia, which is kind of unusual. The letters on the tail are the squadron and individual aircraft codes. The top letter is the squadron code, the 27th FBG's three squadrons used A, B or C. The lower one is the individual code letter.

So as per usual if you would like a skin let me know here. I'll incorporate your preferred number into the serial and let me know what individual letter code you would like. And noseart of course. Keep in mind the letter combos should be unique, so for example I've taken the BD one. If someone else wants D they would have to go AD or CD. Just skim through the posts to see whats been taken. For you guys who requested skins in the Solomons I still have all the stuff for those nosearts, just let me know what you want. (Within reason and the limits of my gag reflex, BB)

Now because of my current situation I need to move to the old computer to do the text work. I want to minimize that so I want to get all the requests piled up then get them all done in one or two sessions. So we'll say the requests are open until the end of this coming Sunday. That should allow me to get them done by tues.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Bear

_AH_Twenty

_AH_Hollywood

Mumford,

A - H for the tail.. and any serial # just make it end with #13

Guess Who?! of some sort as NA and Woody under the cockpit..

Thanks!!! Buddy  ol' Pal!

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_fraggmann

CF if allowed and #11 , if not , Im good with an assigned code  :cool:
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_Gator

SW with my nose art, you pick the number Darkwolf :drinking-29:

_AH_gatlingun

_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_Lippy

_AH_Hollywood

Hmmmm.....

QuoteThe top letter is the squadron code, the 27th FBG's three squadrons used A, B or C. The lower one is the individual code letter. - Mumford

Call me a purest, but if we strive for historical, should the top letter only be either A, B or C ?

I've never quite mastered that qerky thing with the P-51 tail... the rudder and tail section are out of phase by only the smallest amount.  Same with the flaps.
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Shrtaprch

So F on the top and U on the Bottom on one side and D on the top and W on the bottom on the other wouldn't be historically accurate?   Oh wait this isn't a FNF skin....back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I'll take a C on the top and E on the bottom DW if you are so Inclined.  Thats just one step away from a Cluster....Fragg...

_AH_Hollywood

QuoteSo F on the top and U on the Bottom on one side and D on the top and W on the bottom on the other wouldn't be historically accurate?   Oh wait this isn't a FNF skin....back to our regularly scheduled programming.

LOL - that goes so well with my morning coffee.

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Hollywood on March 23, 2018, 05:55:13 AM
Call me a purest, but if we strive for historical, should the top letter only be either A, B or C ?

You are correct but I know not everyone is into that sort of thing. If they want LD or SW etc it will still look 90% right.

Quote from: _AH_Hollywood on March 23, 2018, 05:55:13 AM
I've never quite mastered that qerky thing with the P-51 tail... the rudder and tail section are out of phase by only the smallest amount.  Same with the flaps.

Yeah, its just the way its texture mapped, the closest you can get makes it look like its half a pixel out of alignment. Some aircraft are like that, others you can align stuff perfectly. Once you are at the point where one pixel one way is not enough and one pixel the other is too much, you've done all you can.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

CH please. with some German and ITAL kills.

Did any have yellow spinners?

S!

_AH_Jack

I would just love one with a J and a W...don't care what number, but either a zero or 49 would do.  The zero would be a close indicative of my hit percentage.

_AH_BBQhead

A ,  Q,  and 68, please. 

What about nose arts  and a punny plane names ?   It's been a while since I've sent you any nose art  pictures.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.