Korean Campaign

Started by _AH_fraggmann, March 12, 2019, 02:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

Are we taking off from the big concrete field tonight? Or are some guys launching from the race track?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

Or for that matter are we carrier based?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

If we're going up against those bloody migs again next week we're gonna have to rethink our approach.

First we're gonna want full internal fuel, once we drop our tanks those sabres suck fuel pretty fast. Between combat and the long flight back we'll need it.

Second the extraordinary speed advantage they seem to have makes them very hard to deal with up high. We may need to sucker them down low to give some guys a chance to dive on them from considerable height. We can also use the ground defensively as they seem pretty timid down low and will sometimes execute a loop into the ground. Getting them to turn down low then extending might give us some head-on opportunities as well.

Maybe a gamey solution but I'm not sure how else we counter these guys.

DW

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on July 11, 2019, 10:07:45 PM
If we're going up against those bloody migs again next week we're gonna have to rethink our approach.

First we're gonna want full internal fuel, once we drop our tanks those sabres suck fuel pretty fast. Between combat and the long flight back we'll need it.

Second the extraordinary speed advantage they seem to have makes them very hard to deal with up high. We may need to sucker them down low to give some guys a chance to dive on them from considerable height. We can also use the ground defensively as they seem pretty timid down low and will sometimes execute a loop into the ground. Getting them to turn down low then extending might give us some head-on opportunities as well.

Maybe a gamey solution but I'm not sure how else we counter these guys.

DW

I volunteer you for the group leader, I agree with your plan, maybe go in low and high?  i think we need to approach this as a group not 3 groups fanning into several individual efforts???

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Bear on July 11, 2019, 10:20:13 PM
I volunteer you for the group leader, I agree with your plan, maybe go in low and high?  i think we need to approach this as a group not 3 groups fanning into several individual efforts???

Maybe we could use a flight as bait to stir them up and drag them low to a certain grid then call in the rest of the group to try and jump them. Probobly be a dangerous job though.

DW

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on July 11, 2019, 10:58:24 PM
Quote from: _AH_Bear on July 11, 2019, 10:20:13 PM

Maybe we could use a flight as bait to stir them up and drag them low to a certain grid then call in the rest of the group to try and jump them. Probobly be a dangerous job though.

DW

We can send Jack in... cuz.. well ... you know.. :surprised-027:

_AH_Col._Hogan

I volunteer for low duty.

~S

Phantom

"Maybe we could use a flight as bait to stir them up and drag them low to a certain grid then call in the rest of the group to try and jump them"

Hunter-killer method....Im in!
Klink - "Phantom, get this guy off my tail!"
Phantom - "Im trying, but I cant hit him "
Klink - "Then dont aim at him when you shoot!!!"

_AH_z5o

~S~  Im feeling a bit wormy. I'll take the chance on a one way trip. I'd be more than glad to run ahead and drag as many as I can low.   :happy-112:
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Jack

_AH_DarkWolf

Jack, all he's saying is that this job will require diving down to ground level from some altitude and we want the guys to still have their wings when they get there. So having you or Twenty do this could be....problematic.

DW

_AH_Jack

Oh, that's better, I guess ... huh?

_AH_fraggmann

July/23/19                    KC-12 Triangle Hill

Oct/14-Nov/25 1952     
                                    Oct/14th 1952

24xF9F-2

The immediate American objective was Triangle Hill ,
  a forested ridge of high ground 2 kilometers (1.2 mi)
  north of Gimhwa-eup near the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).
  The hill was occupied by the veterans of the People's Volunteer Army's 15th Corps.
  Over the course of nearly a month, substantial American and South Korean forces
  made repeated attempts to capture Triangle Hill and the adjacent Sniper Ridge.
  Despite clear superiority in artillery and aircraft, escalating American and South Korean
  casualties resulted in the attack being halted after 42 days of fighting,
  with Chinese forces regaining their original positions.

Load with your choice and clear the Triangle for the ground troops

1st.Sqd attack the port side of the hills.
   2nd.Sqd  attack the center.
   3rd.Sqd  attack starboard side.
   HQ&Gst  fill in the gaps

Good Luck       AH fraggmann

At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_fraggmann on July 09, 2019, 03:09:54 PM
JULY/16th/19                                Dec.01. 1951                               

MiG Alley USAF 3
                                               24xF-86A-5
                  Another trip up to Mig Alley.
                                               Remember the last time?   
                                 Here's a chance........

03.19.    Good Luck       AH fraggmann
Tomorrow nights mission, the one fragg just posted is for next week.  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_fraggmann

The F-51 has been substituted by the F9F-2 in tonites mission #12 Triangle Hill     :happy-112:
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt