_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Lippy

I am considering changeing the way we score the races. BBQ mentioned that he scored DNF and DQ no different, in other words regardless of DQ you would still recieve the 2 points. This will lessen the blow of being DQ'ed, I am also thinking of giving out more warnings than DQ's, like no Nav lights or wing tip smoke. I thought DQ was a bit strong for not flying with nav lights. The point of this is to have fun, and learn to controll your aircraft. If there are any objections, questions or concerns please lets start a discussion. Thanks guys

_AH_Nimble

calling all Lippys .... calling all Lippys.....  :help-sos-sos-29402:

_AH_DarkWolf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqrv15c7je0w5oa/JetsFIlms.zip?m=

Here's my jet tracks from last night. I kept forgetting to stop the tracks so they have alot of crap at the ends of them.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Lippy
   Well done Sir but, I have a question. What,if any, is the main purpose for the smoke. For me, 'cause I was always in the rear, I had trouble seeing the next pylon. Thanks you.

TD
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   I downloaded the thingie DW but it was blocked but I did get it DLd and then it said my system could not play it or some dumb thing like that. No big deal...just in case you asked me if I had seen it you would know why I would say..no.

_AH_DarkWolf

Worry not, TD. Those are just the tracks of the faux racing we were doing. Ghostbear wants to create some kind of video with them so they are really only of any use to him.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   OK  boss  thanks.

_AH_Lippy

TD I am very aware of the fustration of the hazard that wing tip smoke creates. If I am not mistakin this rule was created to assist in scoring the races. It helps to see where the planes are or where they came from when reviewing the tracks. When reviewing the recorded tracks the game does not have a rewind button, so if you if dont catch a mistake right away you can back track the smoke trail to see if indeed the plane was or was not outside the track instead of watching the recording all over again. Going around and around watching each individuals plane is extremely stressful on the eyes, some cant judge due to the fact that it makes them sick. I wish there was another way TD it would make racing in the back easier. I hope this explains the reason for the smoke. ~S~ Good Question TD

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Lippy
   A good and complete answer to my smoke question. I can live with it now. Thanks.

_AH_Lippy

I really wish there was a mod that we could install for racing that made wing tip smoke invisable to the individual only then it wouldnt be so much of a problem. I have a hard time racing in the rear. if I know I cant get up front I will drop back enough so that the smoke isnt trouble. ~S~

So I dont have anyone stating any other questions or concerns, even for the scoring of next season.

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Lippy on February 14, 2014, 08:01:03 PM
I am considering changeing the way we score the races. BBQ mentioned that he scored DNF and DQ no different, in other words regardless of DQ you would still recieve the 2 points.

That seems like a good simplification.

Here's another possibility. Why not score DNFers/DQers in the finishing order based on the order in which they DNFed/DQed? Like if you have 8 pilots in a 2 lap race and Pilot A DNFs on the first lap and Pilot B DNFs on the second lap. Instead of both being scored with the same basic points, Pilot A would be scored in 8th place and Pilot B would be scored in 7th. It would give guys credit for getting farther through a race. In the case of two guys bumping and both wrecking at the same time, whoever ends up farther down the track and in bounds gets the higher position.

DW

_AH_Lippy

Sounds complicated but simplified lmao

If there are no objections to this I don't see why not. It would be more incentive to race period.

_AH_DarkWolf

Your a NASCAR guy right Lippy? I was thinking it would be like that sorta. If a guy blows his engine on the first lap he's last place, 43rd. If the next guy to DNF crashes on lap 30 he's 42nd. As opposed to them both being given the same points they get whatever they get for 43rd and 42nd.

DW

_AH_Col._Hogan

Yup, that's why they continue lower on the inside of the racetrack, even when their race car is in really bad shape. The more laps completed the more points for the season.

S!

_AH_Lippy

Correct NASCAR rules state that the damaged car must maintain Minimum speed. Those not becoming a wreck by being out on the track just for points or positions. Actually the Drive and Park guys will sometimes come out for a few laps just to gain a position.

I have two things to discuss. 1 Fraggman offered to give me his tracks he has created, is there any objections to us incorporating some of CPS tracks into the mix. 2 ghostBear asked if around 4 of us would like to actually race the Mig Track for filming. This would be a no holding back race for 2 Lapps and do it in 2-3 heats. I told him that Wed is booked till April 16 so if there are any takers we would need a day.