_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BBQhead

mwuhuhahahahaaa...  i was mostly concerned about the runway and the start..

I was just trying to make a course with a few hills..  then i had to find a path that had no invisible trees .. and excepting the two or three crossover turns which are basically little circles or ovals, it's right then left then right then left..

As is normal racing protocol on the hilly courses, some leniency will be granted coming over the top of a hill.. some, meaning a little..just  get back down quickly.. but the bottom of a hill is where you will be DQ'd for sure if you're too high. Being too high at the bottom of a hill is a big no no as that is, for all intents and purposes, the same as short cutting a turn. 

To avoid DQ's, fly near the pillars on one side or the other of the track and you can be sure that you're not too high quite easily that way. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Twisted

Quote from: _AH_Gonzo on September 16, 2009, 06:20:24 PM
Had a chance to test out BBQ's track finally.

While it is very cool, some one kindly disable his mission builder please!!!!!

I'm starting a betting pool on how many guys survive or do not get disqualified by the end of a race. 0 is already taken!

After finally having enough time to try the track out, I'm not betting on DQ's as much as DNF's.  However I do agree with your disabling part lol.

That track is just plain and simply EVIL!  :help2:

_AH_BBQhead

S~.

Sorry about Saturday night's Race Fiasticle.  Spent most of the day trying to correct thing. I think i've got it to where it'll work as it should.

There's been no change whatsoever to the layout of the  course, i've added another spawn point to the base and added some additional  course markers, especially to  the 'easy to miss turn'.   

The overhead markers i was hoping to add  at the tops of hills was not doable in any kind of reasonable fashion, so those won't be there.

I still want to test the map for spawn problems.  We'll need a lot of people  to spawn and taxi around a bit.

I don't want to post the latest revision until we've tested it, but since there are no changes to the  layout of the track, it won't affect anyone's practice laps. If you want to practice, you can use the practice track that's currently in the View Downloads section.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Twisted

Sounds good BBQ. Thank you for all your hard work on this track.

~S~

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. we tested the newest version of the track and it was semi successful.

It's available for DL in the view downloads section.  The file names are the same, so when/if you DL it, select yes to all when asked to overwrite when putting it into your folder inside the dogfight folder. 

The limited number of planes permitted on the spawn base means we will have to air start on saturday.  There was no way to work around it without changing the course, which i really didn't want to do.  So it will be  air start  (on saturday), land, line up.. race.

Improvements made: red and blue markers on the turns, better intersection markers, and an additional spawn point. NO changes to the layout of the  course was made.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  After  a rather Challenging night of Racing, the results are in.  Another great night of racing thrills.
Some really impressive passing as well as engine and course management was on display.
*Special Note: Due to anomalies in the recorded tracks (planes sliding underground, upside down, etc.) and the challenging mature of the course, no DQ's were applied as any seen were very minor and they did not improve any  of the racers positions at the finish.

Recorded Tracks can be downloaded from here: http://cid-e03b9451bd4b6b4e.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Mid%2009%20Race%203%20Tracks

Practice track for Race 4 is available in the View Downloads section.  

Race 3 Results

Heat 1

Moggy....15
Rgaa.....10
BBQ...... 8
Dave..... 6

DNF
Rgaa
TD
Twisted
Olds

Heat 2

Twisted..15
Moggy....10
Ring..... 8
Olds..... 6

DNF
TD
Dave
Rgaa
BBQ

Heat 3

Twisted..15
Moggy....10
BBQ...... 8
Rgaa..... 6
Ring..... 3
TD....... 3
Olds..... 3

DNF
Dave
Moby
Dev

***Totals for Race 3***

Moggy....35
Twisted..30
Rgaa.....16
BBQ......16
Ring.....11
Olds..... 9
Dave..... 6
TD....... 3

***Season Totals after Race 3***

Moggy.....103
Twisted... 79
BBQ....... 54
Olds...... 24
Archie.... 23
Ring...... 22
Rgaa...... 22
Gonzo..... 18
Prop...... 12
Dev,,,,,,,  9
Dave......  6
TD........  3  

_AH_Twisted

_AH_Twisted

Racing League Page updated today
~S~

_AH_BBQhead

S~. The results of last night's races are in.  High speed track by Archie was lots of fun. Practice Track #5 is available in the View Downloads section.  It's a brand new track designed by Rgaa..Seafires on the NEW Criss Cross track.

