_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Deviant

After re-review of race 3, the standings have been updated; z5o has earned 3 points for finishing in 7th place!

_AH_Deviant

Results will be posted by Tuesday or so. In the meantime...

Next Race: Race 3 - Up & Over *NEW!*
Next Plane: I-16
Race Start Time: Saturday April 17th @ 9:00PM EST /  8:00 CT / 7:00 MT / 6:00 PST
Download Racetrack Here

I will need a non-racer volunteer to count laps. If not, I'll count them myself and sit out.

_AH_Twisted

Umm where are the results from Race #2?

_AH_Deviant

Had a surprise visit from people today. I'll get them up tonight.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Dev...ol' buddy, 'ol buddy. I DLd the up and over and put it in a folder on my desk top. How and where do I put it so I can practice it and maybe...just maybe...I can finish just ONE lap of the race.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. the race tracks are built as dogfight maps.. you should put the two files into a folder inside your Missions/net/dogfight folder.

I made a folder inside the dogfight folder and named it Races, and put them in there.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ BBQ...my computer...C drive...Program files...Ubsoft...game folder...missions...net...dogfight...racing folder...the two files are in the racing folder. Go in game...off line...multiplay...creat...dogfight...guess what??? IT IS NOT THERE!!!!!!!  Oh well...I never finish anyway.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. can you see the racing folder?  and the mission doesn't show up?  or is it the racing folder that's not there?

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_DarkWolf

He had the same issue with the moving carrier fly in maps...

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~ The folder is not there.

_AH_Deviant

First of all, I wanted to apologise for the mess of the last race, and the delay for the posting of the standings. I considered writing off the race, but there were some well flown heats, so I will count them. I've been trying new concepts for racing this year to try to find more interesting ways to do races. If there is any concepts you may like, please feel free to let me know, and if there are any concepts you want scrapped, please also tell me that too.

Secondly, I wanted to add that I saw a breach of protocol during the race, and I want to remind you all that all respawns are forbidden during the race, and especially respawning and rejoining the race. In future incidents, I will be giving penalty points to the pilots in question.

And finally, we've started doing 9PM starts, but I wanted to know if you would prefer 9:00PM, 8:30PM, or 8:00PM EST starts. Too early, and I find too few racers on, and too late I'm seeing unhappy pilots as this cuts into co-op time. I get votes for both, but I need to know for next week ASAP.

---------------------------------------------------
Race # 2: Pillars (F9F)

Race 1 (2 Lap):
1st: Gonzo - 15
2nd: Archie - 12
3rd: Olds - 9

DNF:
Jetdoc
Autorotate
z5o
Deviant
Viper
Gonzo
Taildrg

Infractions:
Olds - Flew out of track two times, and flew half of the track in reverse- No Penalty

Race 2 (3 Laps):
1st: Gonzo - 15
2nd: Deviant - 12
3rd: Olds - 9

DNF:
Jetdoc
Autorotate
z5o
Archie
Viper
Taildrg
Zipzag

Infractions:
None

Race 3 (4 Laps):
1st: Archie - 15
2nd: Olds - 12

DNF:
Jetdoc
Autorotate
z5o
Deviant
Viper
Gonzo

Infractions:
None

Standings After Heats:
Gonzo - 30
Olds - 29
Archie - 27
Autorotate - 0
Deviant - 0
Jetdoc - 0
Taildrg - 0
Viper - 0
z5o - 0
Zipzag - 0

Standings For Season:
Archie - 66
Gonzo - 48
BB - 42
Olds - 37
50* - 15
Deviant - 9
Boosher - 3
z5o - 3
Autorotate - 0
Jester - 0
Jetdoc - 0
Taildrg - 0
Viper - 0
Zipzag - 0

* - Not an AH member

Next Race: Race 3 - Up & Over *NEW!*
Next Plane: I-16
Race Start Time: Today, April 17th @ 9:00PM EST /  8:00 CT / 7:00 MT / 6:00 PST
Download Racetrack Here

I will be sitting out the race tomorrow, and will count the laps for the race.

_AH_Archie

~S~

My vote would be to go back to the 8 pm EST.  That way we are done or close to being done by Primetime.

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Olds

Dev, if I came in 2nd in the 3rd race, why am I listed as DNF? I'm not complaining, just wondering.  :thinking-008:
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_BBQhead

_AH_taldrg

~S~             8 PM EDST