Author Topic: BOS  (Read 1850 times)

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
Re: BOS
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2019, 08:57:10 PM »
Keep in mind BoM is a different price than BoK, the latter's sale price is twice as much.

If the price difference is not a problem it probobly comes down to what aircraft you fancy more. BoM's planeset is a little earlier war, BoK's is a little later.

Personally I just have Stalingrad premium and the Bodenplatte preorder.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2019, 01:33:07 AM »
There will be countless more sales...

I would go with Moscow and either go standard unless the extra planes get you rev'd up..
Kuban is the newest full release.. so when BoBP comes out, Kuban will sell for less... last sale Kuban wasn't even on sale.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 02:56:47 PM by _AH_Hollywood »
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_z5o

• Calendar Monkey
  • Administrator
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2019, 05:58:21 AM »
This thing could really use a "Like" button. SO this will have to do.
 :drinking-43:
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2019, 07:01:09 PM »
 :lol-029: :lol-029: :lol-029: :lol-029: :lol-029:
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2019, 08:30:29 PM »
When you buy the Premium version of a component, you get the two collector's planes associated with it for 15 bucks a pop. The ones included in the Premiums are 20 bucks each if bought individually. (talking full prices)

When the individual collectors planes go on sale, how cheap do they get? I'm just wondering is the Premium version always the cheapest way to go, or are the individual plane sales such that people could buy one of the Standard components and get the additional planes later for just as cheap?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2019, 09:18:57 PM »

I purchased the Yak-1 and La-5FN for $11.99 and $13.99 respectively... I have seen some planes on sale for $9.99

Some whacky ones don't seem to go on sale... U-2 if I recall.
This is e-commerce... everything will eventually be cheaper... if you only wait...

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2019, 11:03:54 PM »
Hmm, so the 66% off sales would equate to about 5 bucks per collector plane in the Premium bundles. So it looks like that is the best deal.

Right now Kuban is 33% off so that would be...about 10 bucks per collector plane. So if the individual sales tend to go down to 10, it would be pretty much the same for either Premium or buying Standard and picking up it's collector planes on a sale later.

If my mathmagic is correct.

DW

Offline _AH_Twenty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2019, 02:03:31 AM »
Like the stock market, Buy high, sell low.

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2019, 06:22:24 PM »

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2019, 06:24:07 PM »
The first star of today's Blog is the British fighter Hawker Tempest Mk.V series 2. These planes played a significant role in the events of January 1st, 1945 - the units managed to take off in time when Luftwaffe attacked the Allied airfields during Bodenplatte operation. Tempests were equipped with some serious firepower - four 20mm Hispano guns - and achieved good speeds at lower altitudes, which was handy for a dogfight near the ground.

The second aircraft we want to show you today is USAAF North American P-51D-15 Mustang, the most famous American fighter of WWII that was widely used in different theatres of war. To a degree, its exceptional range and altitude capabilities made the deep bombing raids over Germany possible. Mustangs had good overall maneuverability and climb rate, while their six .50 cal M2 Browning machineguns allowed them to engage any air targets. A Mustang could also carry bombs and rockets, making it a fighter/bomber.

It should be noted that while many Mustangs still exist around the world, including airworthy ones, most of them are combinations of different modifications, including post-WWII ones. Therefore we're spending a lot of time researching tech schematics, spare parts catalogs, and similar documents to make sure the final result will be as authentic as possible.

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2019, 09:03:37 PM »
Good to finally see the rest of allied aircraft.

DW

Offline _AH_Col._Hogan

• Administrator
  • S.A.P.P.
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2019, 06:42:17 PM »

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2019, 12:09:05 AM »
I'll have a BoX room open tonight from aboot 9 to 11 EST, if anyone wants to fly around a bit.

DW

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2019, 06:57:05 PM »
Yet another update today 

3.012... and release of the Dora 9  (Fw-190D-9) in Bodenplatte.

Update 3.012

Dear friends,

We just released the new update 3.012. Only two weeks have passed since the previous update so the changelist isn't that long, but this time our customers will get FIVE new pieces of content for all three our current projects at once.

First, this is a new Collector's Plane for Bodenplatte - Fw 190 D-9 "Dora", one of the legendary late war Luftwaffe planes with very good speed and armament. Its main difference compared to previous models is Jumo-213 A1 water cooled engine equipped with MW 50 water-methanol injection system that can be used to increase the power output even more for up to 10 minutes. Another improvement of this plane is the automatic engine governor MBG and an effective engine cooling. This is also the first aircraft in our project to receive EZ 42 gyro gunsight. "Dora" could carry up to 500 kg bombs and R4M Orkan rockets (the new weapon in our project as well) which later served as a base for many post-war unguided rocket designs.

Fw 190 D-9 "Dora" fighter is available to Battle of Bodenplatte Premium Edition owners;
2. Prokhorovka map (Southern part of the Kursk salient) is available to Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka owners;
3. M4A2 tank is available to Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka owners;
4. PzKpfw.III Ausf.M  tank is available to Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka owners;
5. Fokker D.VIIF fighter is available to Flying Circus - Volume I owners;
6. Locomotive tenders are destroyable once again;
7. The oxygen system capacity corrected (increased) on Fokker D.VII;
8. The sound of a damaged engine made more pronounced on all aircraft;
9. KV-1s, Pz.VI-H1, M4A2, and Pz.III-M have night gunsight illumination;
10. KV-1s and Pz.VI-H1 turrets bend their antennas when rotating;
11. Rocket exhaust flame corrected - it cuts immediately when the engine of a rocket stops and its smoke trail disappears faster;
12. A game freeze (when a statistics screen was visible on top of the other menus) has been fixed.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:15:04 PM by _AH_Hollywood »

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2019, 08:26:47 PM »
Huh, no 262? Thought they were supposed to pop together.

DW