_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Lippy

i am sorry BB I looked the track over I should have gone wide but my greedy side kicked into overdrive and I took the inside when I shouldnt have.  :idiot-0011:

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Thanks, Lippy.  It doesn't make sense that anyone would intentionally bump, so no worries. It's not like you bumped me three turns in a row or anything.  It just wasn't my night. We all get 'em once in a while.    I'm working on a new nick for ya anyway since Pudge didn't catch on too well. Bumpy+Lippy..

Lumpy? Blimpy? Blumppy? S :censored-015: Head ?   It'll come to me. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Lippy

OH CRAP LMAO  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

_AH_fraggmann

Race #6 Crazy Eight Results

Heat #1

1st.fraggmann...............10pts.
2nd.Lippy...................09
3rd.Nimble..................08
4th.BBQ.....................07
5th.Twenty..................06

Heat #2

2nd.Lippy...................09
3rd.BBQ.....................08
4th.Twenty..................07
5th.Nimble..................06

Heat #3

2nd.Nimble..................09
3rd.Twenty..................08
4th.BBQ.....................07
5th.Lippy...................06

Race totals

1st.fraggmann...............30pts.
2nd.Lippy...................24
3rd.Nimble..................23
4th.BBQ.....................22
5th.Twenty..................21

Season Totals

1st.Lippy...................160pts.
2nd.BBQ.....................134
3rd.fraggmann...............133
4th.Nimble..................101
5th.Twenty..................081
6th.Gatlin..................075
7th.Bear....................053

Race #7 Lake Ranan CV    Re 2002 1943

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdl69wdj5v8hyk5/Race%20%237%20Lake%20Ranan%20CV.rar?dl=0

At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_Nimble

Mr Fraggman...  :drinking-29:    its my duty to submit that after reviewing the 4 lap race... I  DQed on the second lap missing two pylons .. to my great regrets..... so please  put me in last place as I did not go up and come back into the course where I was out of bounds... as I also watch Lippy do on the last lap.. he went back around and came back on to the course as per rules... also .. may I add that BBQ    I believe had a damaged plane due to spawning partially on a pylon... which reduced his ability to attain full speeds on the course   otherwise noting that there was some real good racing going on behind that superfast red paint on your plane Fragg   ... sure would like a rematch on this course with the same planes ..  well done all

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Regarding Nip's post, I believe  it's the primary reason AH has the staying power it does. Gamesmanship always comes first and Nipples calling himself out as well as looking out for the other guy is another great example of it.   

As for my unlucky spawn point, I didn't notice any significant difference in speed from practice lap speeds I had run offline leading up to the race when I had clear spawn points and the speeds I was running during the race, ybe because by the time I should have been at top speed I had already whacked a few chimneys, just like I did practicing.  I'm well satisfied with the my race results as I mentioned after we had finished last night.       :drinking-42:

The only change I would like to see is the use of different objects ( that I can see ) on the left and right sides of the track. I don't think that can happen easily enough on the tracks that are already built though.  I understand that not seeing the wire towers is the root of the problem I and maybe a couple of others have due to what I'm guessing is a limitation of the graphics cards used in the machines that don't render those wire towers; and the huge amount of time it would take to edit those tracks makes it unreasonable to expect any further changes there.   
The only suggestion I can come up with is to ask that for any future tracks that are built, I might even decide to build a few someday, would be keep using the wire towers as I'm pretty sure they are used because they are the tallest object in the game, but use the Aloha Tower on the wire tower side of the track and use the Chimney  ( or possibly there's an even better object that's been added that I don't know about ) on the other side. The Aloha Tower has been used on older tracks and is slightly taller than the chimney but more importantly it makes it a lot easier to see the track more clearly than seeing only chimneys on both sides as only a couple of us do. 
Since chimneys are already on both sides of the tracks, there's no quick way to change the already built tracks, as in a one time use of the  Find and Replace feature won't change only one side of the track and it would need to be done manually for every chimney along one side of the track, it's not worth the time and trouble for already built tracks. Plus I think Fragg already took the time to edit them to add chimneys because of the inability of a couple of guys to see the wire towers so asking Fragg to edit them again is out of the question as far as I'm concerned. And I would feel bad about it even if he volunteered because I'm not willing to edit them manually and he's already spent extra time editing them.       
So to be more concise,  even though it would be  a welcome change going forward to see a different tower on each side of the tracks I'm good with the added challenge of seeing a sea of towers and going nearly crosseyed on the twistier tracks that are already built. Fragg's tracks are very well laid out tracks. They're interesting, varied,  detailed, challenging, and fun - the part that counts the most.             