Race 4 Results

Heat 1

Gonzo....15
Twisted..10
Moggy.... 8
Rgaa..... 6

DNF
Archie
BBQ
TD
AD2

Olds- DQ

Heat 2

Twisted..15
Moggy....10
BBQ...... 8
Archie... 6

DNF
Rgaa
AD2
Gonzo
TD

Olds-DQ

Heat 3

Twisted..15
Gonzo....10
Moggy.... 8
Rgaa..... 6
Archie... 3
Olds..... 3

DNF
AD2
BBQ

****Totals for Race 4 ****

Twisted..40
Moggy....26
Gonzo....25
Rgaa.....12
Archie... 9
BBQ...... 8
Olds..... 3
TD....... 0
AD2...... 0

****Season Totals After 4 Races****

Moggy.....129
Twisted...119
BBQ....... 62
Gonzo..... 43
Rgaa...... 34
Archie.... 32
Olds...... 27
Ring...... 22
Prop...... 12
Dev,,,,,,,  9
Dave......  6
TD........  3

I've uploaded the recorded tracks for any one that wants to see them.
http://cid-e03b9451bd4b6b4e.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Mid%20Race%2009%20Race%204%20tracks

_AH_Twisted

I've updated the racing scoreboards.
~S~

_AH_Twisted

PODS may I have some of what you were on when you made this track please!
(kooky)
~S~

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  The results from Race 5 are in.

Another fun night of racing and the season is at the halfway mark.  The practice track for race 6 is available in the View Downloads section. I'll upload the tracks from heats 1 and 2 shortly... There unfortunately is no track from heat 3.  and post I'll post a link to the tracks once they're up.

Race 5 Results

Heat 1

Moggy....15
Twisted..10
Ring..... 8
Rgaa..... 6
Gonzo.... 3
Dev...... 3
Olds..... 3

DNF
BBQ
Archie

Heat 2

Twisted..15
Rgaa.....10
Moggy.... 8
Ring..... 6
Dev...... 3
Gonzo.... 3
BBQ...... 3

DNF

Olds
Archie

Heat 3

BBQ......15
Rgaa.....10
Moggy.... 8

DNF
Dev
Ring
Gonzo
Archie
Olds
Twisted

*****Totals for Race 5*****

Moggy....31
Rgaa.....26
Twisted..25
BBQ......18
Ring.....14
Gonzo.... 6
Dev...... 6
Olds..... 3
Archie... 0

*****Season Totals after Race 5*****

Moggy.....160
Twisted...144
BBQ....... 80
Rgaa...... 60
Gonzo..... 49
Ring...... 36
Archie.... 32
Olds...... 30
Dev,,,,,,, 15
Prop...... 12
Dave......  6
TD........  3

_AH_Twisted

Updated the Racing Scoreboards.
~S~

_AH_BBQhead

S~ Racing was postponed last night.  The required minimum number of racers were not present.

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Another night of Racing is complete.  Good tight racing on a fast course.
  Race 7 is scheduled for next Saturday on  brand new course designed and built by _AH_Gonzo.
 It is available for practice ( highly recommended) in the View Downloads Section.

I've uploaded the recorded tracks here: http://cid-e03b9451bd4b6b4e.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Mid%20Race%2009%20%5E37

And here are the results:

Race 6

Heat 1

Twisted..15
Gonzo....10
BBQ...... 8
Dev...... 6
Rgaa..... 3
Ring..... 3
Doc...... 3
Olds..... 3

TD- DQ

Heat 2

Ring.....15
Rgaa.....10
Gonzo.... 8

DNF
Dev
Doc
BBQ
Twisted
Olds

TD-DQ

Heat 3

Twisted..15
BBQ......10
Dev...... 8
Ring..... 6
Gonzo.... 3
Rgaa..... 3
Doc...... 3

DNF
TD
Olds

******Race 6 Results******

Twisted..30
Ring.....24
Gonzo....21
BBQ......18
Rgaa.....16
Dev......14
Doc...... 6
Olds..... 3
TD....... 0

******Season Totals after Race 6******

Twisted...174
Moggy.....160
BBQ....... 98
Rgaa...... 76
Gonzo..... 70
Ring...... 60
Olds...... 33
Archie.... 32
Dev,,,,,,, 29
Prop...... 12
Dave......  6
Doc.......  6
TD........  3