_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CPS_GreyFox

Sorry to see that the summer racing is cancelled. I've been working a new job and totally slammed on the weekends with around the house duties... Haven't spoken to Ghostbear in a while I will give him a call ASAP and report back. Last time I spoke to him he was his usual self with no issues from the surgery. Hope this post finds you all well. Looking to replace a lot of my simming gear to get ready for the new IL2 Sturmovik - Battle of Stalingrad coming out this holiday season.

Cheers!

GreyFox
-Check your 6!

_AH_Lippy

~S~ GreyFox we usually hold racing in the spring and fall time frame. I wenton vacation which it was agreed to hold racing till I came back which put us into the Summer. I am glad to hear about GhostBear, we all have been praying for him and wonder about his condition so thanks for the update. I will repost your post to a new post.

_AH_Lippy

~S~ Fellow racers, I am looking for suggestions on the day and time to hold raceing. I am trying to maximize the number of particapants. It was sugested by Jack to hold it on Wednesday, there appears to be a few AH members flying on Wed. I can for go my workout routine and host Practice at 2100 EST and racing at 2200 EST, which actually isnt a bad idea. So please place your sugestions here. I am considering the 2nd or 3rd week of October to start racing. Nimble wants to take a leave of absence and come up to Washington State, so in all fairness to him I will start after he returns home. Feel free gents.

_AH_Deacon

When up to your eyes in manure DONT OPEN YOUR MOUTH

_AH_Jack

Tuesday ( before campaign) or Wednesday for me.

_AH_BBQhead

s~

Same as Jack for me - Tuesday or Wednesday and I should be able to make some of them.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Archie

I will try to make some on any day.

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Lippy

Well thats three for Wednesday, Tuesday is out of the question for me wont be home in time to host. Keep the votes comming.   :sleep-058:

_AH_Mustang

Wed. is good but any night is good for me.

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   Any day but Wed. for me. I have Bible study that night at church but I could get in on the 2nd or 3rd run which would be OK for me 'cause I never win anyhow.

TD
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Lippy

Never say never TD.  :happy-112:

_AH_Lippy

Since Nimble is coming up here this weekend we will start air racing on 10/16/13 at 2100 EST. I am open to plane suggestions, if you have a particualar plane set in mind I will check it out. Thanks guys and I hope that we can maintain minimum of 4 racers each night. So if want to race pls try to commit to it. I understand Archie and BBQ situations.

_AH_gatlingun

~S  Lip
Is 2100 the actual start time or is that practice?
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_Lippy

Practice is at 2100 EST and the first heat will be at 2200 EST the first track will be available for download on no later than Wed. 9th but i should have by this Sunday after fnf.

_AH_Lippy

Before I type in the track and plane I think a review of the rules are in order, they are as follows. BBQ Archie if see something I missed please mention it.

1> The Aces High Racing League will consist of ten races each featuring three heats of varying length depending on the circuit being raced. One race will be held per week.
NOTE: Race dates may vary due to squadron commitments so please pay attention to the calendar on the Aces High main page.

2> The tracks and corresponding files will be released one week prior to the race. The race circuits will vary greatly in length, terrain, type, etc

3> Custom skins are encouraged and welcome for use. The louder, the better but Aces High policy still stands as per the Code Of Conduct. Material considered to be in poor taste or offensive will not be permitted.

4> Races will be flown in "Open cockpit" with "vulnerability" set to "Off. This is meant to reduce the chance of collisions and any damaged caused by aircraft explosions. For the purpose of these races clouds will
be turned "Off" in an effort to improve frame rates.

5> All participating pilots MUST be on Ventrilo. Trash talk (To an extent), is encouraged. While not mandatory, pilots should communicate their intent to pass and give out their position in relation to other
participating aircraft to whom they may not be visible.

6> Should any single incident during the start of a race cause 4 or more aircraft to crash or sustain damage, the heat will be restarted.  The "Start of a race"  is refering to the area from the start
line to the end of the first turn..   There will be no midrace restarts, with the exception of a host disconnection problem.  Individual stutters, malfunctioning controls, tossings to the desktop and the
like will not be cause for restarting a race.

7> All of the race tracks will have specific instructions and rules that must be adhered to. Failure to comply may result in a pilot being disqualified. These rules will be featured in the mission briefing.

8> A committee of 3 judges (That are allowed to partake in the racing league) will be organized. This committee is expected to view race videos and decide on any disputes that should arise.
Any ruling of a judge is final and dispute decisions will be based on a vote basis. All races will be recorded and reviewed and any dispute, should there be any, decided upon.

9> If a pilot crashes during a heat, he can take no further part in that heat and must wait for the next one. No points will be awarded to a crashed pilot no matter what position they were occupying at the end
of the race. Crash landing with no damage to the aircraft constitutes a crash and will be treated as such. Any pilot re-spawning during a heat after crashing WILL be penalized.
A pilot may also be penalized for causing undue delays while lining up for the start.

10> This is meant to be both a training exercise (Learning how to push an aircraft to it's limits) and the same time enjoyable. While winning is fun, flying with your friends and having a good belly laugh
should be equally, if not more so, important. Any pilot forgetting this may be asked to cease taking part in future races.

11> Going out of bounds means at any one point in the race your aircraft breaches the hieght on the objects to eather side (draw a straight line across from one side the oposite side) if the downward wing tip
excededs this point EXCEPT when discussed before the race or more than half of the aircraft goes out side the sideways boundary you must exit and reenter at the point or close to it as humanly possible to avoid
gaining any advantage, if you do not exit and reenter it is grounds for a disqualification of that heat.

12> This racing league will be subject to the wishes and decisions of the Aces High command staff. Rules may be changed, modified, or nullified at their discretion without prior warning.

Points are as follows

1st heat
1st - 15
2nd - 12
3rd - 10
4th -  9
5th -  8
6th -  7
7th -  6
8th -  5
9th -  4   
10th - 4
11th - 4
etc..- 4
2nd heat
1st - 16
2nd - 13
3rd - 11
4th - 10
5th -  9
6th -  8
7th -  7
8th -  6
9th -  5   
10th - 5
11th - 5
etc..- 5
3rd heat
1st - 17
2nd - 14
3rd - 12
4th - 11
5th - 10
6th -  9
7th -  8
8th -  7
9th -  6   
10th - 6
11th - 6
etc..- 6
DNF - 2 points
DQ - 0

Ok the first race of this season will a fast but on a long track, I am having a hard time deciding if to run 1,2,&3 laps or 2,3,&4 laps. I think since we will not be rushed for time to end the nights racing in under 1 hour as in the past I am going to call it 2, 3, and 4 lap heats. I think it will be fun and a test of survival skills on this track. The track is Tanks A Lot with the KI-84 IIc a fast bird and very nimble one (no pun intended Nimble)  :lol If any objection to this please feel free we can always shorten the laps.
Again practice will open on the 16th a wed. night at 2100 EST 1800 PT ( no standard this time BB :lol )
The link for the track is here
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7cd999872472e6dc#cid=7CD999872472E6DC&id=7CD999872472E6DC!2124
Lets all remember rule number 10 and have a load of fun remember to be polite to one another and never try to get in anyone's head.  :lol