P-38Gs for the Sicily Campaign

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, April 11, 2018, 08:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

Ello,

So I figured to get caught up I would get the ball rolling on the P-38s too and then prioritize whatever is needed for the next mission and finish the balance later.

So P-38Gs of the 1st FG, I found a few profiles of two aircraft from close to the point in 1943 where we are flying. They represent two of the 1st's squadrons, can't find any info yet on what the third squadron in the group was doing in terms of squadron colors.

The first is a 27th FS bird with red spinners and wingtips. I haven't coded this one yet but they used the squadron code HV.

The other is a 94th FS bird with yellow spinners and wingtips and strangely, a section of leading edge in the same color. Its a peculiar marking that I've never seen before, some profiles show the leading edge going part of the way along towards the engine, others show it going all the way to the engine. I chose to go with the former. Squadron codes for the 94th are UN.

Since I did 38s for the Solomons and alot of you guys are picking the same nosearts, these should go quicker. So if you have a preference for one squadron or the other you can make your pick and choose an individual code letter and I'll get to them sooner or later depending on upcoming mission requirements.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

For you guys who make your own skins, these are a couple profiles from an Eduard model kit.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Autorotate

jutocsa made a great bat out of hell skin if anyone wants it. no code though, probably because the mirroring on the intercooler with p-38 skins is awful.
https://postimg.cc/image/xcm8p9iez/

_AH_DarkWolf

That might be an older skin from when we only had the J and L. The F/G/H models are not as bad as you can put codes on the outside ducts without it being duplicated on the inside ones. Stuff will still be backwards on one side but its an improvement. Though if you are close to the ends of the duct codes can be seen inside but thats not too bad.

DW

_AH_Col._Hogan

94th FS / Yellow, Not all the way to the nacelle / 369

Sweet!

~S

_AH_Bear

Yellow plz.. you know the rest

_AH_Shrtaprch

_AH_kawilder

Yellow Please, with Bogey Swatter
If the second letter needs to be an N go with J for the last
If the second letter does not matter go with UKY

Thank You

Jelly

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Col._Hogan

QuoteIf the second letter does not matter go with UKY

Sounds like a kid sayin "yucky".

S!

_AH_kawilder

LOL. had not looked at it like that hogan  :lol

Yellow Please, with Bogey Swatter, and with UNJ please DW.

That is my final answer.

jelly

Kopfdorfer

What the heck is a Bogey Swatter ????

Kopfdorfer

_AH_Bear

_AH_Gator

hey bear I don't see your B17 and Hogan art by his name I don't see it nomore

_AH_Bear