_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BBQhead

S~ Racers..

The uploads module is still broken so I've emailed you the track we'll be using this Saturday for the final race of the season..

If you didn't get it let me know and I'll  get it to you some other way.   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Twisted

~S~

I see the last race of the season was postponed until Dec 12. I'm just wondering if it is the same track and plane that was planned for Dec 5th.

_AH_BBQhead

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_BBQhead

AH Racing is looking for some one to volunteer administrating the next racing season. Duties include track and plane selection, race reviewing for finishing order and DQ's of those who flew too high or went off course, and settling any disputes that might arise.

_AH_Deviant

If we can do this on a Saturday for the races, I'll volunteer. My only free days a week are Tuesdays and Saturdays, and I'm itching to get back in the pilot's seat. :)

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Saturday always was race day.. so i don't see any reason to change it..

Thanks for volunteering, Dev.. Looks like we have a racing admin.. Woo hoo!

_AH_Deviant

Oh...wait...wha? Oh crap, I...

...'ll take the honor. :)

Just e-mail me anything of importance, with a recommended startdate, and I'll get to work. (glasses)

_AH_Doc

_AH_taldrg

~S~                               Oh ya...
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Deviant

Oh yes...

Alright, it's time to prepare for  _AH_ Racing Summer League 2010!

For starters, I'd like to start off by thanking you all for the honor of hosting this season's racing. I hope to make this the best one yet.

To get this started, I would like to see some feedback on what you would like to see this year. Additionally, I would like to get an idea of what planeset to use. And finally, I'd like to get some brand new racetracks for the season. If you have some budding interest in making a track, feel free to let me know, and I'll get it added to the track roster.

I'll start off reviewing (and possibly updating/fixing) some of the classic tracks from yesteryear, and we'll see what we can use to start the year. :)

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Dev. My 2 cents. A track that is flat...a figure 8...4 or 5 hangers, side by side, to fly through..a wide bridge span to fly under and 5 carriers side by side for the first one to trap and not crash is the winner.     :lol
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  I prefer planes  with props that do not use auto pitch, have wep that is not tied to the throttle ( the ones that let you enable or disable the wep  and don't auto enable the wep when you get to 100% throttle), and do not have auto radiators.   The more engine management choices there are, the more strategy is needed.

I also prefer tracks that have very few straights. Turns are where the pilot skill  makes the difference.

Dev, Here is a link to some tracks I found. I think some are from 08, some from 09, and some might not be quite race ready..  http://cid-e03b9451bd4b6b4e.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/AH%5E_Racing.zip

_AH_Deviant

Quote from: _AH_taldrg on March 12, 2010, 05:57:33 PM
~S~ Dev. My 2 cents. A track that is flat...a figure 8...4 or 5 hangers, side by side, to fly through..a wide bridge span to fly under and 5 carriers side by side for the first one to trap and not crash is the winner.     :lol
Be careful what you wish for.  (6)

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on March 14, 2010, 10:58:19 PM
S~.  I prefer planes  with props that do not use auto pitch, have wep that is not tied to the throttle ( the ones that let you enable or disable the wep  and don't auto enable the wep when you get to 100% throttle), and do not have auto radiators.   The more engine management choices there are, the more strategy is needed.

I also prefer tracks that have very few straights. Turns are where the pilot skill  makes the difference.

Dev, Here is a link to some tracks I found. I think some are from 08, some from 09, and some might not be quite race ready..  http://cid-e03b9451bd4b6b4e.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/AH%5E_Racing.zip

Thank's BB.  :cool:

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Deviant

2010  Aces High Racing League Rules

1> The Aces High Racing League will consist of ten races each featuring three heats of varying length depending on the circuit being raced. One race will be held per week. NOTE: Race dates may vary due to squadron commitments so please pay attention to the calendar on the Aces High main page.

2> The tracks and corresponding files will be released one week prior to the race. The race circuits will vary greatly in length, terrain, type, etc

3> Custom skins are encouraged and welcome for use. The louder, the better but Aces High policy still stands as per the Code Of Conduct. Material considered to be in poor taste or offensive will not be permitted.

4> Races will be flown in "Open cockpit" with "Invulnerability" set to "On. This is meant to reduce the chance of collisions and any damaged caused by aircraft explosions. For the purpose of these races clouds will be turned "Off" in an effort to improve frame rates.

5> All participating pilots MUST be on Ventrilo. Trash talk (To an extent), is encouraged. While not mandatory, pilots should communicate their intent to pass and give out their position in relation to other participating aircraft to whom they may not be visible.

6> Should any single incident during the start of a race cause 4 or more aircraft to crash or sustain damage, the heat will be restarted.  The "Start of a race"  is referring to the area from the start line to the end of the first turn.   There will be no midrace restarts, with the exception of a host disconnection problem.  Individual stutters, malfunctioning controls, tossings to the desktop and the like will not be cause for restarting a race.

7> All of the race tracks will have specific instructions and rules that must be adhered to. Failure to comply may result in a pilot being disqualified. These rules will be featured in the mission briefing.

8> A committee of 3 judges (That are allowed to partake in the racing league) will be organized. This committee is expected to view race videos and decide on any disputes that should arise. Any ruling of a judge is final and dispute decisions will be based on a vote basis. All races will be recorded and reviewed and any dispute, should there be any, decided upon.

9> If a pilot crashes during a heat, he can take no further part in that heat and must wait for the next one. No points will be awarded to a crashed pilot no matter what position they were occupying at the end of the race. Crash landing with no damage to the aircraft constitutes a crash and will be treated as such. Any pilot re-spawning during a heat after crashing WILL be penalized. A pilot may also be penalized for causing undue delays while lining up for the start.

10> Points for each heat will be awarded as follows:
1st Place: 15 pts
2nd Place: 12 pts
3rd Place: 9 pts
4th Place: 6 pts
Finishing a race in lower than 4th position: 3 pts
Crashing: 0 pts

11> This is meant to be both a training exercise (Learning how to push an aircraft to it's limits) and the same time enjoyable. While winning is fun, flying with your friends and having a good belly laugh should be equally, if not more so, important. Any pilot forgetting this may be asked to cease taking part in future races.

12> This racing league will be subject to the wishes and decisions of the Aces High command staff. Rules may be changed, modified, or nullified at their discretion without prior warning.

13> All races will be set up on a starting grid like the one listed below:

This can be as narrow as a row of two, or as wide as a row of 14, depending on the track. All racers will line up in reverse order by ranking for the first head (last goes first, first goes last), and by the reverse of the prior race's results for following heats (DNFs go first, by reverse placement to last). This should both help rookies get a better head start, and to also cut down on accidents and collisions on takeoff.