P-38Ls for the Philippines Campaign

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, November 03, 2018, 07:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

So I'm looking at doing some P-38Ls of the 475th FG. They used red, yellow and blue trim to denote the squadrons.

431st used red

432nd used yellow

433rd used blue

Some of the aircraft have double bands around the booms, I think that denotes a squadron leader's aircraft so I'll apply that for our three. These represent aircraft used in '45 and have the numbers on the side of the engines rather than the nose like their earlier aircraft. The numbers from 100->199 were divided in blocks between the group's HQ flight and the three squadrons but I don't think we'll follow that, guys can pick whatever trim color with whatever number they want.

It appears the HQ flight had aircraft marked up with multicolored bands for all the group's squadrons. So if our HQ guys want that they could go that route.

So if you want a skin just let me know the noseart, number and trim color you want. Not much time before this tuesday, so if you get your info to me before the end of sunday I should have yours done for the next mission.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

You know my number,and nose art,blue trim and Thanks DW!
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_Hollywood

Decisions ... Decisions...

Please build me a 431st...

• Nose Art.... make me some sort of Magneto thingy
    • No. 113
    • Red Trim
    • Can you give me the black nacelle like the photo with pilot: Maj H. Wood?

S!
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_DarkWolf

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Bear

_AH_Gator

DW you pick the color for me 99 and the moonshine train plz :drinking-29:

_AH_Col._Hogan

- Duck
- 432nd yellow

And thanks for doing these.

S!

_AH_Twenty

_AH_BBQhead

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Turbo

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_Bear

I kinda like that Putt Putt Maru one.. please and thank you

_AH_DarkWolf

Someone, I can't remember who, still owes us one more mission in a pink plane.

DW

_AH_Bear

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on November 05, 2018, 01:56:33 PM
S~

Blue, 168

Thanks, DW

No fat chick images?! I am finally having a positive effect on you.

DW

_AH_BBQhead

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.