_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_taldrg

~S~ In my practice runs I notice that there are two turns that just beg you to fly WAY above the stacks. Will this DQ the pilot for that run???
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_BBQhead

way above will get you disqualified.   try to keep below the balloons.. on this course the balloons are higher, so picture a line drawn across the track from the balloons to the stacks.. keep at least one wingtip below that line.  the DQ will be waived if you are forced  to go above to avoid an out of control plane..as long as you make your best effort to get back in bounds as quickly as possible.   

there are a couple places on the track where there are invisible trees under you.. making the stacks and balloons effectively shorter..  but you'll just have to be more careful there.

and over the crests of a couple of hills there are immediate downhill spots..  there will be some leniency if the out of bounds is minimal.   

the altitude rule is most strictly enforced  at the last stack before you start climbing again.   if you fly over that one, you're shortening the track and not having to climb as far as if you were below the line there.   
and when you're in  the  turns altitude is closely watched.. keep at least a  wingtip below that line from the balloons to the stacks.

and just an fyi.. most all  of the DQ's last week were for being on the wrong side of the pylons, not for flying too high.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_BBQhead

S~ The Results from Race 4 are in...

Race 4 Results

Heat 1

Moggy   15
Rgaa     10
TalDrg     8

DNF
Olds  - DQ
Dev   - DQ
Foxbat
BBQ
Marius

Heat 2

Foxbat  15
Ring      10
Moggy     8

DNF
TalDrg- DQ
Dev    - DQ
BBQ
Rgaa
Marius
Olds

Heat 3

BBQ    15
Ring    10

DNF
Rgaa  - DQ
Olds
TalDrg
Moggy
Fox
Dev
Marius
Zipzag

Totals for race 3:

Moggy   23
Ring      20
BBQ      15
Foxbat  15
Rgaa     10
TalDrg     8

Points totals for The Season:

Moggy     108
Fox           89
BBQ          63
Marius      45
Ring         45
Rgaa        37
Olds         27
TalDrag     8
Shrtpch     6

Rudi          8

Really fun racing last night. all. 

Race 5 will be :  P38L's  on a brand new track.  Dev has his computer up and running again and built this one for us. I've to add the brief and then i'll put it in the DL section so everyone has a chance to practice.  Practice on this one is highly recommended.  There are two turns on the track where you will crash if you don't. .  They are well marked, but if you've not seen them before bad things will happen when you get there.       

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Well ... there is a slight delay in getting the track available.. i'm unable to edit it in any way.. can't seem to add the brief.. waiting to hear back from Dev.. hopefully it's a simple fix..

worst comes to worst i have another track from the grab bag worked up, so  whichever track we'll use will be posted by sometime tonight.

Update.. finally got the brief to go in  (kooky)...  but i need to host this one with as many people on line as possible.. a test for spawn points. .. don't want to have any of that ' fifth  guy to  join will always explode when he tries to come in' nonsense..   will be a quick test..  spawn.. stay in til everyone spawns.. and we're done.   Once i'm sure that works.. i'll make it available.

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Race Track 5 is available in the downloads section.

It's called Death Trap.   We'll be flying P38L's.   

_AH_Ring

BB if I got 10 points in heat 2 race 4....and 10 points in heat 3 in race 4....how come I only got 10 points total?

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Thanks, Ring..  that was a mistake..  it's corrected now.

_AH_Deviant

Death Trap...I like the name...in a maniacal sort of way. (6)

Don't forget to use the airbrake for the tight corners!

_AH_BBQhead

S~ The official results from Race 5 are in.

Next week's track is available for download in the downloads section. 

I 153's  on a hilly canyony kind of course..

Race 5 Results

Heat 1

Foxbat  15
Rgaa     10
Moggy     8
Ring         6
Gator       3

DNF
Dev   
BBQ
Bong
Duck
Viper

Heat 2

Foxbat  15
Dev       10
Ring        8

DNF
BBQ
Duck
Moggy
Viper
Rgaa
Bong
Bow
Gator

Heat 3

Foxbat  15
Moggy   10
Ring        8
BBQ        6

DNF
Rgaa
Dev
Gator
Bow
Duck

Totals for Race 5:

Foxbat  45
Ring      22
Moggy  18
Dev      10
Rgaa    10
BBQ       6
Gator     3

Points totals for The Season:

Fox          133
Moggy     126
BBQ          69
Ring          67
Rgaa         47
Marius      45
Olds         27
Dev          10
TalDrag      8
Shrtpch      6
Gator         3

Rudi       8

_AH_Deviant

Let me tell you, that was a wild one! (tongue)

_AH_BBQhead

S~. 

A defect in the track has been found .. on the final hill climb, if you fly near the right side, you'll strike an invisible obstacle.working on getting it corrected.. will post when the fix has been made and it is  available... in the mean time.. stay left and high when going up the hill.     

_AH_BBQhead

S~. The corrected practice track is available for download.. 

_AH_taldrg

~S~   I DLd the fixed one and crashed by (gun fire it says) twice at the same place. ????????

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. I redownloaded the track i posted and i a not getting a crash.. sounds like you might have two tracks with the same name in your folder.. orr you didn't get the updated one in there correctly.. try deleting any AH 409 Up and Down files you can find in there.. then re copy the updated files.. three of them.. into  a folder inside your net/dogfight folder.

_AH_taldrg

~S~    My BAD. Track is OK. It was me runnung into the ground. Now my other eye is going.