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

Sounds like great racing last night,sorry I missed it,I was working on another model ship and just forgot the time.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_fraggmann

Nimble thank for your honesty. I also feel that it is not a big deal. Your going out of bounds as briefly
as you did will not really affect the out come of the race or the standings. If no one else objects and please voice your objection,
I would like to leave the results as they stand. BBQ I have no problems editing any track as many times as needed with objects
that can seen by all. I usually pick a track then go in and edit as needed before posting it.
We only had 5 racers last night. If you other 4 racers would like to run this race over, please vote here "Yay" or "Nay"
and we shall go with the majority. And BBQ I will go in and remove that chimney. I agree with Nimble, spawning into the
chimney probably did cause F/M damage.
These are the choices I'm offering.. Re-do the race or keep the results as they are... (wavey)   

_AH_Nimble

Im good with whatever you all decide....  but I would like to sometime run this track and planes again... was really fun  thanks fragg

_AH_Lippy

So why did I go out and come back in for.

_AH_Nimble

because you did it according to the rules.... I did not deserve any extra points for 2nd.... I was actually after you ... as I said

_AH_fraggmann

Race #7 Lake Ranan CV results.

Heat #1

1st.Nimble............10pts.
2nd.Twenty............09
3rd.BBQ...............08
4th.Lippy.............07
5th.fraggmann.........06
6th.Gatlin............05
7th.Gator.............04

Heat #2

1st.Lippy.............10pts.
2nd.Twenty............09
3rd.BBQ...............08
4th.Gator.............07
5th.Nimble............06
6th.fraggmann.........05
    Gatlin...........DNS

Heat #3

2nd.Twenty............09
3rd.Nimble............08
4th.Gator.............07
5th.fraggmann.........06
6th.BBQ...............05
    Gatlin...........DNS

Race Totals

1st.Lippy.............27pts.
1st.Twenty............27
2nd.Nimble............24
3rd.BBQ...............21
4th.Gator.............18
5th.fraggmann.........17
6th.Gatlin............05

Season Totals

1st.Lippy.............187pts.
2nd.BBQ...............155
3rd.fraggmann.........150
4th.Nimble............125
5th.Twenty............108
6th.Gatlin............080
7th.Gator.............018

Race #8 AH-Light Speed (Looooong D/L)

J2M5

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqwz8703za82pj8/Race%20%238%20AH_Light%20Speed.rar?dl=0

_AH_Lippy

Being this is the biggest track I assuming the laps will be the same as last time 1, 2 and 3   :give-me-beer-0034:

_AH_fraggmann

My apologies Twenty. Will fix ASAP...

_AH_fraggmann

Race #8 AH_Light Speed 09.13.17

Heat #1

1st.BBQ...............10pts.
2nd.fraggmann.........09
3rd.Twenty............08
4th.Nimble............07
5th.Lippy.............06
6th.DickeyBoy.........05
7th.ShortAp...........04
8th.Bear..............03
9th.Z50...............02

Heat #2

2nd.fraggmann.........09
3rd.Nimble............08
4th.DickeyBoy.........07
5th.Z50...............06
6th.Twenty............05
7th.BBQ...............04
8th.ShortAp...........03
9th.Bear..............02

Heat #3

1st.DickeyBoy........10pts.
2nd.BBQ..............09
3rd.Lippy............08
4th.Twenty...........07
5th.Nimble...........06
6th.fraggmann........05
   .Bear............DNS
   .ShortAP.........DNS
   .Z50.............DNS

Race Totals

1st.Lippy............24pts.
2nd.BBQ..............23
2nd.fraggmann........23
3rd.DickeyBoy........22
4th.Nimble...........21
5th.Twenty...........20
6th.Z50..............08
7th.ShortAP..........07
8th.Bear.............05

Season Totals

1st.Lippy...........211pts.
2nd.BBQ.............178
3rd.fraggmann.......173
4th.Nimble..........146
5th.Twenty..........128
6th.Gatlin..........080
7th.Bear............058
8th.DickeyBoy.......044
9th.Z50.............033
10th.Ring............031
11th.ShortAP........028
12th.Gator..........018
13th.AH_50..........007
14th.DLNDave........003

Race #9 F7 Pull My Finger...Spitfire F VIII CW '43
   https://www.dropbox.com/s/mibr3gvi9psl4ez/Race%20%239%20F7%20Pull%20My%20Finger.rar?dl=0