Combat Qualification Requirements

Started by _AH_z5o, October 06, 2018, 02:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_z5o

Combat Qualification Requirements

You must be signed into the pilot sign-in for that day before you can commence your Combat Qualification. 

Spawn with  markings on, or a custom skin.

Turn  navigation lights on before leaving your spawn point.

Turn Wingtip smoke on during the barrel roll, Cuban eight, vertical stall and recovery, touch and go, and landings on bases with limit lines. (No wingtip smoke for dead stick landings.)   

1.   Take off with max load out and max fuel. Drop tanks may be jettisoned after take off, but not before. 

2.   Destroy Two enemy boats.

3.   Dead stick from Olegovo to base in Grid A3, and land. Once completely stopped, restart engine and take off.

4.   Destroy two enemy vehicles.

5.   Perform a barrel roll, a Cuban eight, and a vertical climb into a full stall and recover.

6.   Land at concrete base in Grid E4.  The two main wheels must remain in contact with the ground after passing the limit line.

7.   Taxi and park in the hangar. If the plane's wingspan exceeds the width of the hangar door, park in the revetment.

8.   Taxi to the runway, then take off.

9.   Destroy one live enemy ground gun.  They are near the edges of the map. 

10.   Perform a touch and go at the base in Grid C3/D3, then enter a left hand circuit  and continue to land in the same direction.

11.   Full stop landing. On landing, two main wheels must remain in contact with the ground after passing the limit line.   

12.   Take off and turn off navigation lights. 

Notes:

You may retry maneuvers if they are judged as insufficient.

You may retry landings at the concrete base if your landing is judged insufficient. (wheels did not remain in contact with the ground after passing the limit line.)

For the touch and go, you must have wheels on the ground for at least three seconds before lifting off again. The touch and go may be retried if judged as insufficient, but you must remain in a left hand pattern for the retry.

If you need to retry the landing after the touch and go, you must perform the touch and go again. think of the touch and go + the left turn and landing as  one maneuver. 

Should you have to restart your engine during dead stick flight you will have to destroy one ground target before being allowed to retry that portion of the qualification.

You must start over if:

A.   You destroy or damage anything that is not owned by the enemy,  (With the exception of your plane taking damage).

B.   You question the judgment of your landings or maneuvers.

C.   You vary the order of the tasks as they are outlined above.

D.   After completing a touch and go, you do not turn left and enter a left hand landing pattern, and land in the same direction as your earlier touch and go.

E.   You destroy more ground targets than required.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Jack

The initial land-based qual. must be in a P51D-5NT for Pilots' Wings, and the FM-2 for Carrier Pilots' Wings.  The Pilot's Wings must be earned before the Carrier Pilots' wings.  The P51 needs to carry full fuel and a minimum of 500 lbs. in bombs.
There is no loadout specified for the FM-2.   I especially like the trainer skins.

_AH_Hollywood

I think Zulu was referencing combat quals which we no longer offer.

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_z5o

Oh ya, I guess so. I was wanting to post the Basic Qual  Rules. Ill have to dig a little to find a copy. Sorry
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_DarkWolf

Why the duplication with this thread? In the Quals Completed forum section, stickied at the top are threads with this information.

http://aceshigh.ws/forum/index.php?board=20.0

Pilot Qual Reqs and Maps thread was updated a couple years ago to be current.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill