Author Topic: BOS  (Read 2529 times)

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
Re: BOS
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2019, 07:50:31 PM »

Here you go Lippy:  https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-stalingrad/

I buy my stuff directly from the developers. There is no CD, only activation codes.  I haven't had any issues.
I suggest doing it this way as well.

DW: Saturdays might work for me... as would Thursday...
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_Jack

• Yellow Man
  • Administrator
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2019, 08:46:53 PM »
I'm home Saturday nights too, although sometimes a bit sleepy.

Offline _AH_Lippy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2019, 09:35:28 PM »
I have the basic version loaded any day is fine for me its nice being retarded I mean retired.  :give-me-beer-0034:
I am getting Kuban and Bodenplatte if that is correct.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 09:38:41 PM by _AH_Lippy »

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2019, 10:39:44 PM »
I am getting Kuban and Bodenplatte if that is correct.

If it is correct?  :thinking-008:

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Offline _AH_Lippy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2019, 10:45:26 PM »
I am asking if I need them to fly with you guys on Sunday.

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2019, 12:02:40 AM »
You don't need them. You can fly any map online, regardless of what you own. The only limit is you can only fly the aircraft you own, but so far from what I've seen guys either use maps that use more common kites we all have or they tweak them to change an aircraft as needed. So regardless of what you have you would be able to fly, its just up to you wether you want to pop on the extra stuff so you have more options and can use it offline.

Though I've found you can kinda get around the offline map restriction by hosting a map through the in game COOP/Dogfight thing. I made another practice room using the Kuban map so I can host it and fly around even though I don't own BoK.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Offline _AH_Lippy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2019, 12:42:49 AM »
Good it should be fully downloaded in a bit and with the exception of hyperlobby I am good to go.

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2019, 03:52:11 PM »

Found this article today.... https://stormbirds.blog/2019/02/12/part-2-an-interview-with-jason-williams-and-daniel-tuseev/

Interview with Jason Williams, guy running BOS.

Looks like we will eventually get the P-38J-25 and P-51D-15
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2019, 01:34:40 AM »
We were talking the other day about graphics options with this game. I'm running an i5-8400 which is a six core processor with 16 gigs of ram and a GTX 770. The 770 is kind of a holdover from my previous system and is pretty much maxed out by BoX.

I've been using these settings and averaging 70 or 80 fps:

Couple changes I had to make when messing with the Kuban map was dropping the Horizon Draw Distance down from 150km and turning on Use 4k Textures. The latter seemed kinda counter intuitive but apparently if its turned off it can cause some stutter. They also recommend unchecking Full Screen but it seems if you are running the same resolution on both desktop and game it doesn't matter. After some testing I found keeping Fullscreen checked gave me a couple extra fps, so mileage may vary on that one.

There is some good info in this thread : https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34764-jasons-quick-guide-to-3001-graphics-smoothness/

DW

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2019, 10:06:26 PM »
I'll host a room tonight around 9ish EST if anybody wants to mess aboot with BoX.

DW

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2019, 03:59:03 PM »
New Patch today from BOS People.. mainly the Flying Circus bi-plane and tank stuff.

https://il2sturmovik.com/news/460/update-3011/

download before Sunday, so you aren't perturbed having to do it then...

S!

Offline _AH_Bear

• Global Moderator
  • R.I.P. August Never Forgotten
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2019, 12:16:03 AM »
What does this mean??
1. Fokker D.VII is available to Flying Circus: Volume I customers;
2. Sopwith Dolphin is available to Flying Circus: Volume I customers;

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2019, 12:37:38 AM »
What does this mean??
1. Fokker D.VII is available to Flying Circus: Volume I customers;
2. Sopwith Dolphin is available to Flying Circus: Volume I customers;

The whole Great Battles game thang kind of has 3 parts, the WWII flight sim, a WWI flight sim called Flying Circus and the WWII tank sim thing called Tank Crew. Its all in one, so thats why the patch notes to refer to those things. I think Flying Circus and Tank Crew are both in a pre-release state like Bodenplatte.

DW

Edit : I should say they are all in one but need to be purchased separately.

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2019, 03:04:20 PM »

New Development post today!
Lots on the Bodenplatte map and a sneak peak at the 262, P-38 (HOGAN!) and the AI B-25

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?do=findComment&comment=740080

Eye Candy!!

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2019, 07:19:31 PM »
The 38 and B-25 look nice. Surprised they showed off the 38 before the 51, according to their release order the 38 will be one of the last to appear.

I'm eager to get the map, did they release the Kuban or Moscow maps before the final release of those components? Little concerned how it will perform though, if they are pushing size and detail beyond Kuban which already notably more demanding than the other maps.

DW