Author Topic: BOX - 262  (Read 122 times)

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
BOX - 262
« on: May 15, 2019, 09:07:44 PM »
Well no Developer Diary today.. but...

and yet another sale for those of you sitting on the sidelines...

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
Re: BOX - 262
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 07:35:19 PM »

Dev Dairy for 262 today and other things:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?do=findComment&comment=771647

Jet engine Jumo-004B-1 for Me 262 A fighter/bomber is nearly finished - it is installed on the aircraft, its characteristics are set up and it is being tuned right now. For our project, we have chosen the updated variant of this engine which had a modified valve that made the throttle controls more trouble-proof. However, sharp throttle changes still can cause an engine fire, so it requires a degree of caution. Speaking of available modifications, this aircraft in the game will have the following ones:
- EZ 42 gyro gunsight with automatic deflection calculation,
- R4M unguided air-to-air rockets, 12 per mounting,
- Armored pilot headrest,
- Pilot back armor,
- Removal of the gun mounting armor for making the aircraft less nose-heavy,
- Removal of two Mk 108 guns,
- Bomber variant capable of carrying two SC 250 or one SC 500 bombs.

The list of this plane peculiarities includes the dangerous effect of Mach tuck at higher speeds that at first decreases its yaw stability. This yaw stability decrease not only makes the aircraft harder to handle but also warns the pilot of the increasing danger of an uncontrollable dive. The nose landing gear is omnidirectional and has additional brakes. While the plane is capable of reaching up to 837 kph near the ground it has good controllability at low speeds thanks to wing slats. It should be noted that the longitudinal center-of-gravity depends on the remaining fuel, ammo and modifications installed very heavily. For instance, if you remove the nose gun armor and two guns, it becomes so tail heavy with full tanks that it is dangerous to fly. Positive characteristics include good roll controls at any flight speed. All in all, the plane is going to be controversial, unusual and very interesting to fly:
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_Lippy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 01:23:47 AM »
Sounds like it wont be as tricky as the 262 in IL2 1946. What are the plans for the BOX are we going to qual these planes or am I jumping the gun. Just kinda curious I know it isn't officially a AH game I recon I am looking forward to a bit more.  :lol-034:

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 01:56:33 AM »

Qual'ing these would be awesome..  Every day I ground loop my Spit Mk9 and break something off..  the thought of another 9 T/O and landings would be a challenge.

Maybe we start building a map for this.. One that everyone has access to.. like Lapino..

Offline _AH_Lippy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 04:23:50 PM »
The Spit IXe, I havent broken anything off on the landing but it spins on me every time at about 40 MPH and I will break the Aileron off. I remember DW talking about how the braking system works on the spit so I need to practice. I flare at about 10-15 feet cut the throttle and allow the plane to come down on three wheels floats down nicely but I will bounce. Just dont flare to much.