Author Topic: Win10 Updates,,, again.  (Read 124 times)

Offline _AH_z5o

• Calendar Monkey
  • Administrator
Win10 Updates,,, again.
« on: March 02, 2019, 05:01:49 PM »
~S~ Yup, it did it again. Windows updated and blew my game control settings out of the water. nothing works. All my settings are gone. My Saitek throttle drivers trashed and nonfunctional.  :unhappy-059:
Im currently re-downloading the Saitek software and drivers. Lets hope this will fix it.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

Offline _AH_Bear

• Global Moderator
  • R.I.P. August Never Forgotten
Re: Win10 Updates,,, again.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 06:10:14 PM »
yea... get windows 10 they said .. it will be great they said .. lol

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 07:13:28 PM »
Thats wierd. I've had 10 for a year now and aside from one major update last April or so that reset some sound settings, its been totally painless for me. Some crashes in other games I used to get are gone with 10 too.  :thinking-008:

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Offline _AH_z5o

• Calendar Monkey
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 03:59:13 PM »
The BIG problem I having now is I cant get my stick nor throttle to zero. Nor will they max out. Its like they need to be calibrated, but,I cant get them to do that.
Atleast I hoping that its a Windows Update issue. Around the same time. My power went out,,, hard. I thought my frig was going to blow up from all the noises it made.
My servers and PC's APC went nuts. "FLASH POP FLASH POP FLASH FLASH BANG!!!" then I was in the dark for about two hours. The servers seem to be ok. I THOUGHT my PC was fine, but, soon
after that. MS pushed down another update which afterwords I decided to check everything out. THATS when I noticed my problems. I swear I feel like I live in a 3rd world country here.

Offline _AH_BBQhead

• Administrator
  • What does that even mean, Wang?
    • Aces High
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 12:34:22 AM »
S~

Won't help now until you're settled again, but once you're back in order you can turn the update service off in the services section via the task manager.  Then when you're properly braced and in the mood for a skirmish,  at you leisure, enable the service and check for updates..maybe make a restore point just before  updating.  Then you'll at least feel like you've got some control over when the bad things are going to happen - aside from random power outages  and whatnot.. no UPS on that server rack?  :surprised-027:

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

Offline _AH_z5o

• Calendar Monkey
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 03:13:57 PM »
Ya, Ive got a UPS on my server. I think the battery is getting weak though. I dont know whats the deal with it doing this from time to time. But, I do know its a pain. S!