Korean Campaign

Started by _AH_fraggmann, March 12, 2019, 02:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

Yeah its next weeks, he says July 2nd at the top.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

That AD-4 has a 1xNuke loadout.  :thinking-008:

Doesn't seem to appear on the plane though.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on June 27, 2019, 01:32:41 AM
That AD-4 has a 1xNuke loadout.  :thinking-008:

Doesn't seem to appear on the plane though.

DW

Internal carry??

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Bear on June 27, 2019, 03:32:05 AM
Internal carry??

I don't think so, I don't believe the Skyraider has any internal storage. On the other models the nuke appears on the centerline rack.

DW

_AH_Hollywood

Are you guys likin' Korea campaign...?

I need to get patched up.... work keeps me away but there are some days in the future where I see I might be able to make it.
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_Hollywood on June 27, 2019, 09:48:53 PM

I need to get patched up.... work keeps me away but there are some days in the future where I see I might be able to make it.
Yea man its a good deal...

AH_DealnDave

S~ All,

Sorry I missed this past weeks mission, the house has kinda taken over our lives for the short term. Today the realtor is coming to take some pics and put the house up for sale ... FINALLY !!!!  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_BBQhead

Quote from: _AH_Hollywood on June 27, 2019, 09:48:53 PM

Yep. The  Korean Campaign is  a good one. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

Phantom

~S~ Gents

Permission to come aboard tonight?  I have the korea plane add-on and the rest as needed I believe. Also signed onto discord.

As a non-squad type, Im assuming you guys will put me into a slot as needed? Im ok flying any aircraft on either side.

Cheers
Klink - "Phantom, get this guy off my tail!"
Phantom - "Im trying, but I cant hit him "
Klink - "Then dont aim at him when you shoot!!!"

_AH_BBQhead

S!

You're very welcome to fly with us tonight and anytime. 

Fair warning: It's been our experience that it's not unusual to go through a  restart ( or two) as the aircraft in this campaign are somewhat unfamiliar, so a little patience is helpful in that regard.

Looking forward to seeing you there.  :drinking-42:    Scheduled start time is 9:00 PM EDT   Might be a warm up/ flight check to confirm the mission loads/runs properly for everyone shortly before  launch.   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

Phantom

Yeah, wouldnt mind a test run on my set up just to be sure.

See ya there

~S~
Klink - "Phantom, get this guy off my tail!"
Phantom - "Im trying, but I cant hit him "
Klink - "Then dont aim at him when you shoot!!!"

_AH_DarkWolf

I was tinkering with the A-26B that 1st will fly, it has a few interesting loadouts.

There is one that has 6x500lbs+4x500lbs External, so you'd get five drops of two 500 pounders.

There is also 6x500lbs+10xHVARs so you'd get three bombs drops plus five rocket shots.

Or if you want to go with fewer bomb drops but more boom there is 4x1000lbs+10xHVARs.

There are versions of the first two loadouts that add 2x175 Napalm as well, though I'm not sure if we wanna use that. This A-26B has eight nose guns but also three in each wing, so it has fourteen .50s worth of forward firing stroffage.

These loadouts seem pretty heavy for takeoff though, we'll need to mind how much runway we have ahead of us. Maybe be prepared to turn off onto the taxiway so we can position for a full takeoff run.

DW

PS - "Stroffage" should now be added to the Aces High Dictionary.

_AH_fraggmann

KC-10 Heart Break Ridge    July/09/19

Sept/13-Oct/15/1951

Sept/13th 1951

The Battle of Heartbreak Ridge was a month-long campaign in the Korean War,
lasting from the 13th of September until the 15th of October, 1951.
The site of the battle was a seven-mile-long (11-kilometer) stretch of land over three sharp peaks,
separated by steep valleys. The area is slightly north of today's Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) at the 38th Parallel
that separated the two countries on the Korean Peninsula. United Nations (UN) troops had driven back
the North Koreans and Chinese from Bloody Ridge a mile to the south, and the Communists had entrenched
themselves at Heartbreak Ridge to slow their advance. The entire offensive in the area had been initiated
by the United Nations, in an effort to disenfranchise the Communists of this important staging area
for their attacks on South Korea.

24xAD-4

2nd sqd.. Target the convoys moving east towards Heartbreak ridge.

1st & 3rd.. Target the ridges.

HQ & guests.. fill in gaps
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_fraggmann

JULY/16th/19                                Dec.01. 1951                               

MiG Alley USAF 3
                                               24xF-86A-5
                  Another trip up to Mig Alley.
                                               Remember the last time?   
                                 Here's a chance........

03.19.    Good Luck       AH fraggmann
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt