_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Gonzo

:i-m-with-stupid-0101: , now  :give-me-beer-0034: ,  :lol-034:

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Archie

Good job on taking 1st place this season Gonzo.

~S~ and wait until next season!!!!!

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Deviant

I know that I made a mess of things this season, and not to toot my own horn, but a thank you on the forums would have been greatly appreciated for the effort I put into it. I had constant criticisms this season, and from what I remember only one person stepped up to help on a regular basis, and that was Archie, and I thank him for that.

For those that thanked me on vent, and for the occasional assistance with testing concepts, and especially Archie for helping out with the tracks, Foxbat for his announcing and observational assistance during races, and Hells Angels 50 for his track submissions and constructive ideas, I appreciate it. And TD, I know that I was keeping things too short notice for you to prepare for, and I know you tried from all the forum posts you made, so thanks for keeping with it.

Ultimately, I was highly disappointed in the squad as a whole and how it treated both this event and me personally. I'm under a lot of stress these days, and for those who criticize me (either vocally or by intentionally dropping out from participation after the first few races after hinting at their disatisfaction of how I handled things) without offering to step in to help made me just want to walk away from it, which ultimately I had to. This is not aimed at those who just participated and had fun, or those who helped out, but those who did nothing but complain. It's the first time since I started that I hosted an event. I was looking for more optimism and pats on the back, not added stress to my life. I had to take two weeks off work for stress leave, after my nervous breakdown (and I really don't want to get into detail on that).

I'm not going to call out names on this, but those who are guilty of this should know it, and those who feel they did nothing wrong, should feel confident that they didn't, and I will leave it at that. I'm not going to start a fight over this, but I hope this will instead bring in more appreciation for what those in our squad do to make the game more enjoyable.

I may do this again in the future, by preparing the full season in advance. However, my faith in the family that I've known in over the past 5+ years has been shattered. Here's my challenge to you: Prove it to me and yourselves that we're the best squad in IL-2, and that our bond is beyond just the game we play. I have enough stresses in my life, and I've started ruthlessly cutting them out of my life. I don't want this to be one of them, by a long shot. I grew up here, which says something.

And congratulations for a season well done Gonzo. Well earned.  :drinking-43:

Foxbat

S~
Dev, sorry you became frustrated. Thanks again for the effort. I think the idea you mentioned of having the entire season tested and ready when it starts is a great idea. Please know too that me not racing had nothing to do with who or how it was run.
Its not easy to please everyone. In fact, its impossible.

_AH_Deviant

Thanks Foxbat.

Quote from: _AH_Foxbat on June 23, 2010, 11:48:28 PM
...Please know too that me not racing had nothing to do with who or how it was run.

I know, which is why I stated in my prior post that "those who are guilty of this should know it, and those who feel they did nothing wrong, should feel confident that they didn't." I know a lot of people were busy, and a lot couldn't make the earlier time, and I'm not calling those people out.

_AH_z5o

~S~
S! Dev, even though Ive not been able to make all the races and I cant seem to make it around the track more than one time, god I suck. OUTSTANDING job on the racing seson. I had a blast. Hopfully I can make more of them and make it around the track more than once and to those nay sayers out there,,,"Nuts"  :unhappy-059:   
Im not sure what has happened, Im alittle slow at times, so, if I specking out of turn/place, please look over me. I think from time to time some of us forget this is "AH" IL2 not WOW.

Zulu
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

S~.

The Mid Year 2010 Racing Season will open this coming Saturday, Aug. 21 at 5 pm, PDT.  Practice track will be open an hour before the race begins for those that didn't have a chance to practice during the week.

You can download the practice track for Race 1 here: http://cid-e03b9451bd4b6b4e.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Mid%202010%20Races/AH%201021%20Tanks%20A%20Lot.zip

What's new for the Mid Year Season.

Reduced the minimum number of racers needed to make a race official to 5.
Reduced the minimum number of racers colliding ( in a single incident before the first turn) needed to call for a restart to 3.  

We will continue to use the two improvements implemented by Deviant in the last season.
1. Use of the Start Script.. Starts will be automated and given in Text, as they were last season since the "Go" being called over voice comms lags more for some than others and causes uneven starts.
2. The Starting Grid will be Staggered as that greatly lessens the likelyhood of Collisions at the start.
    Good call on those last season, Dev.  

