Need Help

Started by _AH_Bear, March 08, 2020, 06:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Bear

~S~  I need help with Nvidia settings for BoX .. getting tearing .. did turn off Vsync in game but it limited my frame rates.. whats the card options i need to adjust??

_AH_Col._Hogan

DW told me not to mess with my card for BOX.

He said it's best to adjust the in game settings.

~S

_AH_DarkWolf

Yeah, the only thing I do in the NVCP is set 16x Anisotropic Filter. Looks a little better than the in game setting.

To solve tearing you need some form of vsync on and yes it will limit your fps to some degree depending on your monitor and the rest of your comp. Limiting your fps is not necessarily a bad thing as long as its still a decent number.

What are you getting with vsync off compared to on?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Bear

Vsync on steady at 59-60  without .. depends on the map.. over 120 ive seen

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on March 08, 2020, 08:29:43 PM
What is "tearing"?

In game, move your head side to side fast (tracker on) .. if the picture breaks up thats tearing

_AH_DarkWolf

Screen tearing, happens when the animation goes out of sync with the vertical refresh rate of the monitor resulting in a momentary misalignment of the image. It can be very distracting in some situations, like the prop disc animation in BoX.

A solid 59-60 isn't really a bad number. Are you running your monitor at the highest refresh rate it can support?  Sounds like you are at 60Hz, if thats the best your monitor can do that will be your limit with vsync on.

In NVCP do you have any higher refresh rate options in this dropdown menu?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Bear

No .. mine wont go that high

_AH_DarkWolf

You could always double check the specs of your monitor, just make sure 60Hz is the limit.

DW

_AH_Bear

_AH_DarkWolf

Then sounds like thats the best you can do with that monitor. Again not that 59-60 fps is bad, that should be playable and not choppy.

DW