Computer Support needed for the next Campaign

Started by AH_DealnDave, August 31, 2018, 02:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH_DealnDave

S~ All,

A while back I had issues with the Philippines Map loading. What was noted after some troubleshooting was that my computer's "virtual RAM" needed to be increased. After this was done the Philippines Map loaded as advertised. I'm not the computer wizard however and can't remember how to increase the virtual RAM.

I do remember though that it was BBQ that assisted me and talked me through the process.  :)

Soooo ... BBQ could you put together a set of easy instructions and post them on how to expand the virtual RAM prior to our next campaign? The start date is looking like September 18th, tentatively.

Much Appreciated !!!

:)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Just now saw your post..

Open File Explorer -- whatever you use to browse your files.
Right click This PC.
Click  Properties.
Click Advanced System Properties
In the Performance box ( top ) Click Settings
Click the Advanced Tab
In the virtual Memory box Click Change, then Click Custom, or at least make sure there's a dot next to Custom. 
Set your Virtual Ram size
Generally accepted method is to set maximum size to one and a half  the size of your actual ram, but really you can set it to whatever you have room for on your HDD.  If you set Max size to 32 GB, you need to have more than 32GB available space on your HDD.
Also, setting minimum and maximum to the same size is said to help performance.   
Click Set
Click OK.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.