_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BBQhead

S~.

Teams might work.. we'll see how many like the idea.. i'm just as happy flying for individual score, but if enough guys like the idea.. why not?   thanks for the plane suggestions.   kinda surprised to see the stuka still on the list.. the beaufighter sounds like a good one. 

if we continue to get suggestions for planes during the week..we'll finalize the plane set at the meeting.  otherwise i'm ok with the list as is with gonzo's additions .. but i'm open to still making some changes on it, too..

the tracks will all be made available for DL  before the season starts.  and we'll know which track/plane will be raced next a  week ahead of time.   

restarts will be only if we lose 4 planes before wheels up.  once all planes are up... no restarts unless there's a race halting game glitch on the host/server side... such as a lost host connection..  personally i would be ok with no restarts..but i think we have to be open to  the idea that we're gonna run into a couple of restarts.  plus having been run over several times during the starts of last year's season and i can understand the frustration of being knocked out through no fault of your own.. but as they say.. that's racing...   and races are short..so if you do get knocked out.. you won't be waiting long..

races are done in Dogfight rooms, so we won't have guys getting kicked to their desktops on spawn, and everyone will have time to preflight their controls.. so no restarts for  individual control problems.   

we'll also use a non standard password to minimize the chance of mid race spawn lag...

i intend to view most issues during the race -  like  stutter,  surging, malfunctioning controls, etc.  as racing luck. and will not be planning on restarting for those kinds of things.  no way to cover every possible scenario that might come up... but for the most part ,  i expect to not restart for much. 

i am considering penalty points for mid race respawns, or running over people on the start, or causing too many crashes or delays..  for instance.. nosing over three times ( or more) while trying to line up for a start.. i kinda like the idea.. but might be too much trouble. not sur how fair that would be to a team of racers either  if we decide to go with teams. 

glad to see some suggestions coming in.  don't be shy..     

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.

Please Sign up ( reply) here if you plane to participate in the 2008 _AH_ Racing League.

THe idea of teams was brought up,  could prove difficult.. but i was thinking that we might track racers by Flight.. A, B,  C, D..  HQ guys filling in  as needed and see if it doesn't add i nice element to it..
the emphasis will be on individual scoring, but i think the team thing is good.. so we'll try it.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Deviant

Yeah, teams would be good, and it goes without saying that I'm flying the racing. ;)

As for the teams thing, there should be a bonus to racers of a team who win the first, second and/or third place positions; it would encorage blocking and teaming up for the betterment of the team. :)

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Aces High Racing is meant to encourage competition and sportsmanship.

Blatant blocking ( altering your course to impede a faster plane) will be cause for disqualification. 

_AH_Deviant

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on July 07, 2008, 06:10:26 PM
S~. Aces High Racing is meant to encourage competition and sportsmanship.

Blatant blocking ( altering your course to impede a faster plane) will be cause for disqualification. 

...Does that mean NASCAR, Formula One, Indy Car and the rest are also all unsportsmanlike? (6)

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. absolutely not.. they all have penalties for blocking..

_AH_Deviant

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on July 07, 2008, 07:05:07 PM
S~.. absolutely not.. they all have penalties for blocking..

Oh okay. :)

And besides, the last post I was half joking anyway. ;) (wavey)

_AH_Ring

Ok..I,ll be the first to sign in for the racing league..(most likely the only first I,ll get :surprised-027:)

Ring

_AH_Moggy

_AH_taldrg

~S~                 IN........if I get ALL my DLs installed in the RIGHT places.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Stiffy

I'm in even if I dont get my TB-3 lol

_AH_Olds

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_BBQhead

S~. looks like it's shaping up to be an exciting season..

as was decided at the meeting last sunday,

The planes we will be racing are ( in no particular order):

1. Mustang Mk III
2. Lagg 5
3. I-185 (seventy something.)
4. Spit 1942  clipped wing
5 IL 10
6 I-153 M
7. Beaufighter
8. P 38 Late
9.  KI-100
10. J2 m5

:cool:

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Opening day track is available for download.

For Race 1,

it's the Clipped Wing '42 Spit on the Roller Coaster Track.  Three heats. 

open cockpits, invulnerability on. heat #1 -2 laps.  heat #2 -3 laps.  heat #3 -5 laps.

Saturday!! Saturday!! S-a-a-t-u-u-u-r-d-a-a-a-a-y!! ( <---- please use your motocross race announcer voice for that part)

Start at 8 pm EDT.  we'll try and get them done with as little overlap into prime flying time as possible.
  If we are exceptionally short of racers on any given night, that night's races may be postponed.   

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  These are the updated rules for the 2008 season. 

2008  Aces High Racing League Rules

1> The Aces High Racing League will consist of ten races each featuring three heats of varying length depending on the circuit being raced. One race will be held per week. NOTE: Race dates may vary due to squadron commitments so please pay attention to the calendar on the Aces High main page.

2> The tracks and corresponding files will be released one week prior to the race. The race circuits will vary greatly in length, terrain, type, etc

3> Custom skins are encouraged and welcome for use. The louder, the better but Aces High policy still stands as per the Code Of Conduct. Material considered to be in poor taste or offensive will not be permitted.

4> Races will be flown in "Open cockpit" with "Invulnerability" set to "On. This is meant to reduce the chance of collisions and any damaged caused by aircraft explosions. For the purpose of these races clouds will be turned "Off" in an effort to improve frame rates.

5> All participating pilots MUST be on Ventrilo. Trash talk (To an extent), is encouraged. While not mandatory, pilots should communicate their intent to pass and give out their position in relation to other participating aircraft to whom they may not be visible.

6> Should any single incident during the start of a race cause 4 or more aircraft to crash or sustain damage, the heat will be restarted.  The "Start of a race"  is refering to the area from the start line to the end of the first turn..   There will be no midrace restarts, with the exception of a host disconnection problem.  Individual stutters, malfunctioning controls, tossings to the desktop and the like will not be cause for restarting a race.

7> All of the race tracks will have specific instructions and rules that must be adhered to. Failure to comply may result in a pilot being disqualified. These rules will be featured in the mission briefing.

8> A committee of 3 judges (That are allowed to partake in the racing league) will be organized. This committee is expected to view race videos and decide on any disputes that should arise. Any ruling of a judge is final and dispute decisions will be based on a vote basis. All races will be recorded and reviewed and any dispute, should there be any, decided upon.

9> If a pilot crashes during a heat, he can take no further part in that heat and must wait for the next one. No points will be awarded to a crashed pilot no matter what position they were occupying at the end of the race. Crash landing with no damage to the aircraft constitutes a crash and will be treated as such. Any pilot re-spawning during a heat after crashing WILL be penalized. A pilot may also be penalized for causing undue delays while lining up for the start.

10> Points for each heat will be awarded as follows:
1st Place: 15 pts
2nd Place: 10 pts
3rd Place: 8 pts
4th Place: 6 pts
Finishing a race in lower than 4th position: 3 pts

11> This is meant to be both a training exercise (Learning how to push an aircraft to it's limits) and the same time enjoyable. While winning is fun, flying with your friends and having a good belly laugh should be equally, if not more so, important. Any pilot forgetting this may be asked to cease taking part in future races.

12> This racing league will be subject to the wishes and decisions of the Aces High command staff. Rules may be changed, modified, or nullified at their discretion without prior warning.

:drinking-42: