Author Topic: BoX Skins  (Read 204 times)

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
BoX Skins
« on: March 01, 2019, 01:57:58 AM »
One feature BoX doesn't have is a skin transfer system like we are used to with 1946. So for anyone else to see a skin that didn't come with the game, they have to download and install it themselves. I suspect it probobly has to do with the size of the skins, especially the 4k ones.

So I was thinking a way around this might be to create an AH skin pack. People could send in skins they made or downloaded and we could zip them up into one big pack with a folder structure so you just unzip it into the main skins folder. We could periodically update the pack like every three or six months or something. That way people had the ability to tweak and improve stuff and get it out there without it becoming a chore for guys to download. It would have to be kinda organized, like ensure each skin uses the submitter's name as a prefix so it would be easier to clean out skins submitted by people who aren't around anymore.

One potential downside might be size if the pack gets too large, I dunno.

Anyways, just batting aboot ideas.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Offline _AH_Lippy

• Aces High Member
Re: BoX Skins
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 09:33:22 PM »
I like it sounds like it will work. If get to big make folders !, 2, 3 and so on. I would love to be able to skin, I have lots of time on my hands now. Dont know much about it at all. I did alot of skins for Micro Combat 1. Using Micro Paint. Made the first P-51 with red white and blue, and mine all of the lines matched.

Offline _AH_Col._Hogan

• Administrator
  • S.A.P.P.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 01:27:50 AM by _AH_Col._Hogan »