_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Lippy

Ohh crud u beat Archie i remember now the crocked finish line trick didnt work

_AH_Archie

Quote from: _AH_Lippy on November 10, 2011, 07:20:19 PM
Ohh crud u beat Archie i remember now the crocked finish line trick didnt work

I protest!!!  That line nor the person who put it there was drinking or drunk.

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Quite the interesting night of racing. I watched the tracks more than needed for scoring review just so I could watch the  parts where several planes were running wing to wing through the turning and twisting parts of the course.   
Here are the results:

*Heat 1*

Lippy .....15
BBQ .......12
Archie ....10
Zulu ...... 9
Gatlingun . 8
HA-77 ..... 7
HA-50 ..... 2
Nimble .... 2
Viper ..... 2
HA-56 ..... 2
Moby ...... 2
Olds ...... 2

**Heat 2**

Archie ....16
HA-50 .....13
Olds ......11
Gatlingun .10
HA-77 ..... 9
Moby ...... 2
Zulu ...... 2
HA-56 ..... 2
Lippy ..... 2
Nimble .... 2
BBQ ....... 2
Viper ..... 2

***Heat 3***

Lippy .....17
Archie ....14
HA-50 .....12
Nimble ....11
Olds ......10
Gatlingun . 9
HA-77 ..... 8
Zulu ...... 2
HA-56 ..... 2
BBQ ....... 2
Moby ...... 2
*Viper .... -2  Penalty, Not at Idle in the starting grid, causing a crash.

*********Race 9 Totals*********

Archie ....40
Lippy .....34
HA-50 .....27
Gatlingun .27
HA-77 .....24
Olds ......23
BBQ .......16
Nimble ....15
Zulu ......13
HA-56 ..... 6
Moby ...... 6
Viper ..... 2

*********Season Standings after 9 Races*********

Archie ....302
Lippy .....274
BBQ .......259
HA-50 .....222
Nimble ....138
Olds ......117
Gatlingun . 97
HA-77 ..... 76
Z5o ....... 66
Jack ...... 51
HA-56 ..... 42
Toccs ..... 30
HA-57 ..... 17
Gonzo ..... 16
Moby ......  6
Viper .....  4
Jester ....  2
Bear ......  2
Killerbanjo  2

The practice track for the final race of the season is available here:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=E03B9451BD4B6B4E&id=E03B9451BD4B6B4E%21878

Track: Dogfight
Plane: I-153
Laps: 1,2,3

If you raced the final race of last season you'll recognize it, and probably be cussing under your breath just a bit.... but at the same time be looking forward to the challenge? 
It's a narrow twisting hilly course and a plane with a gravity fed fuel system.  Keep it running and you just might end up on the podium.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Lippy

_AH_BBQhead

S~  This Season's final points have  been tallied, and here's how it all ended up.  Congrats to Archie for another 1st place in points for the season.   

*Heat #1*

BBQ .......15
HA-50 .....12
Gatlingun .10
Archie .... 9
HA-77 ..... 8
Lippy ..... 2
Zulu....... 2
HA-56 ..... 2
Nimble .... 2
HA-57 ..... 2
Olds ...... 2

**Heat #2**

HA-50 .....16
HA-77 .....13
Archie ....11
BBQ ....... 2
Lippy ..... 2
Zulu ...... 2
Gatlingun . 2
HA-57 ..... 2
HA-56 ..... 2
Nimble .... 2
Olds ...... 2

***Heat #3***

BBQ .......17
HA-50 .....14
Gatlingun .12
Nimble ....11
Archie ....10
HA-77 ..... 9
Viper ..... 2
Jack ...... 2
Lippy ..... 2
Zulu ...... 2
HA-56 ..... 2
HA-57 ..... 2
Olds ...... 2

**********Race 10 Totals**********

HA-50 .....42
BBQ .......34
Archie ....30
HA-77 .....30
Gatlingun .24
Nimble ....15
Lippy ..... 6
Zulu ...... 6
HA-56 ..... 6
HA-57 ..... 6
Olds ...... 6
Jack ...... 2
Viper ..... 2

********** Final Season Standings **********

Archie ....332
BBQ .......293
Lippy .....280
HA-50 .....264
Nimble ....153
Olds ......123
Gatlingun .121
HA-77 .....106
Zulu ...... 72
Jack ...... 57
HA-56 ..... 48
Toccs ..... 30
HA-57 ..... 23
Gonzo ..... 16
Moby ......  6
Viper .....  6
Jester ....  2
Bear ......  2
Killerbanjo  2

