what you think guys

Started by _AH_Gator, April 07, 2019, 02:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Hollywood

Nice rig Gator. I have similar specs and it's no sweat running BOS.

One question... what are the specs on the GTX 1060. It is 6GB or 3GB?

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Gator

lol I don't know. These are the things that I need help with

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Hollywood on April 07, 2019, 03:15:33 PM
One question... what are the specs on the GTX 1060. It is 6GB or 3GB?

Someone asked that on the Q/A page and Newegg referred them to the actual seller, CobraType Computers. Oddly enough on Cobratype's website the "Venom Gaming PC" has different stats than what is listed in that newegg link, what they are selling on Newegg actually appears to be Cobratype's "Beatbox Gaming PC"

https://www.cobratype.com/new-products/custom-gaming-pc-beatbox

Their own website listing does not mention video memory. Probobly require e-mailing them to ask.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Hollywood

Its probably a 3 GB, as the 6GB is almost half of the price of the full rig, retail.
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_DarkWolf

Yeah, thats probobly the reason they don't specify 6gb.

The model name discrepancy is wierd too.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill