_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Jack

_AH_Lippy

Wednesday it is i will try and keep in mind when configuring the number of laps the time it takes to complete the series. I will post the track later today when I am on my lunch time. Thanks guys I look forward to the start of the Spring season of AH Air Racing for 2014. Good luck and lets kick the tires and lite the fires.

Opps just realized I am on the Gov computer and will download or upload the track when I get home tonight. Dang Nabbit

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Lippy on September 20, 2014, 12:14:12 PM
Thanks guys I look forward to the start of the Spring season of AH Air Racing for 2014.

Wow, I knew you were in another time zone on the west coast but it's still spring there??   :bomb-034:

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Lippy

Well so much for proof reading your comments before hitting DW opps I mean post  :lol

The FALL AH Air Racing Season is upon us. The first track is short but fast, and the plane of choice, I was going to use the German TA 152 but like the Mustang MK III better.
Blackout Downs - Mustang MK III
Heat 1 - 1 lap
Heat 2 - 2 laps
Heat 3 - 3 laps

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7CD999872472E6DC&id=7CD999872472E6DC!2300

Good luck fellow racers, and for those that want to join the race you are welcome but first read the rules and understand them and ASK PERMISSION before you SPAWN.

_AH_fraggmann

Sorry Lippy you got the 152 as the plane...but I know how to
change it to the Mustang. Will Expert be on or off ?
If need be my vote is for.. on  :happy-119:
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_Lippy

Sorry I forgot to go back in and remove the other planes I tested with. The Mustang should be in the pull down list, the 152 is the first on the list. I will fix that tonight after Camp night. Expert is off, I did some testing and got a hole lot of unreliable engines worse than when it is off or so it seemed. We each can do some testing to see if thier is any differences. I tested this track with the planes in the list and got different results with rad closed rad open to 2 and some unexpected instant engine failures. The squad is using expert on. This will add a hole new deminsion to racing, one we are not accustome to. The reliability of the engines I think is less with expert on. Meaning more engine failures during a race for absolutly no reason. You saw some last year it will be higher with it on. Discuse the final vote during the meeting on Sunday. Man better remember to be there I just commited myself to it. Ahhh the agony of leadership aint it a B@#$*

_AH_fraggmann

Sorry Lippy Im on the other side on this one. I like the idea of an even more realistic engine management and flight model.
In real racing you face the threat of failures and break downs.  The added engine vulnerability will add even more
realism to the aircraft and it's performance. I think using expert would change the dynamic of air racing as well. No more
running two plus laps before over heat, more realistic flight model, more accurate fuel consumption....you get my point....
It would bring racing that much closer to the real thing. In my humble opinion that would be a plus.

_AH_Lippy

The link to the track is fixed.

Tis is a post on my ongoing testing of expert on or off for this seasons races. I have been testing for two and half hours with expert on and with expert off. I have tested three 2 lapers with rad closed and tried extremely hard to keep everything as close as possible. With expert mode off I had one engine failure about 1 1/2 laps but after take off i felt the bottom of the plane bump the ground, this could have damaged the plane. So I ran the heat over. The engine failure was more unpredictable with expert off, also the engine lasted longer. With expert on the engine overheat came on almost identical to off mode, but the engine failed all three times before crossing the finish line and without any warning, no smoke no squeak that I saw or heard while in wonder woman view. With expert off always there was smoke then squeaking then failure. I don't know if the sounds are different when expert is on, but there is a big difference with concern to warnings of engine failure. It is my concern with expert on there will be no warning signs of engine failure but the failure rate is consistent. In real life one can never predict engine malfunctions, but I do like the warning signs of eminent failure it allows the pilot to take necessary precautions to remain in the air and achieve a good finish. I for one like having the opportunity to set a goal with no DNF's or DQ. I have yet to finish all heats in more than two races a season. I like to push the limits and get the win. If expert is on I feel this will be removed, and will ask that the Executive branch have a look at this test or post and come to a vote at Sundays meeting. Rule #12 states that changes need to be voted on. If you want to be heard attend the meeting on the 28th. I realize this is cutting it close to the first race and may alter the outcome so it is my decision to race the first race EXPERT OFF, then continue the rest of the season as voted on this upcoming meeting. ~S~ And good luck racers.

_AH_z5o

~S~
I forgot about the flight models changing by using Expert. Don't like it. Just when Im getting a handle on how to fly, someone changes my flight model and I flop around like a fish out of water. Not to say ANYTHING about my marksmanship, which was never that good to start with.  Tried it last night for the 1st time in game. Didn't like what it did. I guess if you have all the toys to run a more complex game, that's all good. But, for the rest of us, using just a basic run of the mill stick. Expert is a hand full. Im not sure if using it was such a great ideal to start with. But, who am I?
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_DarkWolf

I thought the tomahawk seemed easier to land with expert on but according to all the readmes I've seen so far, none of the P-40\Tomahawks flight models have been changed in expert. So I'm thinking some of it is our imaginations.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Lippy

~S~ Z this is why I am posting all of this so I can be fair to all who want to race. Remember this AH Air Racing forum. If I have just one pilot that wants to keep expert off and race full season I will keep it expert off. This is for the enjoyment of ALL OF AH not just for the ones with the machines too handle the gadgets and the time it takes to be good. I want to hear from anyone that wants to race TD, Jack DW, BBQ, frag, Archie and you Z and the rest. I dont want one AH Member feeling left out due to lack of anything. I want this to be clear.

_AH_DarkWolf

I don't know where you guys are getting this notion that expert requires a better computer or more expensive stick to run well. That's just silly. If you can run and fly the game in regular HSFX, you'll run just as well with expert on.

DW

_AH_fraggmann

I believe they mean a gaming type Comp. If thats the case my comp is run of the mill.
Athelon IIx2 250 Proc  4 G ram  GTS 450 :lol  X-55 Rhino. Other than the stick :thinking-008:... pretty plain Jane and
Im ok. (6)

_AH_Lippy

I simply dont want anyone to think they are left out or cant partake in racing for any reason. I would like to see a bigger turnout the more the marrier it becomes. I still to this day think that Air Racing improves your flying skills, along with quals and gunnery/wingman training. You must be able to control your aircraft under tight restriants and under deress. It sharpens your situational awarness as well. man to see the track ahead of, calculate when,were and how fast to make your turn while concentrating on comms to determine how far back the competion is, with all of that and win is an accomplishment to say the least. it takes constant commitment to become a racer, and I also know it isnt for everyone.
Maybe I am over thinking this, or how shall I put it, Babbling isnt that what it is called.  :happy-026:

_AH_gatlingun

~S~ Lip
I do plan to race this season,however,I will not make the first race tonight,going out of town.
_AH_Gatlingun