Author Topic: BOX Graphics  (Read 119 times)

Offline _AH_Col._Hogan

• Administrator
  • S.A.P.P.
BOX Graphics
« on: April 04, 2019, 04:50:45 PM »
DW, (or any one with a GeForce card) have you tweaked the 3D settings in the NVidia tool?

~S

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
Re: BOX Graphics
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 08:56:08 PM »
There is this thread that gives a little info on in game settings : https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34764-jasons-quick-guide-to-3001-graphics-smoothness/

They don't recommend applying anything via the Nvidia control panel. Its different in 1946 cause it has no in game options for AA or AF, BoX does. Generally when a game has its own setting its best to use those and not force settings externally.

Having said that I think I reflexively enabled 16x AF in the Nvidia control panel but I don't know know if it makes any difference. I've not done any testing.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 09:58:11 PM »
I tested it a bit, forcing x16 AF in the Nvidia control panel costs me about 5 fps but does show a little improvement in ground textures viewed at a sharp angle. So I dunno, mileage may vary on that one.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Offline _AH_Col._Hogan

• Administrator
  • S.A.P.P.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 12:02:27 AM »
When you say "forcing" you selecting "override application settings" in the Nvidia control panel?

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 12:18:08 AM »
Sort of, override any application setting is usually associated with AA though.

Do you have that for AF too? In my options the AF setting is just Application Controlled, Off or whatever #x setting.

Generally anytime you are setting something at the driver level you are forcing that setting on the application.

DW

Offline _AH_Col._Hogan

• Administrator
  • S.A.P.P.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 01:35:22 AM »
Ok, I'll only adjust AA and AF in the game settings.

Not much to do anyways, these graphics are incredible (roll)

S!

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 02:47:50 AM »
Yeah thats probobly best with your new comp. If you can crank things up in game and your framerate is fine don't worry about it for awhile.

DW

Offline _AH_Col._Hogan

• Administrator
  • S.A.P.P.
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 05:35:46 PM »
Check out the new city damage model for B of Bodenplate -

https://il2sturmovik.com/news/470/dev-blog-221/

~S

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 09:23:44 PM »
that's nice and all.. but I want the P-51 graphics!!!!
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941