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

HA_50

:censored-015:   So...... on my eastcoast sundail it will be 2:30 pm ?   :lol-034:

wont that be very early to start?

_AH_DarkWolf

I think ya got it backwards 50, it would be 8:00pm on the east coast.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~ That's what I posted in the "EVENTS".
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Autorotate

Deviant, how come we never see you in missions, only racing.  (roll)

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Race #1 was Lots of Fun.. Good racing by all that attended.   

The practice track for Race #2 is available for download.  The I-250 on a slightly edited Roller Coaster track.. Multi engine plane on a very hilly course..   

Here's the link: http://cid-e03b9451bd4b6b4e.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Mid%202010%20Races/AH1022%20RollerCoaster.zip

Results from Race 1 will be posted later this evening after the meeting and flying.. 

Race #2 will be start at  5 pm PDT on Saturday Aug. 28.   There will be a room open for an Hour prior to race time for those that didn't have a chance to practice during the week.   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_BBQhead

S~.   

The Official Results of Race 1 are in!   

Heat 1

Archie -15
Gonzo  -10
HA_50  - 8
Toccs  - 6
AD2    - 3
Coyote - 3

DNF
Z5o
BBQ

Heat 2

Archie -15
BBQ    -10
Gonzo  - 8
HA_50  - 6
Coyote - 3
AD2    - 3

DNF
Z5o
Toccs

Heat 3
BBQ    -15
HA_50  -10
Archie - 8
Z5o    - 6

DNF
AD2
Coyote
Gonzo
Jetdoc

*Standings After Race 1*

Archie   -38
BBQ      -25
HA_50  -24
Gonzo   -18
Toccs     - 6
AD2       - 6
Coyote  - 6
Z5o       - 6 
Jetdoc   - 0

_AH_BBQhead

S~. The official Results of Race 2 are in!

**Race 2 Results**

Heat 1

BBQ ....15
Archie..10
HA_50 .. 8
Ring ... 6
Rgaa ... 3
Toccs .. 3

DNF
Jetdoc
Olds

Heat 2

BBQ ....15
Archie..10
Rgaa ... 8
Olds ... 6

DNF
Jetdoc
HA_50
Ring

DQ
Toccs- Too High

Heat 3

Archie..15
BBQ ....10
HA_50 .. 8
Toccs .. 6
Olds ..  3

DNF
Jetdoc
Z5o
Rgaa

DQ
Ring- Too High

**Totals for Race 2**

BBQ ....40
Archie..35
HA-50 ..16
Rgaa ...11
Toccs .. 9
Ring ... 6
Olds ... 9
Jetdoc.. 0
Z5o .... 0

****Season Totals after 2 Races****

Archie -73
BBQ    -65
HA_50  -40
Gonzo  -18
Toccs  -15
Olds   - 9
AD2    - 6
Coyote - 6
Z5o    - 6
Rgaa   - 6
Jetdoc - 0

Another night of good clean racing.  I didn't see any planes bumping each other even though there were plenty of planes close to each other in lots of the turns.  I may have missed seeing a bump or two.. but from what i saw, very sporting season so far. Good communication when passing, and lots  of guys running just a little wide in the corners when they know they're in traffic.. Well done.

Sorry about the DQ's..  but both DQ's were for multiple instances of being well above the markers.

There will be no official race this weekend as it is a Holiday weekend here in the states.. The  next  race where points will be awarded and count towards this season's standings will be on Saturday Sept.  11 at  5pm PDT.   Practice track will be posted next weekend. 

HA_50  has generously offered to host a race for the Holiday weekend so you can keep your racing skills sharp. (  No Season points will be awarded for the Holiday Weekend race.)     

HA_50

Greetings and ~S~, I will post by Wednesday the track decriptions of the track>s I may host and the Plane set that will be avail for that track. Since I cant post files on here I will not have the tracks ready for practice but this would be racing for fun anyhow. And a chance to hone those first lap skills, Oh and for a guy that builds his system out of garbage ,used pallets and old crates BBQ how many crates are needed to get 4 gigs of ram?