_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BBQhead

S~.

AS we gear up for racing season, i thought it would be a good idea to get some ideas regarding which planes to fly from everyone that's interested in participating.

This year's racing season, each track will have one or two planes available, but each different track can have a different plane (or two).. in other words if we race the SBD and the IL2 in race one, then maybe race two we will race p51 and the La7...   so i'd like to get an idea of what planes we should race.. not necessarily which planes should race each other.. just which planes you would like to fly at sometime during the season.. we may still go with just one plane type per race...

please, reply in this thread with a few planes that you would like to race.. 

my suggestions are these: La7 b3X20,  I-153,   P38,  F4U, J8A...

i'm thinking that if we can get an idea of what kinda of planes we want, then Dev will have an easier time creating the tracks for them.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Col._Hogan

With the improved flight model and trim , what do you all think about racing in 4.09bm?

..............S!

_AH_BBQhead

i expect we'll be racing 409b1m..  i'm still waiting to hear from the testers how a 408 built mission runs in 409.... we can decide that either at the next meeting, or it may  depend on how much of the track building has been done and what complications it may cause....

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

Foxbat

S! Looking forward to the racing season. What I would like is to fly some of the earlier planes. Not just the fastest ones. I think this would help with keeping the race more challenging and possibly more lead changes in the race. Planes that overheat easier and take longer to cool off etc. I think in that way all the racers could use some strategy to win as well as speed and flying skills. Some of the early spits come to mind. Also to use planes that can make the turns on the track we fly. If you have some tight corners a P-38 might not do very well with that. Anyway thanks for working on it fellas. Its gonna be fun.

_AH_Stiffy

i say we race the TB-3 :lol-029:

_AH_Deviant

Sounds good BB. I'll be on it. :)

_AH_Ring

I,d also like the earlyer aircraft...as long as all the pilots are flying the same aircraft per Race it would make no difference to me.  :lol-029:

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  From what i'm hearing, the one plane per track option is the way to go.. So we'll want a list of ten planes...

we've  got a couple suggestions so far.. a good mix is what we're looking for.  nothing too exotic... no jets or rockets, please. 

i don't think you want to leave it up to me to pick all ten.
Here's a rough draft  of what  i would start with for a list.

1. Mustang Mk. whatever it was that Moggy flew to first place in last year's season.
  2. La whatever it was i flew last season.  cuz i like that one.
  3. I- 185.. it's fast but accelerates kinda slowly.. and Skat likes it.
  4. Spit .. an early one  ala Foxbat's suggestion.
  5. TB3.. thanks, Stiffy.
  6. I-153 .. gotta have a biplane race.
  7. P 38 .. always seems to be showing up at the races.
  8. Stuka.. Cuz it's fun to say!
  9. Bf109 .. oughta have a german fighter in the mix.
10. Zero .. oughta have a japanese plane in there, too.   

Dev will be matching the tracks to the plane as he builds em, so it would be helpful to get  the list of planes set.

I'm thinking there's gotta be a plane or two that some body would like to see swapped out  from the ones listed above. let me know.   

thanks. 

_AH_Deviant

We could maybe make sets of three aircraft per race type, so that way there's a little bit of variety? For example, Gladiators and I-153's, or La-7 3xB20's and Mustang Mk. III's.

Also, I'm almost finished. I need to speak to you BB before I wrap it up though.

_AH_BBQhead

S~ Dev. wow..thanks..except last night you said you hadn't started and wouldn't be starting to do the actual building for about a week...so we could get a list of the planes we would be racing so the tracks would be appropriate for the plane  that we would be flying on it. 

ok.. yep.. guess we should talk some more..   :drinking-29:

_AH_Ring

Dev, I was hopeing that we would NOT have different aircraft per Race, That way it is pilot skill that determines the winner....not the flight model.

Ring

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  Yea, it's been made pretty clear to me  that the preference is one plane type per track so that's how we're gonna race.

_AH_Gonzo

Here's a couple of things I'd like to see for this year's racing league:

1. The tracks are challenging instead of difficult but NOT impossible.

2. One different aircraft type per track, especially types that we don't commonly fly. Here are some alteration ideas to BBQ's list above (Marked in red ).

Quote1. Mustang Mk. whatever it was that Moggy flew to first place in last year's season.
  2. La whatever it was i flew last season.  cuz i like that one. (You flew a La-7(3x20) BBQ!) I would suggest a LaGG model.
  3. I- 185.. it's fast but accelerates kinda slowly.. and Skat likes it.
  4. Spit .. an early one  ala Foxbat's suggestion.
  5. TB3.. thanks, Stiffy.
  6. I-153 .. gotta have a biplane race.
  7. P 38 .. always seems to be showing up at the races. Beaufighters might be a good alternative.
  8. Stuka.. Cuz it's fun to say!
  9. Fw-190A4... Slow to accelerate and bleeds speed easy.
10. Ki-100 ... Japanese.

3. Tracks be made available "A few days" prior to race day.

4. Apart from simply having race winners, flights will form teams and the points accumulated by the pilots of a flight go to the over all score of that respective flight.

5. Clearly defined restart rules.

6. Everyone has a good laugh!

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Deviant

Once the tracks are done, I have an idea. Maybe teams should be in teams of two or three (like in most racing teams), and that each team shares a similar skin. Maybe a few of us should make some legitimate-looking racing skins for racing, with a similar style that can be easily pasted and modified to fit all of the aircraft we'll be flying.

Just a thought. :)

Foxbat

Think your onto something there Dev. Sounds cool.