Author Topic: BOX - Thursday May 2  (Read 880 times)

Offline _AH_Lippy

• Aces High Member
Re: BOX - Thursday May 2
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 05:24:19 PM »
OK I dont know what I did right but hey I aint wrong but the D9 just showed up on the Winter map. This is the fourth time I have run this map just wierd I recon. anyway sorry to bother yopu all.  :help2:

Online _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 09:02:02 PM »
The map for Bodenplatte is not out yet, right now we just have the Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and a couple other smaller ones that everyone has.

Maybe you were playing an older mission from before the D-9 came out?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Offline _AH_Lippy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 07:10:19 AM »
It was your map the winter one you loaded so we could fly on Thursday, none of this matters its all good. Thanks anyway  :surprised-027:

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
*** Re: BOX - Thursday May 16 *** Update
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 10:50:27 PM »

*** TODAY IS 16-MAY-2019 ***

With the strong chance that yet another Boston team will be in their sport's FINALS, and why bother watching the Bruins tonight... Is....

Anyone up for flying BOX tonight on one of the servers..  Unprofessionals? Finnish Air War? or the Zoo.. Tactical Air War (with their 80 pilots)...

I will be on Comms and in the Air around 9:30ish EDT / 6:30ish PDT

Woody
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Online _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2019, 12:23:07 AM »
All three of those servers appear to have pretty hardcore realism settings. No external views, no speedbar, etc.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2019, 01:11:47 AM »
All three of those servers appear to have pretty hardcore realism settings. No external views, no speedbar, etc.

DW

Well.. I like my steak RARE.... Rare but no COLD... if that's not to your liking, there is Coconut's Dynamic Campaign Normal Settings..

Trying to wrap things up here.. aiming for 9:00PM EDT
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Online _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2019, 01:49:25 AM »
if that's not to your liking, there is Coconut's Dynamic Campaign Normal Settings..

I took a look at that server, it appears to be pitch dark in the mission. Do you know how that server works? Will it change missions periodically or is it running a full day night cycle or something?

Another consideration we need to keep in mind with playing on someone else's server is the plane set. Guys who don't own everything might be kinda limited.

DW

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2019, 07:34:32 PM »

Not sure about Coconuts stuff..
I've popped in there a few times.. I know there are night missions on the "Unprofessionals" that run periodically... after your eyes settle in.. you can see.

I think once we find a server that has a wide plane set and good settings... then we can frequent it in numbers..

Offline _AH_Lippy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2019, 01:29:48 AM »
Sounds good to get some competition from other servers and or pilots. I prefer not the hard core settings and I am sorry I missed last night. I tried to set the settings in our games to custom and had a hard time finding things, but like all things we adapt and overcome. I just posted something about doing more in one other BOX postings and I am looking forward to getting my feet wet but not getting my @$$ handed to me LOL.

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2019, 01:59:59 AM »

I hear ya Lippy... We were in one.. "Normal Settings" with an airstart base and one ready on the ramp....

There were a few of us.. Hogan (In a Tank), Shrt, DW, Doc, Olds and myself..
Good quick action and wide range of planes.. I think it was called EU 1CGS Normal or something..

Offline _AH_Lippy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2019, 04:18:42 PM »
DANG CURSE YOU RESPONSIBILITIES  :happy-112:

Offline _AH_Olds

• Aces High Member
  • GM! Bring Back Olds!
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2019, 03:02:28 AM »
What version is the game up to now? I tried to run the game, and it said I needed an update. The launcher did not say that an update was available prior to this. Checked the forums, and all I can find is something about 3.012c and that the update server is only up from Friday to Monday...finally had some time to do something with this, and now this... :unhappy-059:
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2019, 03:49:01 PM »

Olds,

It should auto-upload when you open the launcher.. ask Shrt.... he's no stranger to this..

I can try and run mine tonight and see what version...… but it should do it automatically.

Maybe re-boot and launch again.

Offline _AH_Lippy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2019, 07:49:36 PM »
I should be on for tonight.

Online _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2019, 09:12:19 PM »
My version is showing 3.012c.

DW