It has been another exciting season and some of the best racing I've had the privilege to be a part of. It was truly gentleman's racing this season. It was obvious everyone was making a lot of effort to race as cleanly as they could, and a sincere thank you to everyone that raced for the sportsmanship exhibited throughout the entire season. 
Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.  We'll start racing again in a few months.. I'm thinking sometime around March.
Congrats to all for making this season what it was.   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Nimble

well, really enjoyed this my first full season of racing. Thanks to 'bbq and all the racers .... it was very exciting.Gatling  and I had a truely fun race in the last 3 lap heat.... and there were some other very close and exciting races to watch. Personally, Im looking forward to the next season and Im hoping to make all the races. Thanks again BBQ.... a really great job of putting this together. Congradulations to Archie.... for a great season of  racing and 1rst Place..... taa dalhhhhhhhh :drinking-43:

_AH_gatlingun

~S~
Yeah,I agree,very exciting racing all season. That last 3 lap heat with Nimble was just unbelievable. Don't think I ever tried that hard before to pass somebody,wow. Thank you BBQ for all the work. Some screen shots would be nice.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_BBQhead

S~

I think it's finally here.. Sorry about the delay.. 

Here is the link to Race 1 of the 2012 Season.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=e03b9451bd4b6b4e&resid=E03B9451BD4B6B4E!892&parid=E03B9451BD4B6B4E!613

The first race of the season will be flown on April 14th. Saturday.. at our usual time of 8 pm EDT.  Practice track open for online warm up about an hour before that, as usual.

Race 1 file name is something like 121CrisXcross.  It should come up in the game as 121CrissCross2. or something like that..

It's a short, flat, and fast track with several crossovers.. as the name implies..  Should be a fun one to get the season started. 

The Plane is a Seafire. The Seafire F IIc, Merlin-50, 1942 is how it shows in the game, but i seem to recall it being named something slightly different in the plane list.

Since it's a fairly short track, we'll fly more laps than usual.. first heat, 3 laps.. 2nd heat, 4 laps, 3rd Heat, 5 laps.

The usual starting grid markers weren't showing up so pairs of campfires were used..  You'll see.. the banner type starting grid markers we've used in the past were below the surface of the runways, making them invisible.. had to use something we could see.. campfires worked. 

Good luck, Have fun, race hard.. Don't #$$%%^$% crash into me.  (tongue)

_AH_Lippy

TY BBQ I will do my best not to crash anyone this season. ~S~

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

Thanks BBQ,"START YOUR ENGINES".
_AH_Gatlingun

HA_50

Ok just ran the track and have a MARKING request for you BBQ, there are two corners that when at full speed could be confused whether you go left or right. Because you could fly both directions. Could you add a few more red markers on the water to give a earlier indication of which way you direct your flight. I see this being a problem when 10 planes are in a corner and fighting. We dont want to see Viper coming headon at us agian this season :lol-034:

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Ok.. I'll add more markers and post the remarked track this coming Saturday.. That will still give a week to see the track as it will be when we race it.. I don't like to make any changes too close to race day, but since we'll still be a week away on Saturday, all good for that one. 

Just an FYI.. The bomb targets  that I used for general direction arrows (that aren't in the intersections) are mostly for reference when some one has gone our of bounds and circled back to rejoin the race. It  makes it a little easier to come back into the course and be headed in the right direction with those. They aren't meant to really be much help in showing you a turn is coming when you're on course. 

And on a different topic.. I was just kidding about the crashing into me in my previous post. I was honestly very pleased with the amount of care everyone took last season when trying to pass. More than pleased really.. maybe impressed is more accurate.  There are going to be a few wrecks no matter how hard we try to avoid them.   All we can do is try as best we can to keep them to a minimum and remember why we race, you know other than bragging rights for doing well - It's to have fun while we learn a little something about managing that E.           

_AH_gatlingun

~S~
BBQ
Can you tell us the correct plane in the game folder,a seafire FIIc is not listed in the game.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_DarkWolf

I see four "Seafire F IIc"s in my game, including a "Seafire F IIc Merlin-50, 1942" just as BB said. Are you asking about skin folder? The skin folder for that paticular a/c would be "SeafireMkII50".

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_gatlingun

_AH_Gatlingun