_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Archie

Im starting to feel racey already and still got 2 weeks to wait......

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Lippy

Well if you twist my arm just a little more I might admit that I too was pokin fun.  :help2:

_AH_BBQhead

S~

As Requested, the same track with more markers at the intersections.  No pylons have been moved, or any other changes made.. just more markers at the intersections.. and a new name..  "R2"  has been added to both the file name and the name of the mission, indicating Revision 2.

Here's the link:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=e03b9451bd4b6b4e&resid=E03B9451BD4B6B4E!893&parid=E03B9451BD4B6B4E!892   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_taldrg

~S~
     Darn....I DLd the race track...put it in folder "RACING" on my desk top and now I forgot where to put it and how to do it. One more month and I start 87 and I am starting to feel it too.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

TD, Unzip it and put both files in a folder inside the missions/net/dogfight  folder.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_taldrg

~S~
      Got it BBQ. Thanks...ya bailed me out again....as always.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Ouch!...spoke too soon...I put it in after my last post and it don't show up in dogfight folder.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

The files need to be inside of a folder in the dogfight folder.   There are two ways to put them in so you can't see them.  1. Put them directly into the Dogfight folder without a folder containing them.. and 2.  Have them inside a folder that's inside a folder that in the Dogfight folder..  Look in your dogfight folder, and see where the other missions that are showing up are..  then either put the two downloaded and extracted files for the race in that folder with other mission files... or create a new folder and name it something like "Racing" and put the two files in there. 

For instance inside my dogfight folder are several other folders, Folder 1, Folder 2, Folder 3, Folder 4, Pacific fighters.. and  a couple that I've added.. one of which I named "Races".     I put the files for the races,  ( can you guess where?)  That's right!  in the "Races"  folder ( but i could have just put them in any of the other folders as long as i remember which one.)   

Once I start the game and go to create the room.. after being sure I'm launching a "dogfight" I select the "Races" folder, then I can click on the race map that I want. 

So  remember, the files need to be  inside of a folder inside the Dogfight Folder.
If the files are not in a folder, or buried  inside  too many folders inside of folders - and you won't see the files/ map in the game. Computers are fussy that way.   

_AH_Nimble

:help-sos-sos-29402: :help2:........been trying to put my racing skin for the seafire into the right place... but it wont show up.... its a nice skin ...can someone pls give short directions as to instructions.... heres what I did... I opened the zipped files for the skins... then copied them ... then inserted them into the correct seafire model...... local disc C...IL2 games...3.0RC4....paintschemes...skins.....folder seafireII50..... and they done show.... gosh.... I know how TD feels sometimes....Help ??? anyone.... its a great skin too... ghostbear made up for me

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Sorry, Nipples I'd help you if I could, but i don't even have a seafireII50 folder in my Skins folder.

_AH_gatlingun

~S Nimble

I put a skin in mine but didn't really like it. Didn't have any problems though. The only difference I can see in your post is this "seafire MKII50"
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Here is what they looked loke on deck.

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/unitedkingdom/aircraft/fighter/supermarine-seafire.asp

scrool down and click the colored picture. The aircraft was a "Supermarine Seafire IIC" and the number 50 only ment it was equiped with a Merlin 50 engine.

_AH_DarkWolf

Yeah double check that folder name Nimb-nuts. Should be "SeafireMkII50".

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Great Season opener, guys. Was extra fun racing with the HA guys again. And Welcome, CPS  to AH racing. Doesn't feel right referring to any one as new since everyone had obviously been around racing before judging by how fast they were.   With any luck  some, or all, of the CPS that raced last night, had as much fun as I did and will be back for more.

Just an fyi for those that offered to email their recorded tracks of last night's festivities,  mine seem to be pretty good. Good enough to use for reviewing anyway.  Thanks for offering, but for today I'm ok using the ones I have and shouldn't need yours this time around.   

Scoring will be posted and the next Race Course will be made available for download some time later today.. probably late afternoon.. maybe this evening..   as soon as I can get it all done and ready.. got a few real life things to fit in today, too.

HA_50

:banned:

Real Life is Overrated