_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Twisted

The fix has been posted BBQ. Dev and yourself went through the hassles to find what was wrong and offer the fix in the downloads. It's also been talked about on vent. Should be no reason for those racing to have not "fixed" the problem  :happy-026:

The "rally" style sounds like a hoot. As far as check points that would be hard to realistically control and keep it fun.

I'd like to add a suggestion of using ground smoke of some sort or something that is visible from a distance where you have to either fly through it or around it on a stated side. This would not only challenge your ability to trim the plane out for max performance but navigational. We could still use the current settings if it is decided.

We could do either staggered starts, harder to referee unless we have a people willing to sit and stop watch it, or we could use a single all start and still run a first to finish by either crossing a finish line or first to land and come to a complete stop.
Penalties could be based on missing a "check or waypoint", breaking your gear off, bumping (would be no need to fly that close to someone), bend your prop, etc. Penalties from DQ to time. It really leaves a lot of flexibility either way.

_AH_Olds

I ran the downloaded practice track this morning, and the WEP worked. You can really hear it come into it when you kick it in.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. th first thought i had for the rally was to have waypoints put in, but no minimap path and use a plane with one of those automated pointy things..  each player would then keep an individual track..

using the timer that's displayed when watching the track.. could then email a list of the times when he started, and then each time the APT ( automatic Pointy Thing)  changed heading, indicating a waypoint was reached..

but then i realized that would have to be a coop map to have waypoints.. lol.. 

i really don't have a suggestion for the rally scoring.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.

The results for Race 8 are in! 

Heat 1

Ring.......15
Dev........10
Rgaa....... 8
Archie..... 6
TD......... 3
Twisted.... 3

BBQ
OLds
Turbo

Heat 2

BBQ........15
Ring.......10
Archie..... 8
Olds....... 6
Dev........ 3
TD......... 3

Twisted
Rgaa
Turbo

Heat 3

Archie.....15
Ring.......10
Twisted.... 8
Dev........ 6
BBQ........ 3
Olds....... 3
Rgaa....... 3
TD......... 3
Shrt....... 3

********Race 8 Summary********

Ring.......35
Archie.....29
Dev........19
BBQ........18
Rgaa.......11
Twisted....11
TD......... 9
Olds....... 9
Short...... 3

Season totals after Race 8.

Ring......150
Archie....147
BBQ.......132
Twisted...129
Rgaa......114
Foxbat.... 77
Stiffy.... 56
Doc....... 50
Gonzo..... 41
Dev....... 41
TD........ 33
Olds...... 24
Shrt......  6
Boosher...  6
Auto......  3
Nimble....  3
Toccs.....  3

Next week's practice track is available for Download in the View Downloads area.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_taldrg

~S~ DANG.....missed the cut buy 8 points. Should never have found out what WEP was.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Deviant

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on April 20, 2009, 01:09:32 PM
S~.

The results for Race 8 are in! 

********Race 8 Summary********

Ring.......35
Archie.....29
Dev........19
BBQ........18
Rgaa.......11
Twisted....11
TD......... 9
Olds....... 9
Short...... 3

No race breakdown? I was curious to the positioning because, well, one race I was rather in the dust. (kooky)

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  Thought i had copied and pasted it all in.. musta missed the individual heats.. they're posted now. 

_AH_BBQhead

The results from Race 9 are in!..

*********Race 9*********

Heat 1

Archie.....15
Rgaa.......10
Foxbat..... 8
Twisted.... 6
Gonzo...... 3
Ring....... 3
BBQ........ 3

Dev...dnf

Heat 2

Rgaa.......15
Foxbat.....10
Archie..... 8
BBQ........ 6
Ring....... 3
Dev........ 3
Twisted.... 3
Gonzo...... 3

Heat 3

Gonzo......15
Ring.......10
Rgaa....... 8
BBQ........ 6

Archie....dnf
Foxbat....dnf
Twisted...dnf
Dev.......dnf

*********Race 9 Summary*********

Rgaa.......33
Archie.....23
Gonzo......21
Foxbat.....18
Ring.......16
BBQ........15
Twisted.... 9
Dev........ 3

*********Season Points Totals After Race 9*********

Archie....170
Ring......166
Rgaa......147
BBQ.......147
Twisted...138
Foxbat.... 95
Gonzo..... 62
Stiffy.... 56
Doc....... 50
Dev....... 44
TD........ 33
Olds...... 24
Shrt......  6
Boosher...  6
Auto......  3
Nimble....  3
Toccs.....  3

good night of racing, guys.. some of the best i've seen this season. 
  If you want to watch the tracks, you can get em here: http://cid-e03b9451bd4b6b4e.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public  

Next week's track should be available some time later today.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.

This season's final race practice track is available in the view downloads section.

Practice this one.. there's a turn that'll kill you if you don't..

there is a start/finish pole on the right side to warn you  as you head into "the turn".

track designed by _AH_Archie.

_AH_Twisted

What a night of racing!

First I'd like to thank EVERYONE for the season. The map builders like my call sign, "Twisted"  :lol-053: . We certainly had some interesting nights of racing.

In a sad way it will be nice to take a short break, at least for me. With time during the week limited it will give me a much needed time to focus on RL things. With that said I am looking forward to the summer season also. I do have a few ideas for some truely "evil" tracks I will submit for consideration.

~S~

_AH_Gonzo

Great racing last night. Congratulations to this year's winners!

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_BBQhead

S~ . Great racing this season, guys.  Congrats to Archie, Ring, and Twisted who finished 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively.

here are the particulars from race 10.. the season final..

**********Race 10**********

Heat 1

Gonzo.....15
Archie....10
Twisted... 8
Foxbat.... 6

TD........dnf
BBQ.......dnf
Prop......dnf
Ring......dnf
Olds......dnf

Heat 2

Twisted...15
Archie....10
Ring...... 8
Foxbat.... 6
Prop...... 3

TD........dnf
BBQ.......dnf
Gonzo.....dnf
Olds......dnf

Heat 3

Archie....15
Ring......10
BBQ....... 8

Prop......dnf
Gonzo.....dnf
Twisted...dnf
Olds......dnf
Foxbat....dnf
Viper.....dnf

**********Race 10 Summary*********

Archie....35
Twisted...23
Ring......18
Gonzo.....15
Foxbat....12
BBQ....... 8
Prop...... 3

************Season's Final Standings************

Archie....205
Ring......184
Twisted...161
BBQ.......155
Rgaa......147
Foxbat....107
Gonzo..... 77
Stiffy.... 56
Doc....... 50
Dev....... 44
TD........ 33
Olds...... 24
Shrt......  6
Boosher...  6
Auto......  3
Nimble....  3
Toccs.....  3
Prop......  3 

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Missed the cut by 11 points you   :idiot-0011:
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_BBQhead

S~ The new season will open this coming Saturday. Practice track available in the view Downloads section.

for those that are new to racing,  "Cockpit always on" will be turned off enabling wonder woman view. Maximum altitude it the top of the course markers.

There is one correction to the Practice track brief.  In the brief it says to line up facing north east.. that is incorrect. Line up facing SOUTH.

_AH_Prop

Oh sweet!

Ill try and make it for Saturday, is it ok if I open a practise server sometime during the week (passworded of course) so we can get some laps in?